“Late lunch early dinner”
Review of Chiquito

Chiquito
Ranked #52 of 326 Restaurants in Salford
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: 'South of the border' passion is always served up at Chiquito. A menu of bold Mexican and Tex-Mex cuisine is prepared however the diner likes it. Burritos, sizzling fajitas and tacos can all be customised for vegetarians or those wanting more spice. A kids menu, games and entertainment add to the family-friendly vibe, and there is a great range of exciting cocktails, mocktails, wines and tequilas.
Westhoughton, United Kingdom
“Late lunch early dinner”
Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

Called in for a decent meal having not had lunch and going out early so no dinner.
A new menu since I last went and it was very good, great choice although I do wish more would add caloric values.

Service good seemed to be the boss and it was very quiet as the wrong time for most to eat.

Marked the atmosphere as average as there was no one else inside but nice music playing

Outside was good weather and most there and that was very pleasant

Quality of food was very good and the boss was great and giving advice and info on the food choices

Will go back if in the area again

• Visited June 2013

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Poor PeriPeri Chicken, great starter”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

My husband and I went to Chiquitos to celebrate a great day at work. We ordered the Starter platter to share and it was fantastic. Very tasty with alot going on, and it really got our juices going. We were so excited about our main courses...only to be HIGHLY disappointed. I ordered PeriPeri chicken with fries, corn and coleslaw; and my husband had a regular burger with fries.

My meal:
The chicken tasted like they'd bought a plain roasted chicken from Asda and just poured a non-descript sauce on top. The sauce had no taste; chicken had no taste; and was definitely not marinated - no effort was put into it at all. I was extremely disappointed and don't think I want to ever eat there again. For £14 I felt like I'd be scammed. This needs to be improved, as I can't be the only one with shocked taste buds out there as a result of this dish.The corn was a tad dry, and I was given a mouthful of a bowl of coleslaw. I couldn't finish my meal as I felt like I was eating felt material. I took it home, basted it with some Nandos sauce and it then became somwewhat edible.

My husbands meal:
A dry, tasteless burger, on some dry tasteless bread. It was shocking. He just about finished his, but was completely unimpressed and usually has somewhat of a fuss-free palette.

I think for the money you pay, you get rubbish. Yes, they made an effort with the starter, but who goes to restaurants to be impressed by starters only??

It was practically empty when we arrived at about 7pm and, after our meal, we completely understood why.

• Visited May 2013
Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
“Great choice of food, fantastic cocktails and excellent service”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Went with 2 friends - we had a cocktail, starter & main course each and two extra sides to share; the bill came to £86.
I didn't think I'd like much on the menu as I don't like peppers or chillis but there was loads to choose from and the desserts (although I didn't have one) looked to die for! Lots of melted cheese and deep fried stuff so not the place to come if you're dieting, though you can choose rice as a side rather than chips.
Tasty food with swift, but not rushed , service.

• Visited May 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
“The breakfast is really good!”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

My husband had the traditional English breakfast and I had their Mexican breakfast. We both loved our meals. They also have unlimited coffee or tea for 1.95 and that includes specialty coffees. We were very happy with our food and very friendly service. We will be back during our trip,

Visited May 2013
Cumbria
“Very Spicy :)”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Excellent service, fantastic food, things that are spicy are actually spicy! Great atmosphere and lovely cocktails!

Visited April 2013