“Great apartment! ”

The Heart Apartments - MediaCityUK
Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

We went for a a weekend away in Manchester and stayed at this lovely and very modern apartment. My daughter loved looking around media city plenty to do and we never got bored.
It was great as many to see within the vicinity and good access to the city.
Will book again next time x

Stayed: October 2013
Baiba Z, Manager at The Heart Apartments - MediaCityUK, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2013

Dear Ms Herschel,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your very kind words regarding our apartments during your recent stay.
It fills me with great pleasure knowing you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us.
We hope to accommodate you again as soon as possible.

There are newer reviews for The Heart Apartments - MediaCityUK

Reviewed December 15, 2013

My first impressions were that this was a very clean and modern apartment. Other than that, the best part about this place was the check-out.

After a very long journey the first thing that we wanted to do was have a shower and a nap so that we could enjoy our saturday evening. We arrived there at 2.40pm to be told to come back at 3 for check-in as our room would be ready then. When we returned at 3 pm we had a 40 minute wait with a very miserable looking receptionist to then tell us that we would be without hot water until 6pm. In the mean time, until I could have a shower, I decided to have a rest. The bed comprised of 2 very uncomfortable single beds pushed together with a sheet stretched over the both and when wriggling to try and get comfy a gap would form between the two for someone of my size to easily fall into along with my boyfriend that i grabbed on the way down.

On the plus side the hot water came back on eventually. At first it was just right to stand under so I stood under it and then 5 minutes into the dribbling shower it turned so extremely hot that it burnt my scalp and had to be cooled under the cold tap in the kitchen because the temperature dial wouldn't budge on the shower preventing me from allowing cold water to flow.

While letting my hair dry after having to finish washing my hair in the kitchen sink I decided to iron my new 70 pound dress, taking precautions to turn it inside out, cover it with a towel and let it warm to the correct low temperature for my dress. As soon as I went to iron my dress, scolding water squirted out the side onto my leg causing my second burn of the hour right across my thigh, this time a lot bigger and more painful which formed a giant blister. To go along with the blister I now had a heavily water-stained dress.

We were hoping to go out early to enjoy a meal for my birthday but my the time I'd wrestled with the two single beds, washed my enormous amount of hair in the sink, had to guess what my lion's mane looked like as there was no mirror what so ever within squinting distance of a plug and by the time I dressed my blister and tried to hide my water stain as best as I could then we were finally able to head out.. at 9pm! After failing to find anywhere decent still open for food by the time we'd got into Manchester, LUCKILY we got drunk on our empty stomach's so by the time that we got back, we were able to pass out on the horrible beds.

NORMALLY I am very very easy to please and normally absolutely fine in budget accommodation however, for one hundred and forty pounds worth of inconvenience PLUS an on the spot deposit of 200 pounds to ensure I get some cracking blisters to go with my aching back from the horrendous bed, I am very happy to winge about this place. On check out, luckily for the staff, I still felt slightly drunk since we avoided returning here until the early hours so passed on the opportunity to formally complain. On reflection I wish that I had complained straight up because I would rather have had my money back and paid 30 pound more for the return train journey rather than paying the final amount we got charged to go home and get a decent night's sleep in my own bed in Wales :)

Room Tip: ear defenders to cancel out the neighbour's noises, sudocreme to heal the burns, a mirror to be...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank goodwin0407

Dear Madam,

I appreciate you honest feedback from you most recent stay with us and I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for the inconvenience that you encountered at TheHeart Apartments Manchester-MediaCityUK. It is our intention at all times to ensure that our guests are made to feel comfortable whilst staying with us; therefore I am disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay.

If you wish to return we would be delighted to offer you a preferential rate, please contact me direct on: rm@theheartapartments.co.uk.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

I have just returned having spent a few days away with friends, staying at the Heart Apartments. We booked an apartment for 4 people - it had two double beds, and a sofa bed in the living room. We found the appartment to be spotlessly clean, with extra toilet paper in the bathrooms, and extra towels for our use. But, it was very small - with barely enough room to walk around the beds in the bedrooms. The bathrooms were well designed and quite adequate with modern suites and good showers. The location was great - overlooking the water on one side, very close to the Lowry Theatre and shopping complex, with Costa Coffee on the corner and car parking and a supermarket nearby. However, it was noisy in the morning when machinery was being moved at 06.00AM! In addition, we were somewhat overlooked by a nearby office block, although it was easy not to open the curtains at that time. We were also disappointed that such a new apartment had some faulty fixtures - a window latch that was broken and thus the window did not close completely, the mechanism for the toilet flush was exposed, a few bulbs in the kitchen unit were not working....In addition, we would have expected a kitchen to have contained a tea pot and a caffetiere as a matter of course. We were told to come to reception on the morning of departure to have our car park ticket stamped to ensure that we paid the reduced price and we dutifully turned up at 09.55AM as reception opened at 10.00AM. At 10.15AM we telephoned the out of hours number to be told that the receptionist was at a meeting at the nearby Holiday Inn and we were asked to go there to have our ticket flanked which we did - although this did not not work, and thus it was back again to the Heart Apts later on that morning to have the ticket flanked again.....we were not amused. We all agreed that the apartments were adequate and convenient for the Lowry Theatre and shopts etc, but we would not return, as it was quite a challenge to get a tram into Manchester and back on a Sunday, and we liked a more central location to Manchester City Centre in the past.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Baiba Z, Manager at The Heart Apartments - MediaCityUK, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2013

Dear Madam,

Many thanks for your honest feedback for your most recent stay at TheHeart Apartments- MediaCityUK.

