“Will be returning”

Ranked #17 of 20 Hotels in Salford
London, United Kingdom
“Will be returning”
Reviewed March 19, 2014

I stayed at the Copthorne hotel initially for the location, as I was attending the united match with my friends. Up on arrival I was greeted warmly by the receptionists who I must say we're very helpful. The bar staff were exceptional considering the amount of pressure they was under from the endless queue. The food was slow coming out but that was due to the amount of people in the restaurant and bar area. Coming back after the match we returned to the bar where there barman who if I recall correctly was called Jordan where he was alone on a very busy bar but did well to keep it going and fast with great service. The beds could do with being a little bit softer but after a few drinks and a good result they were perfect. Will definitely be using this hotel in the future, very friendly staff and exellent service.

• Stayed March 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (366)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Stayed here because I was going to a match at old Trafford and the location was great. The bed was a bit hard but I slept ok all the same. The room and the whole place was kept clean so no complaints there. Had breakfast in the hotel and it was very nice. The one thing that stood out for me was how helpful and friendly the staff were, from the two girls at reception to the staff in the restaurant at breakfast and the bar staff. Well done, will definatly be back.

• Stayed March 2014
Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 17, 2014

My son and I have stayed here before, mainly due to its close proximity to Old Trafford. I have two negative on this, the first was scarcely the fault of the hotel - Manchester United lost! The other was that for the second time we were booked in to a double room although the booking specified twin. A double is not appropriate for my adult son and me. Each time the hotel changed us to a twin, but there was a delay in our room being ready. Other than that everything was fine and the breakfasts were excellent.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 16, 2014

On entering the hotel I was greeted warmly by the girl on reception, who was extremely helpful. The room itself overlooked the quays with a wonderful bay window and was spacious and clean. Very handy for Manchester city centre and has a generous amount of parking facilities.

Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 15, 2014

We enjoyed our stay in this comfortable well located hotel. The room was very good and the choice at breakfast was very comprehensive. The view over the dock was nice and the goose who stood outside waiting for his breakfast amusing.The staff were very helpfull and the tram just round the corner. We will stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Randers, Denmark
Reviewed March 10, 2014

My friend and I stayed at the hotel over a weekend and it was very nice. Clean, good beds and a good shower. Access from hotel to city centre is very easy with the tram and takes only 15 minutes. Furthermore you can walk to both Old Trafford, The Lowry and enjoy the nice surroundings at Salford Quays. With the good price we were very satisfied with our stay.

3 Thank Annefab
Luton, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

My husband booked this for him and I. And we expected for a 4* that it would be quite decent! However apart from the nice entrance everything else was appalling. Firstly my card got declined and they looked at me as if I had no funds when in fact it was their machine not working (as I tried my card elsewhere and it was fine!). Then when we got to our room we found we were in a twin room instead of a double as we had booked! My husband requested for a change and they said they were fully booked and we may be able to change the next day! The bathroom was standard, even a 3* has better! And it had a distinct smell. The mattress was so hard that I didn't sleep very well that night at all. The next day we were given an upgrade to a double room. We were so excited and hoping the experience would improve there! However when we got there the toilet had a plop of poo in it and it was smeared round the toilet! It was sickening! There was a distinct urine smell in the bathroom, clearly not cleaned very well! We didn't want to complain so we stayed there! The mattress was much better though!

Would I stay there again? No!
Would I recommend it? No!

The only good thing was the location, I will be looking for something closely there but never there! Awful experience. It was a good thing we didn't stay in the hotel much as it would have put a downer on our weekend away!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Salma123456

Travelers are raving about these Salford hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Salford
ibis budget Manchester Salford Quays
Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays
Premier Inn Manchester Salford Quays Hotel
AC Hotel Manchester Salford Quays
Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK
Hotel Football Old Trafford

Been to Copthorne Hotel Manchester? Share your experiences!