Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays
$78
$72
$57
$52
Novotel Manchester West(Worsley)(Great Value!)
$67
$81
$72
$65
1,135 results
All reviewsold traffordbeansmedia cityhi expressthe sofa bedfree breakfastcity centreice machinethe lowry outlet mallself serviceshort walktram stopcar parkthe imperial war museumman utdhotel is in a great locationyogurt
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 5, 2014

I stayed in this hotel recently to watch a home game at Old trafford. The hotel is basic but is very comfortable considering the price was only £167 for 2 nights B&B. The rooms are clean, bed is comfortable and the breakfast , although basic is ample. The staff are very helpful and polite and made check in easy even though i was early to check in. The hotel is situated within easy walking distance of Manchester Uniteds ground which is across the footbridge over the famous Manchester dhip canal. It is also very close to Media City, home of BBC and ITV studios, The Lowry Theatre and also the Lowry shopping centre. Transport from Piccadilly station to the hotel is just a matter of getting on one of the trams and Salford Quays stop is approximately 150=200 mtrs from the hotel. I have stayed at the hotel on 2 occasions now and have no problem in recommending it.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jonjosar
DGM_Salford, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I’m pleased you enjoyed your stays and you were happy with the price. Every rate at Holiday Inn Express is inclusive of a Continental breakfast (with 3 hot items) and Wi-Fi.

I hope to see you again at the start of the new football season.

Kind Regards,

Tom
Deputy General Manager

Reviewed May 4, 2014

As I often travel alone safety is important to me and I am pleased to report I felt safe and welcome here.

Its no frills but has an on site bar, accepts deliveries from local takeaways (and even has a stock of menus !) as well as a 'tuck shop'.

Rooms are clean, spacious and have the facilities you need for a comfortable stay.

Check in and out was simple and efficient

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Jane V
GM_Salford, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review.

I am pleased to read that you not only found our hotel to be good value, but you also found the hotel to be safe and clean.

We are in a fantastic location, being tucked away in Salford Quays and yet only being minutes away from the city centre.

I do hope that if you return to Manchester, we are able to accomodate you once more.

Reviewed May 2, 2014

We had a family room with sofa bed, glad I wasn't sleeping on it, kids didn't seem to mind though, it made the room really tight. When it was put away for space to move around we found carpet had never seen a Hoover and the obvious balls of tin foil? Had been left too. Don't know why but only one plug? This was on the floor behind the sofa bed, This is not good with a family hair dryers, phones, etc the lighting is always bad in these rooms too. Breakfast is basic / bad and hotel is run on little staff .

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Pavenan

Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing with us your feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

I would like to thank you for the points you have raised, as some of this issues you have highlighted show that we failed to meet our usually high standards during your stay and I will personally speak with the depatments in question to ensure that we learn from this and move forward.

Reviewed April 26, 2014

Had a fantastic time here with friends we were attending a concert at the Lowry which is a stones throw just along the canal lovely clean rooms and a very nice bar but my only negative it is a bit pricey on a glass of wine

Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank Dutronomy
GM_Salford, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for reviewing your recent stay with us.

It is always a pleasure to read when guests have an enjoyable stay with us, and I am pleased that you found our location to be ideal for you and your friends.

I do hope that should you return to the Manchester area, you do not hesitate in staying with us again.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

Needed a hotel in a relatively central Manchester location that was clean and quiet. The hotel delivered on all of those requirements. We were in room 201 and the room was clean and ok. The double bed a bit on the small side but other than that the room was perfectly adequate for the price paid. Breakfast was included and was adequate. Reception staff were friendly and helpful. The only issue we had was the maid leaving our door unlocked, luckily nothing was stolen.

Due to the last issue I would think carefully about returning there.

Room Tip: We were in 201 in the corner and people were on the quays quite early, for us it wasn't an issue but if you aren't early risers then you might want to avoid that side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank simmo2013
GM_Salford, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review and for sharing with us your feedback from your recent stay.

I am pleased that you found our hotel to be clean and quiet. We are very lucky to be in such a peaceful setting considering our proximaty to the city centre and Old Trafford.

Having read your review I would also like to assure you that I have personally spoken with the Housekeeping team to reiterate our security policy to ensure that this does not happen again.

I do hope that should you return you would look to stay with us again.