“At least once a month!”

21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“At least once a month!”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

I love Ordsall Hall and visit there at least once a month, for a coffee and cake, with my parents and daughter. My daughter...who is three years old.....loves walking round the building and playing the interactive games. Very friendly staff who are always happy to chat to you about the building and its history.....plus its free to enter...yes there is a car park charge of £2.00 for 3 hours, but I think that is very reasonable these days. Beautifully kept garden too. Also, I attended a wreath making class here too which was brilliant. Definitely one of my favorite little places to visit.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank CavyCressida

• Polish first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
227 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 194 helpful votes
“lovely place in the middle of a housing estate”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

We came across this house searching on the internet & it is an absolute gem - set right in the middle of an industrial estate and a housing estate! Well restored,free to get in & only £2 to park & only a short walk from the nearest Metro & the Quays area.There was a lot going on for children but due to the time of year, not a lot in the grounds but it looks like they would be great in the summer. Worth a visit

Visited December 2013
1 Thank AnnieM452
Salford, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“known it all my life.”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Only just come across this forum and it is great to see how many people enjoyed their visit. I Lived for 10 years virtually in the grounds of ordsall hall from 1963 to 1973. Our house was exactly where the entrance is on ordsall lane. I was 6 when we first moved there. It was virtually derelict but it was brilliant for me, my brother and mates to play in the grounds. Always scared of the ghost of the white lady or the caretaker that lived at the front. (ha ha never caught us). Used to watch over our garden wall the student archaeologists (i think) digging a massive trench where the old moat used to be and finding a goblet and other artifacts. I would love to know what happened to these finds. Also there are tunnels (believe me) that run from under the hall to various places.
Hulme church, the Kersal cells, the old docks, (salford quays) etc. A lot of historians say they have never existed but believe me they do. My brother and other people I know have been in them. If they opened these up it would be a fascinating plus to a great building. Also as my parents used to tell me of the secret panels, bolt holes and passages that used to be in ordsall hall. Are they still there. All adds to a fascinating history to a great building in Salford. You would be supprised how many people of Salford or surrounding areas have never been in or know where ordsall hall is. God me, my brother sister and mates could write a book on the experiences we have had as kids in This great place. If you visit Salford, do not forget to visit ordsall hall. You will not be disappointed.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Steven S
Bristol, United Kingdom
87 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 89 helpful votes
“Lovely building”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Strange to find this quite by chance and what a lovely building it is and very interesting inside - a hidden gem we were very pleased to come across

Visited June 2013
2 Thank suenovell
67 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Hidden Gem in Salford.”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Well worth visiting - right little hidden gem tucked away between a housing estate but don't let that put you off. Great location - 10 minute walk from Salford Quays. Lots of history behind this place. Staff are great - pleasant - friendly and helpful. The garden is wonderful. Try one of the workshops they hold or go on one of the ghost tours which are fab. This is a place you need to visit.

Visited August 2013