“Never again”

Ranked #19 of 20 Hotels in Salford
County Durham, United Kingdom
“Never again”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

The only good thing for me was the location. To say it is tired is a under statement. The cleanliness of the bathroom leaves a lot to be desired and little attracts you to the sleeping area. Would not recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank cttrl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Value for money. Service was excellent. Owner of hotel was very kind. We were served vegeterian breakfast.
Rooms were bit small but cleaned and cookies were free in the room. Easy connectivity by bus and tram. Overall we liked the staff and service.
Thanks

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Gaurakmr
Bradford
Reviewed February 2, 2014

The hotel is dated & creepy. The corridoors are dark & cold & the room was even worse. The water was barely warm after running the tap forever. The shower was awful. There was a gap in the window so the room was like a wind tunnel. Absolutely freezing cold. We had to sleep 3 in a bed fully clothed with jackets on. We didn't dare risk having the breakfast in the morning. The man on the desk was very polite but didn't seem like he was passionate about his job. Never stayed somewhere so awful. Wouldn't reccomend it. Paid £65 for the room but in my opinion it should have been £25 maximum.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Liddy89

Travelers are raving about these Salford hotels

Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 19, 2013

I booked the Beaucliffe as my boyfriend was visiting Trafford FC with Blyth Spartans and we decided to make a weekend of it. I called at around 11 on the day of arrival to say I would be arriving to check in around 4, as I was shopping in the nearby Trafford Centre. When I arrived, the gentleman on the door was kind and polite, and told me of a few places to eat nearby. I noticed that the whole place looked rather dated but as I don't mind that in places I found it quite pleasing. I was given the key to Room 14, it was very basic, and again dated but figured for one night it would more than meet our needs.
iIt was clear that the whole place was in need of a little TLC, there were lights in our room that didn't work, and rather than watch TV with the big light on, we had to opt for turning the toilet light on and having the door open, not very pleasant.
The bed was unfortunately, the most uncomfortable bed we have ever slept in, I think we must have managed about 2 hours of sleep at most as both of us were tossing and turning in an attempt to find comfort. The shower was either too hot, or too cold and as my boyfriend tried it first, I decided not to bother and figured I'd get one on our return home.
Breakfast was a slightly better affair, although the room we were in was a little chilly, there was a selection of cereals with a little bit of fruit and tea and coffee.
A lady came round to take our main breakfast orders, my boyfriend had bacon, sausage, egg and toast and I had a toasted bacon sandwich. Food was decent and arrived promptly, there could have been a bit more if I'm honest. Overall, while the staff were more than friendly, the bed was the biggest let down along with the lack of light. I wouldn't agree with the £55 charge for the room, I would say it was worth more £25-35 for the level of discomfort we had to endure.

Room Tip: If you're staying more than one night, I would suggest finding a different hotel I'm afraid.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Kent
Reviewed September 19, 2013

We booked for 3 adults for an overnight stay on Friday 13th Sept as we were going to Old Trafford the next day to watch the mighty Crystal Palace. The cost for three adults for B7B one night was £66
We arrived at 10-30pm to a friendly welcome and the last car parking space.
We were given a key to a family room on the first floor overlooking the car park.
The room although small was tidy, had a TV that worked, a very small bathroom and tea/coffee making.
When the bathroom door was opened the airlock made the shower door rattle loud enough to wake a sleeper up!. The plumbing also made a rather loud noise.
The single bed was clean but the mattress sloped to one side making me think I was about to tumble out of bed a number of times.
Next morning we went to breakfast to be greeted by a football themed bar which led to the dining room.
Breakfast was full English and there was also a choice of cereal as well as unlimited fruit juice and tea/coffee. The breakfast left a lot to be desired, the sausage was probably the worst I've ever seen !!
Overall, just about value for money.

Room Tip: We looked over the car park, which I thought was good seeing as we were in Manchester !!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I wish my wife had read this site bfefore booking the place for a one night stay.

We had a family room on the top floor, staying on one of the hottest day of July. We arrived late to find the room had been closed up all day and was like a furnace. No attempt by staff to have opened the window before hand. The room was the most disgusting place I have ever stayed and I have stayed in some real dumps. The 1970's floral pattern carpet can no longer hide the stains. I hate to think when the room was last cleaned. The bathroom floor had hair, dirt etc on it.

Sleep was imposisble due to the busy road outside. The bed was as hard as concrete and all night I was scratching. In the morning I found several insect shaped things on the sheet. In fact I contemplated sleeping in the car because the room was so horrible.

I cant imagine the upper floors have been decorated for 25 years plus.

In the morning I avoided any cooked food because I hate to think what the kitchen must be like if the corridors, rooms and bathrooms are so dirty. I feel embarrassed now to have criticised other hotels that I have stayed in recently just because their wifi hadnt worked.

The only good thing about the place is that the staff were friendly. Honestly there is nothingelse good to say. You almost have to stay there for a night to believe just how horrible a place it is.

Its cheap because its horrible.

Room Tip: Dont choose any, pay a little more and stay in the Ibis
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank S B
Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 7, 2013

This has to be the grottiest B + B I have ever stayed in. Smelly, dirty and delapidated! Would have been better looking at a Premier Inn. Walls were paper thin and garden in the car park had a "meadow feel" to it but I guess it was more likely it had just not been cut!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends