I booked the Holiday Inn at Salford Quays in preference to other hotel chains after receiving amazing customer service from The Holiday Inn at Saxon Place Milton Keynes.
I have to say the hotel location is excellent,the room was clean and tidy, with an impressive television, but unfortunately everything else about the visit was just mediocre.The staff while pleasant seemed too busy to engage in anything apart from the job at hand,perhaps I wasn't looking hard enough but I could only find one plug socket in my room,so no boiling a kettle, while waiting for my hair straighteners to warm up.
On reading the other reviews I noticed breakfast has been mentioned, this was another thing that let the side down. I appreciate it must be hard to please everyone, but the cooked option was very limited and not that warm either, there was no orange juice available as one machine was not working and the other machine only had Apple Juice or Water, there was a queue for milk as again only one machine was working. I appreciate that a member of staff was keeping the tables clean, but he seemed to have painters trousers on ? (who knows).
I do have a another gripe but I have referenced this in the Customer Questionnaire, and await enquiry.
Would I stay here again , I'd never say never, but next time l think I'll try the Premier Inn on the opposite side of the Quay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Holiday Inn Express Manchester Salford Quays. This Manchester hotel is located in thriving Salford Quays, surrounded by the water & history of the Manchester Ship Canal & within 1 mile of Manchester United Football Club (Old Trafford), the Lowry Theatre & the Imperial War Museum. This superb location ensures that Holiday Inn Express Manchester Salford Quays is the perfect choice whether travelling on business or pleasure. Manchester city centre is easily accessible and offers a wealth of entertainment venues and shopping including the MEN Arena and Printworks. Our hotel in Manchester is designed to provide consistent value for money & our rates are inclusive of a tasty continental and hot breakfast which is served in the comfort of our Great Room lounge where you can also enjoy free WiFi. In addition, guests also benefit from secure car parking (£4.00 per night/per car). Our air conditioned guestrooms feature an en suite power shower, 32-inch TVs with Freeview, free Wi-Fi, & tea/coffee facilities. Our family rooms can accommodate up to 2 adults & 2 children under 12. Additional hotel facilities include a fully licensed bar, meeting facilities & a 24-hour Reception. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, IHG, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays Hotel Manchester
- Holiday Inn Manchester
- Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays Greater Manchester