3,455 results
All reviews afternoon tea walk in wardrobe valet parking turn down service five star hotel river view birthday treat rooms are large car park huge bed fantastic hotel mini bar building work fantastic stay hotel bar city centre bars and restaurants
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Went to The Lowry for afternoon tea this afternoon. I’d been before on a Groupon deal but was more than happy to pay full price today!
The newly refurbished restaurant area was gorgeous and staff didn’t rush the afternoon tea experience. They also kindly accommodated a couple of changes in the sandwich selection. Will definitely return!

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Jasonorton, Director of Operations at The Lowry Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear 123birthdaygirl,

Thank you for choosing to visit the Lowry for your occasion. Its reviews like this that make all the team happy and proud of what we are achieving. We look forward to your return in the near future.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I went to the newly refurbished River Restaurant and I have got to say from the decor to Staff - Charlie our waiter was courteous and very knowledgeable. I ask for recommendations on what to have as I love my food and could have had it all! I was no disappointed from the entrees (love the tomato cream cheese that actually look like tomatoes...nice touch) the entire meal was 5 star all the way!
Simply love the new refreshed look, opulent and contemporary but still maintaining the high quality.
The choice of both wines and and the food menu is excellent I highly recommend! And the fact the Lowry Team have focused on local produce I love, along with their own bees to make local hone and their own gin is a very ethical and environmentally friendly. It shows how much they care...definitely worth making a booking and I am looking forward to the next meal there :-)

Dear Freedom424012,

Thanks for your recent trip advisor review of the restaurant. It was good to read your positive comments about the service and attention from Charlie he will be delighted and I will ensure he gets recognition for this.
A lot of time from all the team has gone into making this a excellent experience and we can tell from your review that it has met your expectations.

We very much look forward to your return in the near future

Kind regards

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I have been coming to the Lowry since it opened, but have since headed to the far more lovely Kings Street Townhouse and the Gotham, but they were full so we had to head back to the Lowry after a few years away - and oh my gosh - what have they done to the bar/restaurant??? It's shocking. Looks like a Travelodge check in area - garish orange and the saturday night we were there - two drunk students were entertaining the crowds (two elderly couples)! The resteraunt is utterly appalling. Its a cross between a motorway service station food court and a Scandinavian budget hotel dining room. The lights are glaring the silly light wood floor already stained and the seats are all style above comfort. At 8.15 on a Saturday night they were already out of fish. The service was hardly there, the wine menu is tiny and the duck was so overcooked it could have bounced off the floor. Breakfast is even worse, with everyone crowding around a tiny table which appears to have been placed under a tree (yes-no idea either!). The rooms have simply not changed for decades - same furniture - just some new curtains instead of those stupid blinds (about time!) and a few new scatter cushions. The same picture of the fishermen in the bathroom and well...you get the story...time has past this place by some time ago. 'Leading Hotel of the World' - you've got to be joking. The iron in the room decided to leave black streaks all across my shirt, the queue to check out took 30 mins because the 'system was down' and we have to wait 20 mins for a cab to Piccadilly. Until this place returns to 2019, best to avoid!!

Dear Milesw,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on your recent stay. Its such a shame to read that you are not a fan of our beautiful refurbished bar and restaurant this is now nearly complete a few bits left to address but we are nearly there. We have actually increased our wine list so not sure if you received this or was just working off the menu recommendations on our new Ala Carte menu.
I was sorry to read you did not enjoy the duck & disappointed to read you felt this was overcooked as we serve it rare, we have received many excellent comments on the food so I will follow this up.
our rooms will be refurbished next year so will be in a very fortunate position to have such investment into all areas of our beautiful hotel. Unfortunately all hotels using the same system as us were also effected by the system being down also,

