“The best Holiday Inn that I have stayed in”

Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Salford
Pulloxhill, United Kingdom
“The best Holiday Inn that I have stayed in”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Fantastic location in the heart of Media City, with a couple of restaurants on the doorstep, several more at the Lowry Centra (5 minutes walk), and a short tram or taxi ride from Manchester city centre.

The hotel is new, stylishly decorated and has almost everything needed for a business or leisure stay.

Rooms are well appointed, modern, air conditioned and include a large desk area, mini bar, iron, hair dryer etc. perhaps a little sparse on extras though, basic hand hand wash and shower gel only, all have high floors so views over the city.

There is a good bar (spot the TV celebrity visiting the BBC!), restaurant and room service. Breakfast is a decent buffet and you can ask for a takeaways bag if running late.

Car parking is in the adjacent NCP place, and if you get the hotel to validate your ticket you pay a reduced rate of £6.50/day. There is also a lovely Booths supermarket next door if you don't want to pay hotel prices for drinks and snacks.

The gym is what lets the hotel down though. A tiny room with just a few machines. A larger gym and pool would make this place truly excellent.

I will be tying here most weeks on business, and I am more than happy about it!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
JessGarrett, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK, responded to this review, August 17, 2012

Reference: Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your feedback, regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK.

It is our intention at all times to ensure that our guests are made to feel welcome whilst staying with us; therefore I am delighted that you did enjoy your stay.

I thank you for your communications and I do hope that your experience within the Holiday Inn brand does all you to stay with us in the near future.

Guest Service Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
Upholland, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 3, 2012

I booked the Holiday Inn Mediacity for three nights over one weekend in peak season. I was expecting good service and standards but the staff and hotel surpassed all of my expectations! The staff on reception were so helpful and treated me like a queen as soon as I stepped in the door. They knew the Mediacity area inside out and pointed me in the right direction for the building my course was in. The Salford Uni building is literally a 30-second walk out of the hotel! A well-stocked Booths supermarket is 1 minute's walk in the other direction.

The hotel itself is incredibly stylish and very plush for a 4* hotel. I stayed in a standard double bedroom but was very impressed when I opened my door! Tonnes of space to move around, huge double bed, large desk with office chair to work from, plus a comfy reading chair and large TV. Plenty of storage space and, although the bathroom was small, it was very sleek. The bath tub was perfect for having a relaxing soak reading the free magazines from reception! The quietness and comfortable bed meant I had some of the best three nights' sleep ever! The whole hotel was also spotless and fresh.

I had breakfast in the hotel each day and cannot fault it. It was buffet-style but very fresh, with a wide range of food options and immaculately presented. The mini pain au chocolats were sooo good. I ate one evening meal in the restaurant and, again, it was faultless. The waiters and waitresses were lovely and friendly and totally seamless in their service. The chicken pieces stuffed with feta cheese and tomatoes with salad was very tasty and filling.

The hotel is smack-bang in the centre of Mediacity and is actually part of one of the main BBC buildings - the stage door is immediately next to the hotel entrance door! It was also very easy to get to by public transport from Salford Crescent train station: just hop on the pink and grey Quaylink bus for £1 for a 6-min ride and you're there. It was also incredibly easy to get the Met into central Manchester on the Monday, as the platform is right opposite the hotel. Only a 10-minute ride on the Met onto Deansgate.

I really enjoyed my stay here and would definitely stay again when staying in Manchester. I've raved about this hotel and its amazing beds to everybody!!

Room Tip: Rooms on the 15th floor have a great cityscape view.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for the night and booked on the day, arrived about 4pm, reception had a problem with a customer from overseas so we did have to wait a while but this didn’t really bother us.

The hotel is really easy to find, just follow signs for media city, when you finally come across the hotel you turn left at the second set of lights to go into the multi-storey car park. The prices does show that its £15 to stay 24 hours but the hotel stamp your parking ticket during check out and even the express check out so you do only pay £6.50 as it says on their website. Take the elevator down then it’s a minutes’ walk past the supermarket.

During check in they do put a charge of more than double the room cost on your card to cover themselves but after we stayed I did check my statement and they took the correct amount so no problems.

Security is good, I liked how you have to use your room card to work the elevator, only to go up of course so had to remind the boyfriend to take one when he went to smoke. You get two cards per room as you also need one to work the electric.

