“Modern hotel in a good location”

Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Salford
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Stayed in the hotel for one night for a shopping and sight seeing trip to Manchester. Ideal location as we went to look around media city, Salford quays and old Trafford. There is a tram station close buy for quick access to the city centre. The rooms were clean and comfortable. I would recommend staying here to anyone

Stayed: December 2012
Teresa H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

James,

Many Thanks for your recent review. Look forward to having you stay at the hotel in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Stayed one night for a man united match
Check efficient and friendly, room very clean and well laid out ( a bit on the small side) good bar and good food.
A modern hotel and it shows the place is a bit like a hospital very clean, over time character will start to develop.
Big question would I return, yes I would

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Mike,

Thank You for your review. Look forward to seeing you at the Holiday Inn Manchester-MediaCityUK.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

We arrived here late in the evening and the staff were most helpful with helping us to our room with our vast amount of luggage. We were very impressed with our room too; being media folk, we really appreciated the thought that had gone into the design. For example, the desk faced into the room with numerous plug sockets and so served as a perfect DIT area... (that'll either mean a lot to you or nothing at all!). We had a room on the 15th floor and the view was great. The car park was a nice one and close by (with a quiet road with loading bay outside the hotel reception). Definitely recommend if staying in Manchester for work (and especially if you work in the media).

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Teresa H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Dear Sir/Madam,

Glad to hear you enjoyed your recent stay at MediaCityUK. See you soon.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Just returned to London after a couple of nights at The Holiday Inn. To be fair I only chose it because I had enough Tesco Clubcard points to stay free of charge! My first time in a Holiday Inn and I hope it won't be my last. Nice big room and huge bed to myself. Very convenient for my planned trip - first visit to Old Trafford (pity we lost though!), metro into Manchester & Wagamama's nearby for a yummy evening meal.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank You for your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Manchester-MediaCityUK. Great to hear your first stay was an enjoyable one and that you will choose to stay with us and the Holiday Inn family in the near future.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

The first thing I need to convey is the warm welcome and exceptionally helpful staff on the front desk. Every member of staff I encountered was professional, polite and extremely helpful. My room was spotlessly clean and WiFi availability was great. I ordered room service which was delivered within 20 minutes piping hot and tasted great. My only negative, if i were pushed for one, would be corridor noise (which I hasten to add was not terrible) as a light sleeper I did request a 'quieter' room but my own fault as I forgot to pack ear plugs which I normally take where ever I stay. I will be returning for business over the next few weeks and will not hesitate in booking again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
JessGarrett, General Manager at Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Good Evening,

Many Thanks for the wonderful feedback from your recent stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Manchester-MediaCityUK. Looking forward to having you return to us soon, and don't forget to bring the ear plugs for a great night's sleep.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

I was there for work - two nights. It was expensive but I decided worth it as I needed to be in Media City. When I got to my room I discovered that the lights and plug-point to one side of the bed didn't work. That meant charging my phone away from the bed. I Needed to set the alarm so waited up then unplugged it to have it near my bed. In the morning I discovered that the hairdryer wasn't working, neither were the lights by the desk. I had to leave for work so just had to make do. I had also been woken in the early hours of a Thursday morning by drunk girls next door. So an unsettled night too. I was shattered. After a long day I got back and ordered room service. I received a pasta dish that was too hot to eat on the top and freezing at the bottom. The dessert was awful too - tasted as if it had been left at the back of the fridge all week. Just dreadful. I was too exhausted to deal with it. In the morning - still with no power to certain power sockets, or working lamps or a working hairdryer I checked out. When I told the desk there was a bit of a performance whilst various 'managers' were summoned. Eventually the meal was deducted from my bill. But it took effort. Never again. Truly awful stay, very overpriced hotel - just never again.

Room Tip: Ask for one high up - the views are great.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Kathryn D
Teresa H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Dear Kathryn,

Reference: Holiday Inn Manchester-MediaCityUK

I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for the inconvenience that you encountered at the Holiday Inn Manchester-MediaCityUK back in October. It is our intention at all times to ensure that our guests are made to feel welcome whilst staying with us; therefore I am disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay at the hotel.

Kathryn, should yu ever wish to retrun please do email me at: thatton'peel.co.uk where I would be delighted to offer you a preferrential rate and hope that your stay with us is a pleasant experience.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

My second time at this hotel and I'm very pleased! It is very conveniently located if you have some business to do at Media City. The tram that takes you to Picadilly (downtown Manchester) is only a 5 minutes walk and there are a couple of restaurants nearby and a big Booth store to buy not only sandwiiches, but many kinds of food. There is also a café inside.

My room was nice and big with a comfortable bed and a large table to work at. For those coming from the continent or America, bring your plug adaptors as there are only British sockets, no other sockets! Bathroom was nice, not big, and quite modern.

Wifi is also free all around the hotel, so that's a plus too! Breakfast was quite nice too!

So...I will definitely return on my next trip to Media City, in Salford :)

Chispito,

Many thanks for your feedback. Looking forward to seeing you back in MediaCityUK in the near future. I bet the weather is much nicer in Spain than Manchester - as at the moment it's trying to snow!

Teresa Hatton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Salford
Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays
ibis budget Manchester Salford Quays
Hotel Football Old Trafford
Travelodge Manchester Salford Quays
AC Hotel Manchester Salford Quays
The Lowry Hotel
The Lowry Hotel
#3 of 20 in Salford

Been to Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK? Share your experiences!