“football trip”

Campanile Manchester
Ranked #18 of 20 Hotels in Salford

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Lancaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 15, 2014

We stayed in this hotel for 1 night whilst attending a concert in the city centre. We had 2 rooms, one we needed disabled facilities. The overall opinion from all 4 of us was very good. Slight issues for the person in our party with mobility problems-- the room could have been bigger as she struggled with her wheelchair due to too much furniture in the room- but it was not impossible.
The staff were fabulous, the service was excellent and the food was really good- for the price!!
The location was fine- free parking, and we got a taxi to the city centre for under £10.
No complaints from us, the rooms are basic but very clean, thats all we needed.
If you want a top class hotel in the city centre- it will cost you 3 maybe 4 times more.
We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
CampanileMan, General Manager at Campanile Manchester, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Dear Lorraine S,

Thanks for the review, very happy to hear that the staff impressed you & we are working on improving the disabled access to our bedrooms as mentioned in a review below.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon

regards

Southampton
Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

This hotel has a lot of good things going for it - one of the cheapest in central Manchester and overall better than its equivalent rivals. The room was basic but clean and, although near a main road, it was quiet. Staff were very friendly and helpful especially when dealing with an issue we had (see below). Breakfast (continental) was very good for £6 - cooked breakfast available for a bit extra. And free, secure parking, which is hard to come by in the city.

There were some downsides - it is a bit out of the city centre so, while it was okay on this occasion as I was travelling with a friend who has a disabled parking badge (all road bays in the city are free for 3 hours + some double yellows), I probably wouldn't choose it if I needed to walk anywhere. Although clean the hotel does need a spruce up as it's looking a bit tired. I couldn't tell if the marks on the bathroom tiles were part of the design or just a bit grubby - a bit of both I think.

The biggest issue we had was that the room was advertised as disabled friendly but unfortunately there were a couple of big problems with this. Firstly the two disabled rooms in the hotel are at the very far end of the corridor so my friend had to walk further. At night double doors along the corridor are closed and these are awkward and heavy to open - no good for wheelchair users. When I booked I made it clear that my friend needed a walk in shower but when we arrived this was no an option as all rooms have baths with showers over them. In the disabled room these are half baths with a built in seat but the problem was getting in and out. There were not enough handrails - an extra vertical one is needed in front of the taps. My friend did try and use the bath on the first morning with my help but it was a real struggle getting out and at one point I thought we might need to call for help. Suffice to say she didn't try again and was left having to have a wash at the sink.

In other hotels we have stayed in the disabled room always has a walk in shower/wert room and this is absolutely essential for someone with mobility problems. If a person had a wheelchair they would not be able to stay at the campanile. I would suggest that the hotel company considers renovating their bathrooms and putting a wet room in. Until they do this I feel they should not be advertising these rooms as having disabled access.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Hilaryjoyh,

Thanks for taking the time to review the hotel after your trip, I am glad to hear that several aspects of your stay were pleasant. I have as a result of your feedback requested our propery maintenance contractors add in extra hand rails (these should be installed in the next few weeks)

I understand the frustration arisen from the bathroom not being a wet room and have passed these comments to our property division.

Many thanks for your comments as they have enabled future guests to enjoy are more comfortable stay.

regards

Reviewed April 9, 2014

We stayed at the campanile hotel for two nights as we had bought justin timberlake tickets at the MEN arena( phones 4 u). Location was good just outside the city centre but was only a ten min walk away. Also a short taxi journey to the arena. There is also a KFC and macdonalds accross the road so that was a bonus!! We paid 40 a night which was quite cheap as other similar hotels were More expensive. Hotel was clean staff were friendly and the hotel had ample parking which was also gated at night. This is not the Hilton but a good option for anybody wanting to pay budget prices for a couple of nights.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Jaseuk1983
Dear Jaseuk1983,

Thank you for completing a review on our Hotel, I hope you enjoyed the concert and am glad to hear that the free secure parking was useful for your trip.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

ireland
Reviewed March 31, 2014

my wife and I stayed here for two nights as part of a trip to manchester for a football match and for that it was fine. the location is good with easy access to city center and old trafford by foot.The room we stayed in was very small and cramped, facilities in the room were poor, kettle didnt work properly only two towels neither of which could be considered as bath towels and as we were there for two nights we had to use wet towels on the second day and on the morning we checked out as there was no way to dry them. the room was however clean the bed was comfortable and warm and we had no issues with noise despite it being busy,, the bar was fine and drink prices good, the
breakfast on the sat morn was chaotic no clean tables. there was a shortage of everything kept running out of cutlery, bowels. mugs bread in fact it was just a mess didnt get breakfast i ordered but the food itself was ok. on the sunday we came down earlier and it was a lot better if you just want somewhere to get your head down for a night or two you could do worse and i would stay again

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Comward,

Thanks for the review, thank you for saying you would stay again although I understand there were aspects of your stay that you were unhappy with, I will endeavor to ensure these are remedied in time for your next visit.

Sevenoaks, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 22, 2014

I was disappointed
I had stayed at a Campanile in Birmingham with a friend and it was fine. When I had to book a hotel for a business trip, thought this would be OK.
I arrived and had to stand at reception for some time waiting for a member of staff to spot me as they were all serving at the adjoining bar. The bar was very full and noisy. When someone did see me I was given my key and my room number stated out loud in earshot of the bar. I was quite shocked by this. I have stayed in a lot of hotels on business and have always had my room number written down for security as a single woman travelling alone.
The key was virtually thrown at me and I was given no information about breakfast or meals, just told where my room was and left standing.
I really did not fancy going into the bar for food and so ended up visiting the neighbouring Sainsburys for food.
When I got to the room, there were what looked like blood splashes on the bathroom wall. At that point I decided to cancel my second night.I slept with a chair against the door as I felt quite unsafe
My company rep complained and got a refund.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Germslayer,

Thank you for the review, I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us & as you have mentioned I spoke to a colleague and happily refunded the stay for you.

Thanks to your feedback we completed refresher training for the reception team regarding checking in female guests.

Craig H

Travelers are raving about these Salford hotels

Greenhithe, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 22, 2014

i decided to stay here as it was a good cheap deal. The staff were very helpful and the hotel was nice enough for the price with wifi included in the room price. Add the breakfast with your booking its a bargain.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Good Afternoon xxamukxx,

Thank you for the review, I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Thanks for the feedback.

Craig H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salford
ibis budget Manchester Salford Quays
Premier Inn Manchester Salford Central Hotel
Holiday Inn Manchester-West
Travelodge Manchester Salford Quays
Premier Inn Manchester Salford Quays Hotel
Hotel ibis budget Manchester Centre Pollard Street

Been to Campanile Manchester? Share your experiences!