“Shabby carpet, curtain, sofa,...”

Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Salford
Reviewed September 14, 2013

A new TV & a fresh coat of paint do not make up for the run-down furnishings, the dust or musky smell. Cannot open the dirty (from outside or in) windows, for fear of a spider invasion. Bed sheets & towels are however clean.

• Stayed: September 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Dear flytosunshine,

Thank you for taking the time to comment regarding your stay. Please accept our apologies that your stay did not meet expectations. We do apologize for the disappointment you experienced with the smell and unacceptable cleanliness of the room you received. Your comments have been forward to the appropriate departments so that any necessary improvements can be made.

Again, thank you for your review and we look forward to exceeding your expectations during your next trip the area.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Write a ReviewReviews (1,110)

Reviewed September 12, 2013

So knowing what I'm normally like after a stay, packing up, going home, intending to write a review only to forget or can't find the time, I thought I'd write it just as I sign off my computer so I don't forget!

The hotel is exactly what it says, clean, tidy, a better class of budget I'd say with a free breakfast. As far as negatives, if I was to be picky, I'd say there was no restaurant but I can't really expect one with it having the 'budget' tag. However, they do have food/drink/snacks available from both the fridge in the lobby and a bar area, and even have a basket of takeaway menu's for you to call in food if need be, so nobody goes hungry.

For a free breakfast, there's not a lot more you could want. They have croissants, fruit, cereal, cheese, and even eggs, sausage and beans. All well stocked, in a clean area, and kept very presentable. Great!

What really stood out for me on this visit was the incredible friendliness of the staff, which gave the hotel a very homely feel, despite you spending the evening with a bunch of strangers while waiting for my takeaway to arrive. Each and every member of staff had a big smile for guests, a 'hello', a 'good morning' etc. Anyone could go to the Lowry or the Copthorne, and expect the same, though I'm not sure it'd be half as genuine as the people who work here.

I couldn't have asked for any more from my stay, should be in Manchester again shortly, and would not hesitate to book in here again, nor recommend that anyone else does. What a pleasure. (apologies about rating the 'non existent restaurant a 5 - I couldn't remove it and can't mark the hotel down!)

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I have stayed here very many times in recent months and years and written favourable reviews. The staff are always polite but I find myself wondering about odd things. The TV remote in my room had had the batteries removed. A fluorescent light starter in the corridor was in that annoying stage when it bangs every time it tries and fails to start. And the banging reverberated into my adjacent room. No one could possibly have walked on that corridor and not noticed. Some litter in the car park. A cracked loo seat cover. Little things (except for the banging light which I dismantled myself as no staff available to fix it) but excessively irritating and unnecessary. Tis the details that make the difference!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank mozart21
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Dear mozart21,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I can assure you that your comfort and satisfaction are of utmost importance to us and for that please accept my sincere apologies if your stay was negatively affected by the overall condition of your room. I appreciate you bringing this matter into our attention as this is our best resource for improving guest satisfaction.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed September 8, 2013

All that we expected from Express by Holiday Inn (we have stayed at a few). Modern, clean, comfortable room with a good bathroom. Reasonably priced and good value for money. The breakfast, which was included, was more than adequate, (although if you wanted full English it was a bit limited). This hotel is within easy walking distance of Old Trafford for the cricket (which is why we stayed there) and Old Trafford (Man Utd). The nearby Lowry Centre has a good choice of restaurants

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
JaneOmahony, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent visit to the Holiday Inn Express - Salford Quays Manchester.

I was pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that the hotel met all of your requirements. The breakfast which we offer is a free breakfast to all of our guests with a selection of hotel items to choose from.

Many thanks for your review.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

A warm welcome and even a check phone to call in my room to check everything OK.

Room smelt a bit of damp dog on opening the door but it soon went away.

Room was just as it should be - clean and modern with comfy beds and nice bathroom.

I was lucky enough to have a waterfront view - not bad.

Chose not to eat in hotel, as Beefeater a 1 minute walk away. Sat in the sun outside watching waterskiers whilst eating my dinner.

The included breakfast is modest but as its hot and included in room price, is great value.

Room Tip: Well, to get the best deal, use trivago to find all the prices, then select hotels.com to make the b...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
JaneOmahony, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following on from your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express - Salford Quays Manchester.

I was pleased to read that you had a good and enjoyable stay with us and that the hotel met your needs.

Many thanks for your comments.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Great hotel in a very handy location...as ever with Holiday Inns it's clean, good value and an ideal base for venturing around The Lowry and media city...if you have a room with a water front view, it all feels quite tranquil. Good parking - yes, you have to pay but...helpful and cheery staff. It's a good base for business or pleasure.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank mulmere

Thank you for your feedback following on from your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Salford Quays - Manchester.

I am pleased that you had a good stay with us and that the hotel and facilities met your needs. It was also nice to read that the staff were helpful and friendly.

Kind regards,

Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night. Hotel is in excellent location for all of the quays attractions. Room was very clean. Only complaint was that the hair dryer wasn't working and they're are no plug points next to the mirror!! Would still stay here again though.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Jemimapuddle10

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback following on from your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Salford Quays - Manchester.

I am glad that you had a good stay with us and that the hotel was of good value to you.

In regards to the hairdryer in the bedroom, there are 2 switches which need to be used and sometimes can be a little confusing use. If you had spoken to the front desk team they would have come to your room to ensure that the switches were correct and the dryer was working correctly for you.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Jane O'Mahony

Also consider these accommodations in or near Salford
ibis budget Manchester Salford Quays
Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK
Premier Inn Manchester Salford Quays Hotel
Travelodge Manchester Salford Quays
Copthorne Hotel Manchester
Hotel Football Old Trafford

Been to Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays? Share your experiences!