Your feedback is much appreciated.

I was sorry to hear that you did not find location to be suitable for you.

Please accept my most sincere apologies for the maintenance issues you found and I can assure you that action has been taken accordingly.

If you will choose to stay in the MediaCityUK area again in the future please send us your details to rm@theheartapartments.co.uk.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

Stayed here 2 nights while working at MediaCity, the apartment itself was very nice, good fixtures and fittings, but the 2 bad things about it were the thickness of the walls and the bed.

The bed was very disappointing and considering the main use of the room was to sleep in, it was a let down. It was a hard and lumpy matress which was 2 small matresses pushed together so you had a slight dip in the middle. The pillows were also like cardboard. Noise from the corridoor and surrounding rooms travelled easily through the building and considering my nights sleep wasnt great due to the bed, I was disturbed a number of times in the night.

The majority of people staying here are groups going for a night out in Manchester so be prepared for rowdy groups staying in the apartments around you.

Could be great with just a few small changes!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 11, 2013

We booked a 2 bed and an adjoining studio for a mixed group of 5; the studio was ranked very good by the two teenagers who stayed in it, the 2 bed wasn't- this had a double bed, a single bed and a sofa bed. The 'double bedroom' was so small that it could only fit a bed and bedside cabinets and there was a metal strip on the en-suite door as the bedroom door hit it every time you opened it, the only wardrobe in the whole apartment was a single one in the single bedroom, the over bath shower in the main bathroom was missing the plastic seal at the bottom of the shower screen so there was a 2cm gap which meant the bathroom was completely flooded when one of our teenagers used it, the kitchen sink was so loose it nearly fell off, beds were poor and uncomfortable , duvets and pillows were wafer thin, you had to move the armchair in front of the fridge to be able to watch the tv as there was so little space in the kitchen /diner/living room and only 2 chairs for the dining table in an apartment meant for 4, microwave too small for the dinner plates provided etc. We were all also repeatedly woken in the night by high pitched noises from what we presumed were water pipes running though both the 2 bed and studio apts. No information on the area in the apartments and receptionist did not seem to know the area.
Having said all this it was a decent price and very convenient for Old Trafford, which was the purpose of our visit. As other reviewers have said it would not take too much to make these very good but I wouldn't want to stay more than one night as it is.

Room Tip: Balconies are not accessible for short stay residents according to the information we were provided...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Baiba Z, Manager at The Heart Apartments - MediaCityUK, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Dear Sir,

I appreciate you honest feedback from you most recent stay with us and I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for the inconvenience that you encountered at TheHeart Apartments Manchester-MediaCityUK. It is our intention at all times to ensure that our guests are made to feel welcome whilst staying with us; therefore I am disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Excellent situation and all you would want from an apartment - BUT and it is a big but, poorly signed , no information beforehand about availability of breakfast at the Holiday Inn and no staff on duty after 11pm and before 10am. So I can't whole-heartedly recommend. The management needs to work at these issues if they continue to promote the apartments as an alternative to a hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Dear Sir,

Many thanks for your honest feedback for your most recent stay at TheHeart Apartments, MediaCityUK.

Your feedback is much appreciated.

We do listen to feedback from our guests and make adjustments accordingly. We are at the moment working on improving information about the breakfast and reception opening times in travel agent websites. Just to let you know that we are offering assistance to our guests out of reception desk working hours and all information is provided to every guest upon check in.

Once again we thank you for your feedback and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

I am a student living in Manchester and as my family came to visit we decided to get an apartment so we could all be together. The apartment came with all the essentials for the appliances, dishwasher tablets, washing up liquid, cutlery, pots, pans, glasses, plates.. which was a massive help! We stayed in the 2 bedroom apartment on the 6th floor, the views were great and the apartment itself was huge! The only problems that we had was not being able to read the receptionists hand writing when it came to entering the wifi password, and using the TV. We phoned reception and the lovely receptionist came straight up to sort it out and within 5 minutes everything was in working order.

We would definatly stay again as it was amazing value for money, in a great area with easy access to transport around the city.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Dear Madam,

What a lovely review - I am delighted that you chose to stay at TheHeart Apartments- MediaCityUK.

It fills me with great pleasure knowing you and your family thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us.

Your comments have been shared with the team and I hope we'll have the opportunity to welcome you all back soon.

Guest Service Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Salford
Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK
Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays
Hotel Football Old Trafford
ibis budget Manchester Salford Quays
AC Hotel Manchester Salford Quays
Travelodge Manchester Salford Quays

Been to The Heart Apartments - MediaCityUK? Share your experiences!