We stayed here for just one night. This was our first visit to Manchester & to be honest this was much better than I expected. The area has obviously undergone huge investment & improvement over the past few years & is quite impressive.
The hotel is set right next to the water opposite a watersports centre. We stayed on the 6th floor which afforded a good view out over the water. The room was pretty much as you would expect, it was clean, tidy & functional although the bed was a bit small.
The location is quiet yet convenient for most things. It only took about 15-20mins to get here from the M6. The nearest tram stop is about a 5 minute walk & the Lowry outlet mall is also just a short walk away. If you're in Manchester to watch United play this would be a very convenient place to stay as you can see the stadium from the hotel.
We only had breakfast in the hotel which was fine if you get there early. The food selection is pretty good bearing in mind that they only offer a complimentry continental breakfast. The service area is small & can get very congested especially when people are waiting for toast as this leads to queues forming pretty quickly.
All in all this is a clean, tidy & functional hotel in a very convenient location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Manchester Salford Quays hotel. This Manchester hotel is located in thriving Salford Quays, surrounded by the water & history of the Manchester Ship Canal & within 1 mile of Manchester United Football Club (Old Trafford), the Lowry Theatre & the Imperial War Museum. This superb location ensures that Holiday Inn Express Manchester Salford Quays is the perfect choice whether travelling on business or pleasure. Manchester city centre is easily accessible and offers a wealth of entertainment venues and shopping including the MEN Arena and Printworks. Our hotel in Manchester is designed to provide consistent value for money & our rates are inclusive of free continental and hot breakfast which is served in the comfort of our Great Room lounge where you can also enjoy free WiFi. In addition, guests also benefit from secure car parking (local charge applies £4.00 per night/per car). Our newly refurbished, air conditioned guestrooms can accommodate up to 2 adults & 2 children & feature en suite power shower, satellite TV, free Wi-Fi, & tea/coffee facilities. Additional facilities include a fully licensed bar, meeting facilities & a 24-hour reception. Wi-Fi is free. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and IHG so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays Hotel Manchester
- Holiday Inn Manchester
- Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays Greater Manchester