“Better than the average chain”
Review of Prezzo

Prezzo
Ranked #50 of 355 Restaurants in Salford
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Opened on 22nd December
Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

We have eaten here twice now and both times I have been very happy with the food and experience. The menu has plenty of choice. The pasta main course was delicious and was very good value. If you just want a bite to eat and a glass of wine, you cannot go far wrong here.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

We visited the TV studios for a recording of Countdown and ate in the restaurant afterwards. Usual quality of Prezzo food, with very friendly cheerful staff.
Unusual restaurant for Prezzo as, from my experience, most are in old buildings which have been converted - this is new and purpose-built, in a perfect location to watch the life of Media City (and the trams coming and going). We will be back.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Ate here after work on a Thursday evening and used the voucher that was available online. Two main courses for £12.95 and ended up being tempted by desserts and sides.

I opted for a classic pizza and fiancée chose a calzone. The sauce used on the pizzas and calzone is really tasty! The dough is good quality and topping all fresh. We had some olives too which were full of great flavour. The desserts just looked too nice to turn down so I had sticky toffee pudding which was huuuuge and so sticky and sweet, just as it should be. Fiancée opted for ice cream bomb which was also quite large and very tasty.

The service was great, it was becoming very busy throughout the time we were in here and all the staff were great, friendly and always on hand.

Will defiantly eat here again and the offers her on lunch and dinner tempt me even more :)

1  Thank SarahhLavinia
Reviewed August 8, 2013

And overall, I think if it was up to me, I probably wouldn't go back. The car park was expensive, and though you can park in the Lowry and walk, it's not that close by. However my husband thoroughly enjoyed the food.

We booked online the day before but when we arrived we were not on their hand written list. So the lady just stared at the list ignoring us standing in the door way until a gentleman came to seat us. We had asked for a private table in case our daughter needed nursing, but were offered the same two tables after explaining this to him. One next to the window (and outside was crowded), or one next to the till. So I figured the staff getting an eye full wouldn't be as bad as the entire outside so we opted to sit next to the till.

We shared a garlic bread with cheese and caramelised onion to start. Next time, we'll get one each. We were fighting over it, it was so good. The onions were divine. Hubby had olives with it on the side which he said were nice.

I had the burger for the main which was average, and came with chips OR salad, which was disappointing. My burger was on a huge, and pretty baron wooden board. So this only added to the feeling that there wasn't much food here. Hubby said his pizza was the best he ever had, and when I asked him why, he said it was the chilli oil they'd offered for him to drizzle. That pizza lasted A LOT longer than my burger, and I was nursing and eating one handed at the time!

Dessert we both had profiteroles which I can highly reccommend. We dined on Tesco vouchers so the whole thing cost us £7 (+£40 vouchers) but we topped this up with a tip.

The lady who blanked us earlier seemed to cheer up as the evening went on so that was nice as she was quite moody to start off with.

So, don't get the burger. (Or pay extra for salad/fries to go with it).

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Staff were very nice. I had a lasagne which was delicious and my husband had a pizza which he liked.