“Good location & good rooms”

Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays
Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in Salford
Reviewed November 28, 2013

Stayed here as part of a small group and we had rooms on the 5th floor. On arriving I was delighted to be able to park so easily as this is not always case in City hotels. The next bit of good news was the Reception Desk where the young lady was pleasant, efficient and with a smile on her face really made you feel welcome. The room was spotless and well appointed with a view over the Manchester Ship Canal.

We had drinks in the bar and the service was OK. Checkout was painless and quick. There are restaurants nearby and it is a pleasant place to walk around first thing in the morning.

I do not eat a cooked breakfast and was quite happy with croissants, cheese and coffee. The only adverse comment I heard about the cooked breakfast was "No Bacon"

All in all a good stay and will stay again next time I am in Manchester.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays

Reviewed November 25, 2013

I stayed on 1 November and had a pleasant stay apart from expedia not booking us a room with a sofa bed so fortunately the hotel had a room for 4 so could accommodate on this occasion. Clean and functional and short walk to media city, the lowry and restaurants. The big problem now is that a number of weeks later I received a fine from a parking eye re parking there without paying. I really don't remember if I was asked to pay the £3 or not but I am sure if I had when I checked in I would have paid it. For this I have downgraded my score as its frustrating.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank brickbaby
GM_Salford, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Dear Brickbaby,

Thank you for sharing with us your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express Manchester Salford Quays.

I’m sorry to read that you had issues on check-in regarding the room setup, however I’m pleased that the team were able to rectify this issue and you highlighted the cleanliness of the room.

With regards to Car parking at the hotel, we do advertise parking charges on all our websites, to ensure that the guests are aware of this, when making they’re bookings, and we do also have numerous signs around the car park and on the reception desk and at the bar, asking all residents to register their cars to avoid car parking fines, and I will send you a private message so that we can investigate your car parking fine further.

Many Thanks

David

Reviewed November 16, 2013

This was my first experience of a Holiday Inn Express after staying in many similar range/type hotels and to be honest, I was left a little disappointed.
The room comfort, cleanliness and sleep quality was excellent - no arguments there. Our room on the 4th floor had a view of Old Trafford and the Quays. We slept well, with the window open until inconsiderate noisy guest's, on the car park woke us. With the window closed, we never heard another sound.
Check in was a little slow, but not the fault of the Receptionist's, it seemed to be the system that was slow.
It was little things that let this hotel down - poor quality cutlery at breakfast like a works canteen, the cheapest toilet paper in bathroom, UHT milk that curdled when added to tea. And then 'complementary' breakfast? I don't call it 'complimentary' when I've paid £110 for the room for the night and an extra £3 for the car park? Breakfast - just not for me! The usual cold selection plus a hot choice of scrambled egg, beans and sausage - and only average.
Good location, decent sleep quality - just a few tweaks and the whole experience could have been so much better and worth the price we paid!

Dear LadyG0lfer,

I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express Manchester Salford Quays.

I was disappointed to read about the comments which you raised and I would like to thank you for raising providing us with your feedback, and will certainly look into these matters further.

I was pleased to read that you found your room to be both clean and comfortable and I hope that should you return to the Manchester area, you do not hesitate in staying with us again.

Many Thanks

David

Reviewed November 14, 2013

Stayed here on Monday.clean,modern and friendly.and very well located for the tv studios, which was the reason for our trip,as my step father was filming for countdown again.the hotel is next to the Lowry shopping outlet which was very nice.would definitely use and recommend this hotel :)

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 14, 2013

For the price and location you can't really complain, but, since our last visit, the quality of the scrambled egg available at breakfast has deteriorated from pleasantly moist and mobile to dry and solid. They also need to look at the juice machine, as the liquid coming out of it was undrinkable. However, all staff we encountered - front desk, breakfast team & room maids - were more than helpful, friendly and polite.
I also had one of the best sleeps I have ever experienced in a Holiday Inn Express - excellent mattress and comfortable sheets.
Will no doubt return, and hope breakfast quality has improved.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

If you've ever been to a Holiday Inn Express before - you'll know exactly what to expect here! As much scrambled egg and sausage as you can stomach and a delightfully clean en-suite room to boot. We used it mainly as a base to visit the Old Trafford Museum, as well as the Lowry and Velodrome for the Track Cycling World Cup.

Reception staff were always helpful and polite. Bar tariff reasonable for a hotel!

Tip: Make sure you check the Metrolink before you go - we didn't and there was engineering works all weekend so we had to work around that!

Reviewed November 13, 2013

We recently stayed at this Holiday Inn for one night with my U.S. in-laws whom we had brought over to get a taste of the atmosphere at Old Trafford.

The only hiccup was when we arrived at 8 am after having taken the overnight ferry from Belfast to Liverpool and had to wait over five hours before we could check in. I completely understand that check-in is not normally until 2pm but I had called the hotel beforehand and they had promised they would do their best to accommodate us and hopefully provide us with at least one room so we could all take a shower and get a little bit of rest after spending the night on a rough ferry crossing. In the event, no room appeared to be available until after 1 pm.

In the hotel's defence, however, I must state that staff tried to be as accommodating as possible allowing us to help ourselves at the breakfast buffet and providing us with a free Wifi password while we were waiting. Once we got our room keys we were delighted to find that we had been put into adjacent rooms on the top floor with lovely views of Old Trafford. The rooms were perfectly adequate and clean and once we had had the badly craved shower, life was a better place again! We did not hear any other guests during our stay and got a good night's sleep.

The hotel is in a great location and in walking distance to the Lowry theatre, outlet mall, Media City and, of course, the "Theatre of Dreams"! The breakfast buffet was fine and well stocked. When checking out the next day, I wanted to pay for our parking space but was told that the fee would be waived as we had been so patient waiting for our rooms when we arrived. The gesture was appreciated and I would certainly consider staying at this hotel again when making our next match trip.

Room Tip: Even-numbered rooms look out onto Old Trafford, odd ones look over the Quays.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salford
Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK
ibis budget Manchester Salford Quays
Travelodge Manchester Salford Quays
Hotel Football Old Trafford
AC Hotel Manchester Salford Quays
Copthorne Hotel Manchester

Been to Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays? Share your experiences!