Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
  • Bar/Lounge
1,196 results
All reviewsmedia citythe marco pierre white restaurantold traffordbooths supermarketcity centremezzanine floormulti storeybbc studiosexecutive roomcar parkthe imperial war museumtram stoplowry theatremini barreduced ratemodern hotelbusiness trip
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 6, 2013

This was a very reasonably priced stay at the Holiday Inn MediaCity. Ideally I had wanted a city centre stay for two nights but the cost was high at almost all hotels, it was cheaper going out to Salford and not too much of an inconvenience as the tram stop is just outside the hotel and it takes about 20 minutes into the centre. MediaCity was quiet at the weekend but hotel was busy although not overly so. The Reception staff were friendly and welcoming, the room was spotlessly clean and the shower great. I love a hotel where I cannot hear other guests to -ing and fro-ing and I didnt hear a soul along the executive corridor (think we must have had an upgrade) at any time during the stay. No complaints at all and would stay again. I wasn't caught out touching anything in the minibar as the reception staff give you a sheet of paper to sign at check-in stating that you will be billed for moving anything in the minibar and that it is not to be used a fridge, so the policy is clear.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Teresa H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2013

Thank You for your recent feedback regarding your stay here with us at the Holiday Inn Manchester-MediaCityUK.

Look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

Have stayed in a couple of hotels in Salford Quays and this is by far the nicest. Extremely clean. Right next the Media City tram stop. Breakfast is what you'd expect. The floor levels are a bit confusing.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Emma T,

Looking forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

I was charged 13 and more pounds by touching the bottles in minibar fridge. The amount of money was not that much but the experience with Holiday Inn and my academic visit of MediaCity have been stained.

The microcomputer was so great to monitor the numbers of bottles you have touched. You can not complain without praising how they spend their genius on the ways in which the money is earned.

The duty manager firmly told me that I won't get any refund since I have singed an agreement which I did not have enough time to thoroughly read. They have no intention to give me the bottles that I have been charged for, neither.

When I arrived, the reception was extremely busy and short of stuff. I was given a statement to sign but no one has explained the policy for me. After more than 24 hours flight, I just need a bed to lie and can not be bothered therefor I signed something I didn't fully aware the sequences.

I won't recommend the hotel to anyone. But if you got the chance to stay, be aware of the dodgy mini bar. And the window is not allowed to open so there is no fresh air at all. That's my advice.

This experience has changed my impression about Holiday Inn, My comment is that they are not decent or hospitable as they used to be. If spending similar amount of money, I will definitely avoid staying in Holiday Inn.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Yi L
Teresa H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Yi L,

Many thanks for your recent feedback regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn Manchester-MediaCityUK. I am sorry to hear that you feel the minibar policy is not to your liking, however all guests are advised on check in and sign confirmation that they agree to the terms of the minibar policy which are:
"Dear Guest

For your added convenience, we are delighted to provide you with your own minibar service.

Kindly note that the system is computerised and that your account will be automatically charged without refund once a product is moved and or taken.

We would like to inform you that this fridge is set to cool at 8ºC and therefore, due to Health & Safety Regulations, cannot be used to store food or medicines."

I hope this will not dissuade you from staying with us in the future.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

The main reason for using this hotel is to be on site for a morning meeting at the BBC or or other MediaCity businesses. The rooms are pretty much up to the standard of any other Holiday Inn, and the views across the quays are quite impressive.
The breakfast room is a bit utilitarian, and the bar has nothing really to write home about. The only reason it's busy is that it's the only real drinking spot in the whole complex unless you brave the cold and sit out at the Dock Bar.
Fine for a comfortable bed but don't expect to be blown away.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Marc G

MarcG,

Many thanks for your recent feedback regarding your stay here with us at the Holiday Inn Manchester-MediaCityUK. Sorry we did not blow you away by our friendly staff and the hearthy food on offer.

Hope this will not dissuade you from staying with us in the near future.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

I don't usually stay at Holiday Inns as they tend to be well used and look it, however this one at Media City was lovely. It was all very new and well kept. the bedroom on the 16th Floor was very spacious, clean and comfortable. I can honestly say if every Holiday Inn was as good as this id stay more often!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Teresa H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2013

WestCumbriaClaire,

Many Thanks for your recent feedback regarding your stay here with us at the Holiday Inn Manchester-MediaCityUK.

I look forward to your returning to stay with us in the near future.