“Worse than woeful”

Beefeater Quay House
Ranked #19 of 325 Restaurants in Salford
Cuisines: British
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Kids, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Worse than woeful”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

The Quay House Beefeater Grill in Salford Quays is easy to find. It is conveniently located for the Lowry Outlet Mall or staying at the attached Premier Inn.

The first thing to note about Quay House is how different it is on the quay-side than from the road. The outside seating areas offer a wonderful view of the waterways, where you can watch people in the water whilst enjoying a drink or some food.

Both myself and my partner visited the Quay House for some dinner during the mid-week and were disappointed with the poor woeful service and poor quality food.

Drinks are served in cheap plastic glasses. When paying over £4 for a glass of wine, I would like at least a premium looking glass to drink out of.

We ordered two burgers which came with fat chips and a freshly made salad. We waited 35 minutes for two burgers which were re-cooked and the burger meat was burnt and the salad leaves were dry and in places, brown. The overall appearance of the food could be described as thrown together.

I complained to the "manager" (Daniel) who said "what do you expect, we are busy"?. I was surprised by this claim, as there was just five customers there at that time. A full refund was made after asking for it and we left. Considering the quality of the food (poor), it was definitely overpriced, being around twice as expensive as it should have been. Go to Café Rouge instead, as you will enjoy a much more enjoyable dining experience.

Woeful service, awful food. I can even cook better! Stay away.

2 Thank PaulWhydall_and_co

• Korean first
Manchester, United Kingdom
“So bad it could be funny!”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

After a day out, we decided to stop at this place on a thursday evening to have some pub-grub, so didn't go with high expectations. First the food was ordered and never turned up.40mn later we inquired and were told as the place was so busy, we had to wait (busy was 5 people indoors and around 15 outside! Not all asking for food, neither). Then we were served cold burgers with cold chips (probably being reheated looking at the consistency and left on the side). No forks or knifes available and staff who couldn't care less. As this wasn't eatable we asked for a refund, which was given after insisting.
Do yourself a favour and avoid this place.

Salford, United Kingdom
“I don't expect the Savoy Grill but this is woeful”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Waited ages for food, when it did eventually arrive the onion rings were stone cold, the barbecue chicken salad had no dressing and there was a lump of something on my plate that to this day I couldn't tell you what it was, If you do end up in this hole don't bother ordering the ultimate chips because I suspect the kitchen doesn't know the difference either, if it does I'd be scared to eat the common or garden chips. my daughter was so hungry by the time it arrived I didn't have the heart to tell her we were sending it back but I'll never set foot in the place again. I can only assume the Salford Advertiser was paid for it's review that appears on the website. A lovely waterfront setting it's just a shame the owners and staff seem not to give a tinkers cuss. Awful..

North West
“Below average!”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We were looking for some yummy 'pub grub' and found the Beefeater bar and thought we'd give it a go. What a big mistake! The ground floor area overlooking the quays was tired and grubby looking, bar person was miserable and uninterested. Should've left there and then anyhow we were starving so ordered food. Service was so slow, considering it was practically empty. Portion sizes for the price were very disappointing and quality was distinctly lacking. Overall we found the whole experience extremely poor for a large and trusted brand. We will not be returning to the Beefeater chain anytime soon.

• Visited April 2013
Grimsby, United Kingdom
“Breakfast very disappointing”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We went for breakfast here ,with high expectations after visiting an excellent Beefeater on our recent trip to Halifax.We were staying at the adjacent Premier Inn which was a good experience.We were greeted by a pleasant young lady who seated us quickly and explained the options.We had pre paid for breakfast the day before. We ordered two cooked breakfasts and I left most of mine. Poached eggs over cooked,as was the bacon and a sausage which was practically raw. I was really just prepared to put it down to experience, but as we were asked on our return to the hotel if we had enjoyed breakfast, I said that I did not. The receptionist, Shauna, was very apologetic and rang the restaurant whilst we gathered our luggage from our room. Upon checking out we were given a full refund, but Shauna explained that it was not Beefeater funding the refund as they had refused!! Terrible service and a poor chef. This gives Beefeater a bad name. Such a pity because if you read my review of the Halifax branch it was a completely different story.

• Visited June 2013