This is the second HI Express I have frequented in the last month (see review of Kettering). It ranks behind the former, but only just. Consistent standards make this group easy to use and the location of this establishment gives it added attraction. The Quays is on the river and offers a broad range of eating and entertainment options, without being so close as to experience the hustle, bustle and noise that usually accompanies those advantages. It is also a short cab ride from the Piccadilly train station that serves airport commuters. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The bathroom up to standard with good-sized towels and the breakfast is great. I found the staff efficient more than friendly and repeat my dislike of liquid soap dispensers in favour of a solid piece of soap.
There were two glitches of maintenance - a bin whose foot pedal did not open the lid and an ice machine near reception that was out of service, but the ice problem was accommodated with supplies from the bar and I was only there one night so left the bin issue behind on the comment card. As with all the HIE hotels, free WiFi is available throughout.
Convenient and good value are enough reasons to go back. Next time I'm in Manchester, I probably will.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Holiday Inn Express Manchester Salford Quays. This Manchester hotel is located in thriving Salford Quays, surrounded by the water & history of the Manchester Ship Canal & within 1 mile of Manchester United Football Club (Old Trafford), the Lowry Theatre & the Imperial War Museum. This superb location ensures that Holiday Inn Express Manchester Salford Quays is the perfect choice whether travelling on business or pleasure. Manchester city centre is easily accessible and offers a wealth of entertainment venues and shopping including the MEN Arena and Printworks. Our hotel in Manchester is designed to provide consistent value for money & our rates are inclusive of a tasty continental and hot breakfast which is served in the comfort of our Great Room lounge where you can also enjoy free WiFi. In addition, guests also benefit from secure car parking (£4.00 per night/per car). Our air conditioned guestrooms feature an en suite power shower, 32-inch TVs with Freeview, free Wi-Fi, & tea/coffee facilities. Our family rooms can accommodate up to 2 adults & 2 children under 12. Additional hotel facilities include a fully licensed bar, meeting facilities & a 24-hour Reception. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, IHG, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays Hotel Manchester
- Holiday Inn Manchester
- Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays Greater Manchester