1,326 results
All reviews media city the marco pierre white restaurant old trafford booths supermarket multi storey city centre bbc studios executive room car park the imperial war museum lowry theatre tram stop parking ticket reduced rate modern hotel business trip stayed here for one night
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is a basic hotel, some strange and garish colour choices, but has some nice touches, eg fruit water in reception, a hairdryer fixed next to a mirror and seating area, so many hotels i find can't manage this.
We chose here for location rather than comfort and some items you would think should be here are missing eg luggage stand, you have to use the chair or desk for a case. On the plus side there is an iron and ironing board.
Otherwise it is clean, comfortable and friendly.
The best asset is the location near to the BBC and the pedestrianised areas around the quays. plenty of restaurants. Parking is in the multi-story next door and not cheap. currently £11 a night but goes up after the 1st 2 nights to £12 a night!

Date of stay: September 2019
Siobhan T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you Celestine E for your feedback which we really appreciate.

Unfortunately as with many hotels we do not own the car park but do have discounted rates. All rooms have a footstool at the end of the bed which is also the luggage rack. I am so pleased you enjoyed the hotel and surrounding area.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Located in a beautiful and quiet spot of Manchester, this hotel is very clean and modern. The room is very spacious and offers amazing views over Manchester. We prefer staying in media city as opposed to the centre of Manchester as it is very quiet at night with amazing views over the quay. The restaurant in the hotel and the restaurant in the area provides everything you need for a nights stay. The tram is a minutes walk away to take you to the centre of Manchester.
It is also only a one minute walk to the BBC tour and Corrie tour and a 10 minute walk to Old Trafford.
Although it can be quite expensive in comparison to other hotels locally, signing up to the reward scheme can give you discounts - so definitely recommend

Will definitely be returning in the future :)

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Siobhan T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear kirsty s,

Thank you very much for such a detailed review of your stay.

I am thrilled you choose to stay with us for our location, room and restaurant. you are correct, being an IHG Rewards Club member does get you discounts, but only if you book direct using the app, website or calling directly.

I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Kind regards

Reviewed September 7, 2019

I needed a place to stay prior to a business meeting. This particular Holiday Inn was perfect! I had an executive room which came with a nice desk area. Large bed and clean bathroom area. It was nice to have a fridge, iron and ironing board handy as well.

I ordered room service which did not disappoint and the prices were reasonable as well. I can't fault it!

The staff were always very pleasant. Just a nice walk over the river and I was where I needed to be the next day as well.

Great stay for a business trip and close the the Man U stadium if you're into that!

• Trip type: Traveled on business

WOW! Thank you so much 401daven, what great feedback. I am so pleased we exceeded your expectations! Hopefully we will see you again soon for another visit!

Kind Regards

Reviewed September 6, 2019 via mobile

Lovely staff, all the staff had a great sense of humour and went above and beyond to provide excellent customer service. Greeted with smiley faces on reception, welcomed at breakfast every morning and excellent bar staff.

The rooms are brilliant, big TV which you can connect your phone to, a desk within the room, gorgeous long windows for a nice view across media city.

Awesome hot breakfast in the morning, nice gym area too which my friends and I frequently used before hitting the town so to speak.

Can't praise this stay highly enough, best weekend stay at a hotel I have ever had in the UK.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Siobhan T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2019

Dear ToeKneeSpoons,

Thank you very much for a fantastic review! I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us. The staff are always delighted to hear such comments at our daily meetings.

I do hope we are able to welcome you and your friends back again soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed September 6, 2019

Excellent location at MediaCityUK. Two min walk to the tram station. Grocery (Booths) is next door. Five min to Lowry outlet center. Room was super clean with nice view. Free high speed wifi. Quite area to stay.

Room tip: Ask for sea view room.
Date of stay: August 2019
Siobhan T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2019

Dear albinjassim,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave some feedback about your recent stay. I am delighted you enjoyed your visit and made the most of the local attractions including the Lowery outlet and Booths.

I do hope you opt to book with us again on your next trip to Manchester.

Kind regards