“Excellent Location”

Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Salford
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I booked the Holiday Inn at Salford Quays in preference to other hotel chains after receiving amazing customer service from The Holiday Inn at Saxon Place Milton Keynes.
I have to say the hotel location is excellent,the room was clean and tidy, with an impressive television, but unfortunately everything else about the visit was just mediocre.The staff while pleasant seemed too busy to engage in anything apart from the job at hand,perhaps I wasn't looking hard enough but I could only find one plug socket in my room,so no boiling a kettle, while waiting for my hair straighteners to warm up.
On reading the other reviews I noticed breakfast has been mentioned, this was another thing that let the side down. I appreciate it must be hard to please everyone, but the cooked option was very limited and not that warm either, there was no orange juice available as one machine was not working and the other machine only had Apple Juice or Water, there was a queue for milk as again only one machine was working. I appreciate that a member of staff was keeping the tables clean, but he seemed to have painters trousers on ? (who knows).
I do have a another gripe but I have referenced this in the Customer Questionnaire, and await enquiry.
Would I stay here again , I'd never say never, but next time l think I'll try the Premier Inn on the opposite side of the Quay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
JaneOmahony, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Thank you for your recent feedback following you stay at the hotel.

I was sorry to read that you felt the hotel team did not engage with you. The team pride themselves on great customer service and always endeavour to meet the guest needs and expectations.

Within the bedrooms, two plug sockets are located within the desk area, under the TV shelf together with a phone socket connection. There is also one plug socket located under the window.

The Holiday Inn Express brand do not provide a Full English Breakfast offering but a complimentary continental breakfast with a hot choice of scrambled egg, baked beans and sausage, together with many other branded products to choose from. I am sorry if this did not meet your expectations.

Thank you for your feedback as whether it is positive or negative we use this information to find ways to improve our product and service offered and provided to all of our guests.

if you wish to discuss any further comments please do not hesitate to contact my Deputy General Manager or myself directly at the hotel.

Many thanks for your feedback.

Jane O'Mahony

Write a ReviewReviews (1,099)

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Very friendly staff, clean rooms recently refurbished.
Convenient for many of Manchesters attractions.
In the heart of Media City, handy for Lawry and Lawry retail outlet (walking distance).
Close to Old Trafford, good parking ..all in all very good value.
Would use again and would recommend.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following on from your recent stay.

The hotel team strive to provide great customer service and I am glad that we have fulfilled this for you during your stay with us.

Many thanks for your feedback.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Pleasant staff on arrival accommodated need fir disabled room. I know disabled rooms take a lot of use but this room is tired.

Black curly hair on bed and black dust. Same black dust i kettle which us also full of rust. So been awake since 3 am with no chance of a cuppa. Another night to go. Not cheap @ £152 for 2 nights and not worth it.

Staff r pleasant the location great but room needs tlc.

• Stayed: March 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent visit to the Holiday Inn Express Manchester Salford Quays.

It was nice to read that the team were pleasant offered you good customer service.

in regards to the feed back to your room - whether we recieve positive or negative comments we always act upon them and thank you for providing me with this information.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

I've been doing the rounds of numerous hotels in the West Manchester/Salford area over the last few months, and I've finally found the one that will be my first choice in future: The Holiday Inn Express at Salford Quays: it's nicely located overlooking the (old) docks, within walking distance of the Lowry outlet/gallery, and at a stretch Manchester city centre (although there is always the tram if you are not feeling that energetic). Rooms are decent size and have everything necessary for a short stay: good beds, okay aircon (it works well, but is directly straight at the bed so makes for a drafty night if you leave it on), decent shower, tea/coffee etc. Breakfast is included in the room rate and is okay, although the hot selection is limited to beans, scrambled egg and dubious sausages. Car park is a reasonable £3/night. They also seem to have decided that turning all the electrics off automatically when you leave the room is not that good an idea (see the photo).
By why do I say I'll be back? Simple: the TV is a good size and has easily-accessed HDMI sockets which are actually functioning! So I can plug my laptop into it and watch a decent film: so many hotels seem to nobble their TVs' HDMI interfaces of make them impossible to access.
The only real downside to this hotel, and the reason I've not rated it 5*/excellent is the EXORBITANT charge of £15/night for WiFi access in the rooms - thank goodness for wifi tethering on my mobile..

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
JaneOmahony, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Thank you for your review following on from your recent visit to the Holiday Inn Express - Manchester Salford Quays.

It was great to read that you had a great stay with us and that the hotel met your needs.

I am glad that you enjoyed the breakfast, with may top branded items to choose from and a selection of both hot & cold items to suit every taste.

If you are visisting Manchester in the near future I hope that you will come back an visit us at Salford Quays.

Kind regards,

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Had a fab weekend in Salford Quays. Staff athe hotel were extremely accomodating and nothing was too much trouble. Bit of a wait for breakfast but not too bad. would recommend for a short stay as it was easy to get in and out of Manchester city centre on the metro.

Room Tip: We had room 402 which was huge as it was adapted for disabled travellers and looked out towards Old...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
JaneOmahony, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Thank you for your recent review concerning your stay at the Holiday Inn Express Manchester Salford Quays.

I can see from your review that you experience on this occasion met your expectations, and would like to thank you for taking the time to provide your review

Without reviews either positive or negative we are unable to improve our customer service levels to maintain one of the best in the area.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

We stayed here whilst going to the Man U FA cup game. The location was perfect, a beautiful 10 min walk with gorgeous views so couldn't be happier. The room we were given was a wheelchair access room, which we didn't need. My main complaint about the room was when trying to get ready to go out. There was no plug near a mirror so I had to curl my hair whilst looking at the reflection in the tv.. Not the best start to an evening! The sleep was fine, quiet and comfortable, however breakfast was an experience I'd rather forget. We came down at 8.20 only to find a large queue and nowhere to sit. After waiting 20 minutes to serve ourselves, with things constantly running out, we then had to sit in the reception area to eat our food.meanwhile the queue got bigger and was snaking around us whilst trying to eat. Certainly not what I expected for £85. I think the breakfast really lets things down here. I appreciate that at certain times it will be busy but I don't think it was handled well..

• Stayed: February 2013

Thank you for your feedback in regards to the accommodation facilities and your breakfast experiance, although we do inform guests of busy times we are not able to control at what time they actually wish to take breakfast and this can on occassion lead to very busy spells.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Just returned from a 2 night break. I t was my mother in laws 80th birthday, so my 2 daughters and i decided to take her away for a week end. The hotel position was in an excellent position within walking distance of the Lowry centre, Vue cinemas and the Lowry outlet mall. The twin bedrooms were very comfortable. The self service breakfast was perfectly adequate,A bit chaotic at main times but foods were constantly refilled as they ran low. Would stay here again and a bargain for what we paid.

Room Tip: There was a little noise from the lifts going up and down.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends