“Nice hotel and location would recommend”

Campanile Manchester
Ranked #18 of 20 Hotels in Salford
Reviewed March 17, 2011

Checked in earlier than stated which was great as I wanted to drop my bags off and head back out. Room was better than expected. Nice location with a retail park over the road. Would stay again. Staff were lovely.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo

Reviewed February 25, 2011

I stayed at this hotel room number 210 for the night of 11 and 12 jan 2011. I was bitten by bed bugs. I even caught 2 of them alive on my pillow at 4 am. I could not sleep after that. I told the staff the next morning when I checked out and gave the bugs to the staff. A female staff then told her manager and he said that it is impossible. He said he got the pest control at the hotel. and He said he would investigate. He asked my contact details but nothing has arrived even an apology.

BEWARE of the bed bugs in this hotel !!! HORRIBLE.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 20, 2011

All in all a hotel that does what you need, sleep and eat after going to football or experiencing the good manchester nightlife.

If you want immaculate rooms and lovely looking lobbies then you'd book the Hilton, but on a budget and for what you get it's on the money.

Rooms are standard it's dated but easy to get too, it has a nice bar and restaurant not far from Old Trafford and the Deansgate area.

In summary it's exactly what I needed cheap bed and breakfast.

• Stayed: February 2011
Reviewed February 9, 2011

I have been imvited to bring some robots to enter a competition in the Gadget Show in the museum of science and technology of manchester so i choosed a cheap and close hotel. It'se prety good for a 2 star hotel, everyone is pleasent and do everything to help.
The internet failed twice but the problem was solved in 15 minutes.
The breakfast is normal continental.

• Stayed: February 2011
Reviewed January 25, 2011

Stayed for two nights. Ate in the restauraunt one evening which was adequate. Reception staff were quick and very helpful. However, As we were leaving the hotel at 8.45 am, we begun to move some of our stuff into our car. One member of the cleaning staff ran across the car park to give me my handbag. I pointed out that we had not handed in our key and still have more stuff in the room! I mean, breakfast was still not over and they were trying to rush you away to clean the rooms. I noticed that he did not run over with my box of chocolates or expensive shower gel.... NOT IMPRESSED.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed December 15, 2010

For the money this is a pretty shabby hotel. The room looked like it was last decorated in the 1970s. I didn't arrive till 11.30pm due to very bad snow in Scotland and the usual British habit of closing the bar at 11pm even to residents prevails here (what happened to the relaxed licensing laws). The staff were fine and the breakfast was okay. The biggest problem was the only entrance, via the big electric sliding car park gate. People were coming and going all night and when the gate opened and closed, I was wakened by the howling screech of the gate. It tells me all I need to know about how interested the hotel management are in the welfare of the customers when nobody sees this as a problem that needs fixed right away. Unfortunately, I was at a seminar the next day and struggled due to lack of sleep. A hotel that is too noisy to sleep? What's the point.
Never again at the Campanile, Glasgow.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed December 8, 2010

We have returned home from staying in Manchester for 2 nights. we had tickets to the Manchester Utd game, The only good thing i can say about the Campanile is the free parking. The room was quite shabby and rundown. The hotel reception staff did not seem to know the basics about the area, we asked about getting a bus into town and she did not seem to know where the bus went from, which i think is quite basic info about the local area. The breakfast was quite bland, we did book for breakfast for both nights but after the first night we asked for a refund and had breakfast over the road in Sainsburys for day 2. The walk to the tram took about 15 mins but this was along a very busy road. The bus service to the Trafford Centre and Old Trafford was quite good and the daily bus ticket was very good value for money. If i ever go to Manchester again i would not stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple