“Mixed opinion”

The Heart Apartments - MediaCityUK
Reviewed June 3, 2014

I stayed here last weekend and before we arrived I checked my booking details to make sure everything I needed was there. However when we arrived we were told it was card only and no cash! It did not say on the confirmation email that it was card only otherwise I could have been the bank. I had the trouble to phoning up my partner asking to transfer me money even though i had it in cash.

We paid for the room and the receptionist asked for a £200 deposit so I gave her the cash. She said again card only.

After 20 minutes we went up to the room and put the telly on to get ready. It didn't work. We phoned downstairs who told us what to do even though we had already done it. Made a second phone call then she came up. She couldn't fix it and was told she would send an engineer.

I then went downstairs half an hour later for a different woman to say we could change room. It did not matter because this was then close to 8oclock at night and we were leaving at 9 the next morning.

I still haven't received the deposit back and I mortified over these apartments after looking forward to a night away with my mates.

I think next time a premier inn would be for reliable and accept cash payments would be approved!!

• Stayed: May 2014
Baiba Z, Manager at The Heart Apartments - MediaCityUK, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2014

Dear Sir/ Madam,

I appreciate you honest feedback from you most recent stay with us at TheHeart Apartments.

Your feedback is much appreciated.

I would like to apologise for inconvenience you have experienced because of the payment method accepted at TheHeart Apartments. We are informing guests on travel agent websites regarding this so they can prepare prior to arrival.

I hope the issues you described does not dissuade you from staying with us again in the near future.

Many thanks once again.

Reviewed May 17, 2014

Apartment was spacious, clean and airy boosting lots of natural light. Well equipped for all your needs with nothing too much trouble.

Great location for a little familiar face spotting round the corner from the new BBC studios & Coronation St set.

Forgot my toothbrush so just popped into the accompanying Holiday Inn to assist - where I also grabbed a Starbucks when I went to get my car from the car park.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Baiba Z, Manager at The Heart Apartments - MediaCityUK, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2014

Dear Sir/Madam,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your very kind words regarding our apartments during your recent stay.

It fills me with great pleasure knowing you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us.

Your comments have been shared with the team and I hope we'll have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a week with the family (with an 18 years old son). The view and interior look exactly like the pictures in the website. We have a premier 2 bedroom apartment overlooking the canal. View is nice and we can see canoes and boats passing by. Reason we chose this place is it's a bit away from the city and therefore quiet. But you definitely need a car to commute. BTW, don't ever leave the car unattended as you will get a ticket easily cos there are BBC security everywhere. Carpark is 3 min walk away and 7 pounds for overnight.

There is a Booth supermarket nearby and therefore quite convenient. The apartment has cheap furnitures, floor is vinyl (looks like wood) instead of wood. Rooms are carpeted. Bed is a bit soft.

Front desk is friendly. The place is ok for a short stay, and definitely cheaper than staying at a hotel.

Stayed: April 2014
Baiba Z, Manager at The Heart Apartments - MediaCityUK, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2014

Dear Sir/ Madam,

What a lovely review - I am delighted that you chose to stay at TheHeart Apartments, MediaCityUK.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future perhaps.

Many thanks once again.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

The apartment was very clean, very spacious and we had a great view from our apartment.

The negatives were finding it, lack of everyday equipment and seating within the apartment.

No teapot, only three mugs and only three comfortable chairs. I know it sounds picky but the apartment was not cheap and we could have been elsewhere much cheaper. The receptionist told us that the breakfast was served in the other hotel until 10.30 a.m. but when we arrived at 9.30 we found out that it was only until that time at the weekend and in fact finished at 10 a.m.. As we had two small children and had to serve them first, and one needed the loo (!) by 10 a.m., one waitress in particular kept asking if we were finished and could she clear away, which spoiled the occasion and made us feel uncomfortable.

Room Tip: 205 had a brilliant view up the canal and across to Coronation Street at ITV!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Dear Sir/ Madam,

Many thanks for your honest feedback for your most recent stay at TheHeart Apartments.

I was sorry to hear that on this occasion you were disappointed with the breakfast experience. Please accept my most sincere apologies for any upset or inconvenience caused- it is never our intention for any of our guests to leave dissatisfied. Please rest assured that you have not experienced the ordinarily high standards we normally provide.

