“Excellent value, good location and friendly staff”

Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays
Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Salford
Bournemouth
“Excellent value, good location and friendly staff”
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for two nights for a wedding nearby. Our choice was based on location and price - we basically picked the lowest priced offer in the Salford Quays area. We have not stayed at a Holiday In Express before, and were expecting it to be very basic.

We were pleasantly surprised by the waterside location, very reasonable onsite parking and nice view of the quays and waterfront from the rooms. It is within walking distance of The Lowry, and the stroll there is along a historical quayside.

We had also not realised that breakfast was included, which was a good bonus.

It was quiet and comfy, the aircon worked well and was nice & quiet, shower heated up quickly and had a good flow.

The reception staff were very friendly and helpful. We would certainly stay here again for the money (£73 for a double room for 2 nights incl. breakfast) which we thought was good value.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank GeorgiaExplores
JaneOmahony, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent visit to the Holiday Inn Express - Manchester Salford Quays.

It was great to read that you had a good stay with us and that the hotel and facilities met all of your needs and expectations.

If you are visiting Manchester in the near future I hope that you will chose to stay with us again.

Jane O'Mahony

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
Hong Kong
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I booked this hotel through the hospitality package from the official website of Manchester United. I needed to take a tram from the city centre of Manchester to Salford Quays. It takes around 10-15 minutes. The hotel decoration is simple, but you can just get what you need. The room is spacious. It takes around 15 minutes walking from the hotel to Old Trafford Stadium. The area around the hotel is very comfortable and worth take a walk if the weather is good. It's a good choice if you go to Manchester to watch the match of Manchester United.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
JaneOmahony, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you for your recent review following on from your stay at the Holiday Inn Express - Salford Quays Manchester.

I was pleased to read that the hotel met your needs and that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

Carlisle, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 18, 2013

My sisters, Dad & I stayed here for one night in August 2013. It was easy to find (we drove from t'North) with a great car park. Only £3 for 24 hours. All the staff, without exception were friendly. In fact, I'm going to say it was the friendliest hotel I've ever stayed in (& I've been all over the world). The rooms were spotless; yes they are a little dated but so what? They were comfy, well appointed & I liked the hotel shower gel in the little dispenser, it smelled like coconut. Trams run every 10 minutes & the station is only a few minutes walk away; you're in the city in around 5 minutes. Every room has a great view of either the quays or Old Trafford ( best stadium in the world....). There are pubs/bars directly opposite and near the tram station. We ate in the Matchstick Man & it was nice. You can walk to Old Trafford in 15 mins & the Lowery centre in 10 mins. I can recommend both, very interesting & some of Lowery's loveliest work is at the centre, & it's free to get in. The FREE hotel breakfast was great, we all had sausage, egg & beans with lots of tea & toast & it was more than adequate. My sisters & I were highly amused (after a few bevies in the lovely little hotel bar) by the rather depressed sounding lift announcer. "The doors are closing" delivered in a sardonic, almost sarcastic tone was hilarious & reminded us of Holly (the original version) on Red Dwarf.

Room Tip: If you're a Man Utd fan, request a room overlooking the stadium. Rooms overlooking the quays are...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent review following on from your stay at the hotel.

I was pleased to read that you had a good stay with us and that the team were helpful and friendly.

The hotel is located in a great location of the Quays with plenty to do both in the day and evening.

It is always refreshing to read positive feedback so thank you for taking the time.

Whitley Bay, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Having just returned from a 2 night stay with our 2 young sons,i felt the need to compliment all the staff.A lovely young man helped us on check in,even going to the trouble of informing me of what offers I qualified for as an IHG member! Later that same day he was of great help with tram and local information...he was real credit to the hotel. Our room 201 was very clean and although small for a family of 4,met our needs.
There a plenty of restaurants and bars that are very family friendly all within a few minutes walking distance.Media city is a great trip out and only a 10 minute walk away too.
All in all a great value family trip away. Could benefit from a price list for the small snack/drink facility near reception. The free breakfast is an added bonus and offers a pretty good selection.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
JaneOmahony, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express - Manchester Salford Quays.

I was delighted to read that you had a great stay and that the team were helpful, friendly and informative.

It was also good to read that the hotel, facilities and location were ideal for your visit.

If you visit Manchester again I hope that you will choose the Holiday Inn Express.

Many thanks & kind regards,

Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for the OT test match which we were very conveniently located for. Having never been to Salford Quays before it really is a lovely place especially with such nice weather. A very quiet location and priced very well especially with the test match in town.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Samantha_HIEXP, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
I would like to thank you for your recent feedback after your stay at The Holiday Inn Express Salford Quays.

I was pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay and enjoyed the Quays.

On behalf of myself and the team we are glad that you had a good stay and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 3, 2013

I have stayed here a number of times in the past couple of years. My overall impression of this place is that it is a little dated, and that you need to get a good deal for it to be worth the money. Rooms are a little scruffy with basic furniture. The first time I stayed there was an epic stain on the carpet. Breakfast is good. A small choice of hot items, plenty of other bits to fill up on. Perhaps not the highest quality ingredients but certainly edible. Staff very friendly, in particular one lady who attends the dining area at breakfast. She has a big personality and makes you feel very welcome. I probably wouldn't stay again if I had the choice but if it's the only place you can get a room then it's just about acceptable.

Room Tip: Top floor away from the lifts for a quiet night
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent review following on from your stay with us.

I was sorry to read of your disappointing experience with our rooms however I'm glad the breakfast staff made you feel welcome and I will pass on your comments to the team.

Whether we receive positive / negative reviews, we always use this information to improve our service and product.

Bristol
Reviewed August 2, 2013

The hotel is conveniently sited near Old Trafford football and cricket grounds and in the middle of a large 'quays' development. Very nice for a walk. A few restaurants and pubs are nearby but I never tried any of them, they didn't appeal to me. Instead, a drink and a pizza in the hotel was delivered quickly and was not bad.
The reception personnel were very good and assisted well with various questions etc.The room was airy, comfortable and with a good TV. The free Wi-Fi is brilliant.

Room Tip: The higher the better for the view.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

I was pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay and that the reception team were helpful and assisted you during your stay. Since the Wi Fi has gone free throughout the hotel we have had a positive response and i'm glad it met your needs.

On behalf of myself and the team we are glad that you had a good stay and look forward to weloming you back in the future.

Deputy General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salford
Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK
ibis budget Manchester Salford Quays
Travelodge Manchester Salford Quays
AC Hotel Manchester Salford Quays
Hotel Football Old Trafford
Copthorne Hotel Manchester

Been to Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays? Share your experiences!