“Great location, friendly staff”

Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK
Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in Salford
Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is in a great location for Media City in Salford. It's two minutes from the BBC, other studios and the Metro tram to Piccadilly Station. The rooms are clean and a reasonably sized. There's a mini-gym with 3 fitness machines plus weights and mats. Breakfast is good and the staff friendly. On my next visit to Media City, here's where I will stay.

• Stayed: May 2013
Teresa H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

DH14

Many thanks for your recent feedback during your stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Manchester-MediaCityUK.

Look forward to your return in the near future.

Teresa Hatton

Write a ReviewReviews (1,160)

Reviewed May 20, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for the weekend with my girlfriend before going on holiday..I picked this hotel after seeing all the reviews and it did live up tp its standards. The hotel was modern the decor was beautiful we stayed in an excutive room and the room were spacious as i expected also had a mini bar which was nice to have in case we needed a drink. The view from the room was also nice as i did advise when booking the room that i wanted a nice view. We also had room service from the restaurant as we didnt want to dine at the restaurant. Service was brillian i myslef work part time in a restaurant and i would say the service was spot on..Service at reception was quick and checking out was the same. If you looking for a nice, modern hotel look no further this is the one...Thank You to all the staff..

Room Tip: Ask reception when booking the room you want a nice view.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Teresa H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Jayjay S,

Reference: Holiday Inn Manchester-MediaCityUK

Many Thanks for your email and great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. The Team look forward to seeing you on your return to us in the near future.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

I used to stay at another hotel when up in Salford for work. This one is just a bit more modern and comfortable. You have a choice of pillow on the bed which is comfortable.

There is a good desk which is not shoved up against a wall as it is in some hotels making it a nicer place to sit and work.

The staff are helpful and and the service every time I have stayed has always been courteous and prompt.

The room service menu is not huge but there are local restaurants if you stay here quite a bit so you don't get bored with the same choices. The only down side is that the car park is not joined to the hotel and while it is only a few yards walk to the multi storey next door if it is windy and wet it feels like a long few yards!

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Emma_N68,

Reference: Holiday Inn Manchester-MediaCityUK

Many Thanks for your feedback. Looking forward to meeting you on your next visit to MediaCityUK.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

We stayed here for the United game on may 12th, had fast check in only thing I didn't like was that they take a £50 deposit for if you use any room services, just in case you do a runner in the morning I guess? We had a room on the executive level which was nicely furnished and decorated. It was very quiet and didn't hear any noise from other rooms. It's about a 15 minute walk to old trafford which if its nice weather would be a nice walk through the quays (it rained the whole day we were here). All in all a great hotel and will defiantly return in the new football season, for the price and what you get much better value than premier inn!

Room Tip: We got the executive king room for £90 advance which as it turns out is excellent value so defiantly...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Teresa H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Many Thanks for your comments regarding the Holiday Inn Manchester-MediaCityUK. Please be advised that an approval will be sought on your credit or debit card for an amount equal to your total room nights plus incidental charges.

If a swipe of a credit card is taken this should have no effect to your credit limit available.

If a swipe of your debit card is taken please be advised that this will go into a holding account and will be completed on departure with any difference releasing within five working days.

Thank you for your co-operation and look forward to your return in the near future.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

The hotel is 2 minutes away from Media City tram station. Very convenient to get to the city or Old Trafford Stadium by tram, but one should never dream about walking to the stadium unless you want to run a "quarter" marathon.
My husband & I arrived at the hotel 10am in the morning. Asked the girl at the counter if we could check in earlier. A firm "no" was received. She told us to come back at 2pm. My husband went to watch the football game. I came back at 2:30pm. The same girl said housekeeping needed 15 to 20 minutes more to clean the room. She offered me a complimentary drink at the Cafe. I was tired but didn't want to make a fuss so sat quietly at the cafe drinking the juice. God I was abandoned, no one ever came back to me! After half an hour I lined up at the counter waiting for 10 more minutes as the counter girl left me at the cafe had disappeared, and there were 2 pairs of couple check in before me. I was tired but didn't lose my temper at that time.
Then I got a room facing a site with nothing underneath, like a desert. I could see something on the right (south) side when I stick my face to the window. (Why some reviewers said the hotel had a great view remains a mystery!) Thinking that the unreliable hotel staff had made a mistake (I had made both written & verbal requests for a good view well in advance), I went down to the counter. The girl at the counter just kept saying the hotel couldn't guarantee satisfying any request. Would anyone imagine this kind of "robot" response could calm me down? Finally another girl came and said the other side would face a tall building but offered to let me have a look. Why didn't they do this earlier? Obviously the rooms on the top floor close to south end of the hotel got "better" view but the other room I was offered was blocked by another building but at least there was a canal to look at.
Having read my story, would anyone imagine my husband is an Ambassador member (top tier in the scheme) of the Intercontinental group?

Room Tip: Don't expect any view unless you are on the top floor and south end of the hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Taiwai
Teresa H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Taiwai,

Reference: Holiday Inn Manchester-MediaCityUK

I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for the inconvenience that you encountered at the Holiday Inn Manchester-MediaCityUK. It is our intention at all times to ensure that our guests are made to feel welcome whilst staying with us; therefore I am disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay at the hotel.

Can you please email me: thatton@peel.co.uk so I can get your contact details in order to make contact with yourself personally.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

We stayed at this great hotel in may of 2013. Within a few steps of the heart of media city and all of the bbc buildings it was the perfect location for us. The rooms are both modern and spacious with a great atmosphere as soon as you walk in. I was treated like a celebrity from the second I walked in. The breakfast had a great variety of food and we was offered a breakfast bag as we had to film early in the morning. It was a great gesture and then they allowed us to return for breakfast when we had finished.

What more could you possibly ask for in a hotel? Great stay! Highly reccomend it.

Room Tip: Make sure you bring a camera! You get a great view of media city! Looks amazing lit up at night!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Teresa H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Jordan,

Many Thanks for your comments. Hope your filming went well and that you will be returning to us in the near future.

Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a match at Old Trafford; easy to walk there along the canal. Parking close by; ticket checked on check out for reduced price of £7 per 24 hours. V comfortable room, everything as expected, fresh and modern. 2 min walk to tram stop to city: £2.90 return. We didn't take breakfast at hotel but choice of eating places nearby. Hotel had a daily special meal for £5, excellent value. Also good choice of restaurants nearby, lots to see and do; iwm and Lowry minutes away.

• Stayed: May 2013
Teresa H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Whitwa,

Many Thanks for your feedback.

Teresa Hatton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Salford
Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays
Premier Inn Manchester Salford Media City
AC Hotel Manchester Salford Quays
Travelodge Manchester Salford Quays
Copthorne Hotel Manchester
Hotel Football Old Trafford

Been to Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK? Share your experiences!