“Great location”

Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays
Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Salford
Reviewed March 15, 2013

This is your standard holiday inn express and didn't let us down. We were on the top floor and there were lovely views over the water. It's close to the outlet shopping centre, media city, restaurants and old trafford. The staff were helpful (provided complimentary shaving kit to my husband when he realised he had forgotten to pack his) and the room was clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: A top floor room gives great views.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
JaneOmahony, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following on from your recent stay.

It was nice to read that you had a pleasant stay with us.

The hotel team strive to provide great customer service and I am glad that we have fulfilled this for you during your stay with us.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Bit of a mix up on arrival when we were told our room had been cancelled! This was booked online using the hotel's chat system. The website doesn't accept debit card payments (please remedy) so used chat system to book. Received confirmation email and thought all was well until arrival. However, we eventually got fixed up with another family room at the same rate as we had booked. Staff overall were very friendly and the hotel was clean and breakfast was good with plenty of choice. Our roomed was a little cramped for three of us although we didn't fold the spare bed up when not in use which would have helped. I would definitely stay here again as it was handy for our football trip to Old Trafford and close to Lowry Centre and War Museum.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
JaneOmahony, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

It was nice to read that you had a pleasant stay with us.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

The hotel was clean,ideally located. The staff very friendly. The room was very clean and tidy with a flat screen t.v. Great value for money with a great buffet breakfast. Would recommend to anybody visiting Manchester.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following on from your recent stay and also the positive feedback which you have given.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

I have stayed here on business and family breaks. The hotel is well run, clean and ideally located for media city, old Trafford, war museum, Lowry centre all within easy walking distance. A bus stop nearby will take you directly to the Trafford centre.
The rooms are great for the rates charged though the breakfast buffet reminded me of a school canteen. but the food is ok and it is an express. Functional bar area and you can buy snack food 24/7 at a vending area.
I found the reception staff helpful, though you will be charged for bag storage after checkout.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank don h

Reviewed March 4, 2013

I booked the Holiday Inn at Salford Quays in preference to other hotel chains after receiving amazing customer service from The Holiday Inn at Saxon Place Milton Keynes.
I have to say the hotel location is excellent,the room was clean and tidy, with an impressive television, but unfortunately everything else about the visit was just mediocre.The staff while pleasant seemed too busy to engage in anything apart from the job at hand,perhaps I wasn't looking hard enough but I could only find one plug socket in my room,so no boiling a kettle, while waiting for my hair straighteners to warm up.
On reading the other reviews I noticed breakfast has been mentioned, this was another thing that let the side down. I appreciate it must be hard to please everyone, but the cooked option was very limited and not that warm either, there was no orange juice available as one machine was not working and the other machine only had Apple Juice or Water, there was a queue for milk as again only one machine was working. I appreciate that a member of staff was keeping the tables clean, but he seemed to have painters trousers on ? (who knows).
I do have a another gripe but I have referenced this in the Customer Questionnaire, and await enquiry.
Would I stay here again , I'd never say never, but next time l think I'll try the Premier Inn on the opposite side of the Quay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
JaneOmahony, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Thank you for your recent feedback following you stay at the hotel.

I was sorry to read that you felt the hotel team did not engage with you. The team pride themselves on great customer service and always endeavour to meet the guest needs and expectations.

Within the bedrooms, two plug sockets are located within the desk area, under the TV shelf together with a phone socket connection. There is also one plug socket located under the window.

The Holiday Inn Express brand do not provide a Full English Breakfast offering but a complimentary continental breakfast with a hot choice of scrambled egg, baked beans and sausage, together with many other branded products to choose from. I am sorry if this did not meet your expectations.

Thank you for your feedback as whether it is positive or negative we use this information to find ways to improve our product and service offered and provided to all of our guests.

if you wish to discuss any further comments please do not hesitate to contact my Deputy General Manager or myself directly at the hotel.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Very friendly staff, clean rooms recently refurbished.
Convenient for many of Manchesters attractions.
In the heart of Media City, handy for Lawry and Lawry retail outlet (walking distance).
Close to Old Trafford, good parking ..all in all very good value.
Would use again and would recommend.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Pleasant staff on arrival accommodated need fir disabled room. I know disabled rooms take a lot of use but this room is tired.

Black curly hair on bed and black dust. Same black dust i kettle which us also full of rust. So been awake since 3 am with no chance of a cuppa. Another night to go. Not cheap @ £152 for 2 nights and not worth it.

Staff r pleasant the location great but room needs tlc.

• Stayed: March 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent visit to the Holiday Inn Express Manchester Salford Quays.

It was nice to read that the team were pleasant offered you good customer service.

in regards to the feed back to your room - whether we recieve positive or negative comments we always act upon them and thank you for providing me with this information.

Jane O'Mahony

Also consider these accommodations in or near Salford
Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK
ibis budget Manchester Salford Quays
Travelodge Manchester Salford Quays
AC Hotel Manchester Salford Quays
Hotel Football Old Trafford
Copthorne Hotel Manchester

Been to Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays? Share your experiences!