“staff make this hotel”

Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays
Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in Salford
Reviewed February 12, 2014

myself and my mother stayed here recently for a united game ! this is our second time stayin here as we found the hotel percect! perfect location, perfect staff, perfect room, perfect perfect!! i think that front desk lady stephanie deserves a mention as she couldnt do enough to assist us! breakfast staff were frindly and efficient too

Room Tip: try not to get near the lift but that goes withour saying
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
GM_Salford, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Dear Nomadchicklet,

Wow, thank you very much for your review!

I was overjoyed to read that you had a fantastic stay with us, and that you mentioned our staff, in particular Stephanie. I will be sure to pass on your feedback to the team, as I know they will be over the moon with your feedback.

I look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays

Reviewed February 8, 2014

No restaurant so had to buy an overpriced sandwich from snack area. Take away menus available but a lot when staying alone. No bath in room only shower which is a massive disappointment for me. Very comfortable bed though and got a decent nights sleep. Staff friendly. Expensive for what you get!

Room Tip: All the same apparently
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank KDZ
GM_Salford, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2014

Dear KDZ,

Thank you very much for reviewing your recent stay, and sharing with us your thoughts.

Unfortunately we do not have a restaurant on site, as there are numerous restaurants within a short walk from the hotel, and therefore unfortunately there has always been a lack of demand to offer this facility. We have however managed to put agreements in place with several local restaurants who offer our residents between 10-20% off their food bills.

I am pleased that you found our beds to be comfortable and the staff to be friendly, and I will certainly share your feedback with the rest of the team.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

We stayed here for one (Friday) night in January to attend the Lowry Theatre. It is the nearest hotel to the Lowry Theatre, just across a bridge over the quays and through the shopping mall.
On check-in, the receptionist was very helpful and friendly. The room was very nice, clean and roomy. There was a double bed, settee, desk/dressing table, kettle etc. I could complain that there was not enough tea bags/coffee/milk but I always take extra with me!
I had requested a waterfront view which we got. Our room was at the end of the corridor away from the lift so was nice and quiet also.
Breakfast was a little disappointing. The hot selection was sausage, baked beans and rubbery scrambled eggs. The fresh fruit platter consisted of one lonely Satsuma. It was never replenished while we were there. There were however, plenty of alternatives to fill up on: bread rolls, croissants, toast, yoghurts. I know you get what you pay for but in my opinion, a cooked breakfast is NOT complete without bacon!!
Having said that, we would stay again, the hotel was well placed, well priced and fairly easy to find even though the sat nav took us to an office block at the other side of the quays. Luckily I had a rough idea of where it was so managed to find it.
There was plenty of parking outside, £3 for over 24 hours. We asked the following day if we needed to move the car after we checked out but were able to leave it there while we went off to explore the Imperial War Museum North and Media City.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Nicola D
GM_Salford, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2014

Dear Nicola D,

Thank you very much for sharing with us the experience you had during your recent stay.

I was pleased to read, that you found our location to be perfect for your weekend away at the Lowry Theatre, and that you also highlighted the friendliness of our staff.

I was disappointed to read of your breakfast experience, and I will of course raise the points that you have brought up with the team, to ensure that items such as the fruit are replensihed quickly, and that the hot items stay fresh.

I do hope that should you come back to the area, we are able to serve you once again.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

My father and I stayed here for one night while on business in Manchester. Firstly the hotel is conveniently located in Salford Quays and close to some nice restaurants and the Imperial War Museum.

The check in staff were uber efficient and very friendly. The rooms were of a high standard, very clean and kitted out with all sorts of tech.

The bed was comfortable and I had a great sleep. However the noise at the car park part of hotel was really loud in the early morning. Bin lorries, other annoying things to wake you up. Room was also very warm and I had to keep adjusting aircon.

Breakfast was pretty good, with a nice range of hot and cold food, yogurts, fruits and cereals. Tea, coffee and OJ also very good.

Overall a very comfortable stay and great value for money.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
GM_Salford, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Dear Kinlay F,

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to see that you highlighted the friendliness of our staff and our breakfast. I will pass this on to the rest of the team, as they always appreciate feedback from our guests.

I do hope that should you come back to the area, we are able to serve you once more.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

I'd been booked into the Holiday Inn Express as it was convenient to Media City where I had spent the day.

The hotel was clean and comfortable. Room was good - air-con was a bit noisy though (managed to find the 'Off' button).

Free Wifi was very good

Nice breakfast the following morning with a selection of hot and cold items.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
GM_Salford, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

Dear Paul E

Thank you very much for sharing with us your feedback from your recent stay with us.

It is always a pleasure to be able to share such positive feedback with the rest of the team.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

Only stayed here for one night whilst on location for work. It's a great hotel for a great price. You're only a short walk from the tram stop or Media City.
Rooms were small however clean and fine for sleeping in.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
GM_Salford, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Dear Smclewis

I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I will certainly share your feedback with the team, as I know they take delight in receiving feedback from our guests.

I do hope that should you return to the Salford area, you do not hesitate in staying with us again.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

This hotel is ideally situated for the Lowry Theatre (8 minutes walk) and the Outlet shopping centre opposite the theatre. There are a number of bars and restaurants on the Quay.
On site parking is £3, payable at reception and valid until midnight the following day. The reception staff were welcoming, helpful and friendly. We found an excellent advance rate for our double room and were pleased to find it clean, warm and comfortable. There was a choice of pillows on the bed, firm or soft which was a nice touch. The mattress was rather too firm for us but would suit some people. The bathroom was spotless and equipped with soap and shampoo from a dispenser. The air conditioner/heater is operated via a wall mounted control. I would have given this hotel five stars except - as with many corporate hotels (why IS this!) - there is no mirror above the dressing table and only one socket there, which is already in use for the kettle. It makes getting ready to go out very awkward. However there is a full length mirror which is a plus. There is a bar within the hotel which was very welcome after our evening at the Lowry. Breakfast, which was included in the rate, was very acceptable with a choice of either continental or cooked (sausages, beans and scrambled eggs). Free newspapers are available on reception.
All in all this was a very pleasant stay and it would always be our choice of hotel when visiting Salford.

Room Tip: Our top floor, end of corridor room was extremely quiet and peaceful.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
GM_Salford, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Dear Critchen,

Thank you so much for your indepth review of your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and I will personally share your feedback with the rest of the team.

I hope that should you come to the Manchester area again, we are able to accomodate you once again.

David

Also consider these accommodations in or near Salford
Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK
ibis budget Manchester Salford Quays
Travelodge Manchester Salford Quays
Hotel Football Old Trafford
AC Hotel Manchester Salford Quays
Copthorne Hotel Manchester

Been to Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays? Share your experiences!