Thank you for your kind words about our apartments in general and I am happy you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed April 18, 2014

Booked this apartment at the last minute for a cheeky weekend away with a couple of friends.

As others have stated, the postcode given for the location doesn't take you to the hotel, we ended up driving around MediaCityUK a few times before working out which car park we were supposed to use. From there we had to traipse back and forth around the site in the pouring rain trying to find the place - for the benefit of any future guests, it's a small, almost unmarked door around the back of Costa.

Check in was quick and easy - the member of staff confirmed we would be able to get our parking ticket validated the next morning to get parking at the lower rate for hotel guests.

The apartment was on the fourth floor, on entering it was impressive and very clean, with a view over the canal and towards the new ITV studios. There was a reasonably sized combined lounge/kitchen, a small single bedroom, a bathroom, and a double room with en-suite shower room.

We had a few issues with the apartment - the main issues were that the shower in the bathroom appeared faulty, it was red hot and could only be adjusted in a small temperature range from boiling hot to scalding hot and was effectively unusable. This wasn't a big problem however, as there was a second shower in the double room's en suite. We also found the beds to be very cheap and uncomfortable - the general impression of the apartment was that the furnishings and decor were selected for appearance rather than comfort/functionality/quality.

The biggest issue we had was concerning our check-out. We were told that check-out time was 11:00 and an hourly charge would be made for late check-out. On arriving in reception at approx 10 minutes to 11 there were several other parties standing around looking confused, and no staff at the reception desk.

Several minutes later a member of housekeeping who didn't speak much English came through and told us she didn't know how to check people out and there wouldn't be anybody there until 14:00! We needed to get our parking ticket validated so couldn't just leave our door cards in the box provided. In the circumstances we were unsure what to do, as we couldn't go and retrieve our car... We ended up having to go into Manchester for the day, on the bus as the tram wasn't running. When we returned to the hotel around 16:00-16:30, we explained the situation to the member of staff on the reception desk. She was quite abrupt with us, she told us the room had already been serviced (we had no intention of going back in) and we should have left the key cards in the box. When I explained to her that we needed to get the car park ticket validated, she sharply replied "well you could have had that done in the Holiday Inn" - as if it was the most obvious thing in the world and we were stupid to have not know that (nobody had told us!). We then left.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Sir,

Your feedback is much appreciated.

If you would wish to book again please contact me direct on: rm@theheartapartments.co.uk and we can take this further.

Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here as a family of four for one night and were given a three bedroom apartment which was fabulous.very clean,very spacious and very well equipped. Can't understand the negative reviews on these apartments.i would not hesitate to recommend

Stayed: April 2014
Baiba Z, Manager at The Heart Apartments - MediaCityUK, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2014

Dear Sir/ Madam,

We look forward to welcoming you back at TheHeart Apartments, MediaCityUK.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

Aesthetically pleasing.... but that is about it......very cheaply furnished.

Found the place easily, very handy to get in and out of. The surroundng area is well kept and feels very safe.

The receptionist was very rude when we arrived at the hotel, which instantly put a dampner on things. £200 deposit was made. The most expensive deposit I have paid...but fair enough.

As I said, room was aestherically pleasing, however did not reflect anything on the website. No luxury toiletries, nice bed linen or towelling. It was very cheaply furnished. 2 single beds pushed together...television remote broken.

We had great views across the quay - but no where is it 'clearly' noted that you can't access the balcony. Which would have been a nice luxury - as we had great weather. So yes, the balcony is locked.

The bath plug was broken...which meant the water wouldn't drain properly...still waiting for maintenance....

There was a number of warnings about parties - however...I don't think the residents children get the same warning....

On the plus point ....I don't want to be too grumpy...

It was perfect for Old Trafford - 10 minute walk along the prominade...and a 2 minute walk to the tram facilities which take you into the town centre.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Baiba Z, Manager at The Heart Apartments - MediaCityUK, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

Dear Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback following your recent visit to TheHeart Apartments, MediaCityUK.

I was sorry to hear that on this occasion you were disappointed with the check in experience. Please accept my most sincere apologies for any upset or inconvenience caused. Please rest assured that you have not experienced the ordinarily high standards we normally provide.

I hope the issues you described does not dissuade you from staying with us again in the near future and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to TheHeart Apartments, MediaCityUK.