Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$80
$57
$52
Novotel Manchester West(Worsley)(Great Value!)
$67
$81
$72
$65
1,198 results
All reviewsmedia citythe marco pierre white restaurantold traffordbooths supermarketcity centremezzanine floormulti storeybbc studiosexecutive roomcar parkthe imperial war museumtram stoplowry theatremini barreduced ratemodern hotelbusiness trip
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 19, 2012

The hotel is located at the redeveloped Salford Quay area and slightly away from the busy downtown. It is a new hotel and provide free wifi too. It is near tram station if you choose to go downtown to join the crowd.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 15, 2012

11th July 2012

Reference: Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your feedback, regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK.

It is our intention at all times to ensure that our guests are made to feel welcome whilst staying with us; therefore I am delighted that you did enjoy your stay.

I thank you for your communications and I do hope that your experience within the Holiday Inn brand does all you to stay with us in the near future.

Anna Whelan

Reviewed June 18, 2012

Stayed here on the recent bank holiday weekend which was our third visit – we have another booked for later on in the year – thought it was about time I put a review up.

This is a great location for seeing a show at the Lowry, which is what we use it for. Last visit we also took in the Media City tour which is next door to the hotel.

On all three visits the check in has been seamless and always very friendly.

The décor is not like your usual holiday inn, it’s quite contemporary and really relaxing.

Rooms are very good. They still have that newish look about them and are really inviting and comfortable. The first two occasions we stayed in an executive room on the top floors – you will be able to see quite far if it ever stops raining! The last time we booked just the standard double. However we were given a corner double room which was fantastic size and very roomy.

The air conditioning can be a bit noisy but I’ve never stayed in a hotel yet where there isn’t some form of noise from the unit.

Bathrooms whilst small, are very well fitted with a great colour scheme. They are really soothing and relaxing whilst soaking in the bath.

After each show at the Lowry we have come back and sat in the bar for a while. There is always a really good reception from the lads behind the bar.

I must point out before going further that I am not a fan of buffet breakfasts and have yet to find a hotel where I find the breakfast okay – no matter what the star rating of the hotel. I never find the food hot enough but again must stress that it is my opinion and it may well suit other people.

On the previous two occasions I have had the same problem with breakfast here that I have everywhere else. However, on the last visit due to the number of guests staying that weekend, it was breakfast to order.

It was great – lovely lady at the front of the restaurant took my order and a short while later came great freshly cooked hot food. It would be lovely if it was like this all the time although I accept that if the hotel was at full occupancy then it would probably cause too many problems with the kitchens if that system were in place.

I must point out though that the restaurant where breakfast is served has to be one of the comfiest and peaceful rooms out of the many hotels I’ve stayed at. It’s lovely.

Overall a great place to stay in a great location for shopping/BBC Media City/theatres/restaurants

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

11th July 2012

Anna Whelan

Reviewed June 10, 2012

We stayed at the Hotel and thought the rooms were great, the location is excellent. It was a bit of a pain with the parking and expensive for an empty car park.

We had an issue with the Duty Manager on customer services. We had inadvertently left an item behind. There was very little interest in helping out, just a demand of a very expensive fee to post. We queried this and we're referred to another Manager. Neither responded promptly and they simply ignored some e-mails and the abrupt and dismissive attitude was appalling. This was both by phone and e-mail. We communicated in a polite and very reasonable manner.

We are regular users of the Holiday Inn and have stayed in many across the UK. I would not now recommend this hotel to anyone due to the lack of care and attention for the customer.

It is such a shame as it a good facility, we have never experienced such a non interest in the customer and compared to other Holiday Inn experiences, the management here tarnish the good name of the brand.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank AmandaJaneGlos
JessGarrett, General Manager at Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2012

Dear Madam,

Many thanks for your review for which we acknowledge.

Teresa Hatton
Operations Director

Reviewed June 6, 2012

stayed here on 2nd june this year. the room was great the location fantastic, we love this area. we went out for the saturday evening. we came back about 11pm. we had a drink in the bar downstairs then went off to our ruoom.
I got up to go to the bathroom about 6 am to find the carpet outside the bathroom wet through and the bathroom floor was the same. i rang reception and was told they would send someone upo. 45 minutes later 2 maintainance guys came and said they couldnt see anything and it was probably leaking behind the panels. they left saying they would report to reception.
45 minutes later i decided i better ring and find out what was happening.
I was told nothing could be done now and we would have to shower 2 floors higher up!!.
When i came to check out i thought i would get an apology and maybe a discount.
I went all the way through the checking out procedure, paying bar bill and nothing was said!!!!
When i asked what was happening i was told they had emailed the duty manager and would have to wait.
This was 4 days ago and still no contact from them.
I do feel this is not the correct way to treat guest.
We never even got a sorry on the way out!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank darrencolne
JessGarrett, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2012

08 June 2012

Reference: Holiday Inn Manchester-MediaCityUK

I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for the inconvenience that was encountered at the Holiday Inn Manchester-MediaCityUK. It is our intention at all times to ensure that our guests are made to feel welcome whilst staying with us; therefore I am disappointed that this did not occur.

I thank you for bringing this matter to my attention for which I will take appropriate action.

Please can you contact me on gsm2@himediacityuk.co.uk so we can discuss the matter further.

Kind Regards

Jess Garrett

Reviewed June 5, 2012

When I booked I expected your run of the mill holiday inn.... Clean and comfortable. I was surprised a very modern hotel that has only been open 18 months. All staff were friendly front desk staff exceptional really enjoyed the stay!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends

09 June 2012

Reference: Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK

I thank you for your communications and I do hope that your experience within the Holiday Inn brand allows you to stay with us in the near future.

Jess Garrett