The room was to a high standard, it has a free safe that you activate yourself in the room; bathroom was nice, you get toilet roll, shampoo/body wash and soap but nothing else. If you forget something, like toothpaste etc you can order one from reception. The room service prices were very reasonable and if I was staying more than one night I’d definitely take advantage of it. You can also order breakfast with a form that you hang on your door; they collect it before 1am. The mini bar was very expensive! £5 for a can of coke! So stick to the room service. If you’re taking your own food/drink it will not fit in the fridge! But they provide tea and coffee, kettle, and four glasses. The hairdryer was as good as mine so glad I didn’t bring it and there’s also an iron and ironing board in the closet, full length mirror and window, enough plug sockets, a desk to sit down at, sofa chair, reading lights, large mirror by the desk to do your hair etc, one mesh curtain for privacy and one black out curtain.

The hotel is 2 minutes away from the tram into Manchester Piccadilly it’s around £2.80 each. A taxi into Manchester was £10 and a taxi home at 3am was £15, not many taxi drivers had heard of the area though! It is a new road so say Salford quays then direct them from there. Reception ordered our taxi for us, we called down, and the lobby was nice and warm while we waited.

I’d defiantly return to this hotel, great low price for what you get! So much cheaper than a central hotel even when you add on your parking and taxi cost!!

Room Tip: High Floor Facing the Lowry
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PurpleBeach5

Fredrikstad, Norway
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Stayed a few days with my son to relax in Manchester and watch ManU-Liverpool in the 11/12-season. Very clean and tasteful overall, nice staff, good food in the restaurant. Nice bar area.

Location is a bit off the grid, but the area is up and coming, so I am sure there will be a lot more to do, places to eat etc. in a while. Otherwise nice area by the river.

Rooms were not too small and the bathroom was very nice. It was also quiet, so it seems that the walls between the rooms are thick enough.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank LarsNaess

Bishops Stortford
Reviewed July 28, 2012

My wife and I and two of our children stayed at this hotel as part of our trip to the Olympic football event at Old Trafford. We were very impressed with the hotel, which is very new and part of the Salford Quays development. Parking was easy (and subsidised) in a neighbouring multi-storey. All the staff were friendly and helpful (reception juggled our booking to give us interlinking rooms - without us having to ask). Our rooms were very clean, modern, spacious and comfortable. Late back from the football match we were able to get very good bar food before bed (we all slept incredibly well!). Breakfast, included in our room rate, was very good too. I would thoroughly recommend this hotel - probably the best Holiday Inn I have ever stayed in.
Minor niggles? Shower had no pressure and AC in one room stuck on cold (had to be switched off but interlinking rooms balanced that out!). Room views of neighbouring air conditioning plant not the best, but none of this really spoilt our stay at all, as everything else about this very well managed hotel is truly excellent.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

The Netherlands
Reviewed July 24, 2012

This was our 4th stay at Media City and although we choose it because of its location to family, we would make this a first choice when in the area from now on.

Rooms are spacious and well appointed and clean, with a small desk and chair that can actually be used for work. The free internet throughout the hotel also assists. Views from the windows are spectacular but should this not be for you because of the height, the large TV will soon distract you. The bathroom is to a very high standard and with a minibar and room safe, represents good value. We stayed 2 nights and the one small gripe was that when the room was serviced, they did not replace the tea and milk or supply 2 sets of towels ( one set is normally in the cupboard) , something we did not discover until too late to solve.

Breakfast is a standard buffet but offers a good choice and although the room is very large, by 09:00 it was difficult to find a clean table for 4 people, as most larger tables had been used by one person and had not been cleared. We had to ask and wait whilst one was prepared.

One tip that is worth mentioning, get the car park ticket endorsed by reception as this same over half of the cost of parking.

An added benefit is the proximity of the Lowrey Centre and War museum, adding to access to trams etc, this is an excellent and comfortable base for both business and leasure.

Room Tip: Go for a highjer room to get the best views
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Dalwhinnie, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We booked a secret hotel with Expedia and paid £39. We stayed two nights at another hotel and one at the Holiday Inn. I wish I had booked three nights here. You cannot fault the hotel, it is AWESOME. The rooms are lovely and the views incredible. It is next door to the metro and the vibe is amazing.

Ciro at reception was very helpful and deserves a special thanks.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Guest Service Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salford
Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays
Hotel Football Old Trafford
ibis budget Manchester Salford Quays
The Lowry Hotel
The Lowry Hotel
#3 of 20 in Salford
AC Hotel Manchester Salford Quays
Travelodge Manchester Salford Quays

Been to Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK? Share your experiences!