Thanks for your feedback

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This is our second time at the Lowry. The first was about 12 years ago and back then the hotel was one of only a limited amount of five star hotels in or near Manchester. Our experience was very positive back then, so when we had the opportunity to revisit (with no kids!) we jumped at it. Firstly, if you drive and wish to park at the Lowry Hotel you will be charged £24 for an overnight stay. This is discounted as those non-residents are charged £40! You may be able to find cheaper car parks but I imagine many of the more secure parking won’t be far off this price. The car park is secure and directly opposite the hotel. When we arrived we were greeted outside by a very nice concierge who shook our hand and relieved us of our luggage. That kind of treatment separates your four star hotels to your five, so thumbs up! While we checked in, our luggage was whisked off to the room. Great too. The receptionist was friendly and asked us what we had planned etc, which again made us feel special. We had booked a business executive room, and a few days before I rang up requesting a quiet room, ideally at the end of the corridor. The woman I spoke to on that occasion wasn’t as attentive as the receptionist and I was left feeling she didn’t really understand why I had requested a quiet room. Nonetheless, she assured me she had made a note on the system. We were then directed to the fifth floor. By the way, you have to scan your door key in the lift before hitting any of the numbers otherwise the lift won’t move. We arrived at our room to find out it wasn’t at the end of the corridor but just around the corner from the lifts. Okay, I could have complained but I had made a point of telephoning especially to try and negate any further explaining at reception. So yeah, I was feeling a little let down by that.
The room itself was how I remembered it from 12 years ago, which isn’t a bad thing. The room is big, the bed huge, funky chaise lounge, coffee machine (not Nespresso but very similar) and quasi-walk in wardrobe. But here’s the point, nothing has changed in 12 years. The desk chair had worn so badly on the backrest bits were missing (see photo). There was also wear to the desk; chips and cracks in the glass) (See other photos). You would expect a few blemishes, but these were not in keeping for a five star hotel. Other things I have come to expect nice is a slow drop toilet seat and a bathroom mirror that didn’t steam up after a shower. I know, I know, I’m being petty, but in a time when you can go to a boutique hotel and pay less but get more, you wonder why the Lowry management haven’t addressed these issues, which wouldn’t be too much money to resolve.
We didn’t eat at the hotel but did return for a drink in the bar. Good table service, complimentary nibbles and live music, no complaints there. Again, in the morning, the breakfast was wonderful. The service I couldn’t fault and the food was extensive and delicious.
Overall, I’m giving it a four star review. I loved the customer service and the staff were helpful, friendly and professional. They would get five stars! Where it drops a star is the room. It’s tired looking and showing its age. Also, my request for an end of corridor (quiet room) wasn’t dealt with accordingly. Nonetheless, if you’re looking for five star service and location (it’s a short walk over a bridge to get into town) but four star rooms, then I’d highly recommend the Lowry.

Dear CWalker72,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us such a comprehensive review of your recent stay with us. It was great to read that your arrival was definitely a thumbs up form our concierge team and that the receptionist was friendly and made you feel special,
we are sorry if you were not happy with the location of room but you had requested a quiet room and we are currently doing work on the rooms at the end of the corridors that's why they had put you there. We are starting the update of our room as soon as we have finished the Bar & Restaurant so we hope next time you return you will see a big improvement with this.
It was great to read that you thoroughly enjoyed our Bar and breakfast was wonderful, but most importantly it is always best to read about how friendly and professional the team were. We are delighted you would highly recommend us and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We booked the hotel for a weekend away but just one night (Saturday). We arrived around 4ish checked in and the staff were lovely. On arrival the door staff were so friendly and instantly took our luggage and then took our car to park. We booked the deluxe double room but they upgraded us to the deluxe king room. This hotel seems to be very spacious. The lobby, the corridors, the lift everything was very roomy. Our room was AMAZING! Wardrobe area was walk-in which I loved. And had room to put the bags there so it wasn’t creeping into the bedroom. The bed was very big. The room was just amazing. The purpose of our trip was to have some downtime and relax and this hotel was the perfect type for this as we had planned to stay in on Saturday night with a takeout and movie. This room made us want to stay in. The bathroom was good too. The shower had a massage option which was something I have never come across before. We have stayed in many many hotels and my hubby actually said ‘this was one of the best showers’ and that’s saying something if it’s from him! They were no sockets next to the bed to charge your phone which isn’t normal but maybe a good excuse to detach from your phone for once so I wasn’t complaining. Molten brown bath toiletries were lovely and the hairdryer and straightener were GHDs which I have never seen before and I only like to use them so I was happy about that. Breakfast was brilliant too. Actually my hubby kept talking about that all day too. And he’s hard to please. I liked how the toast was made rather than having to stand at the bread station making toast which usually is too white or too burnt. Location was great. We didn’t actually realise how close it was to Spinningfields by walking over the bridge at the back so this was very convenient. I don’t really have any negatives. We had a lovely weekend and the hotel really made the weekend what we wanted it to be which was to chill.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Mary_Em123,

Thank you for your stellar review of The Lowry Hotel. It is a pleasure to read that the room where you stayed, the food & beverage offering, the location of the hotel as well as our service exceeded expectations. We very much look forward to welcoming you back as a returning guest to the Lowry. It is a delight to read your kind comments about our colleagues from the Concierge department, these have been shared with the team. We will look forward to you visiting us again in the near future.