“GREAT HOTEL”

Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Salford
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Stayed here on the recent bank holiday weekend which was our third visit – we have another booked for later on in the year – thought it was about time I put a review up.

This is a great location for seeing a show at the Lowry, which is what we use it for. Last visit we also took in the Media City tour which is next door to the hotel.

On all three visits the check in has been seamless and always very friendly.

The décor is not like your usual holiday inn, it’s quite contemporary and really relaxing.

Rooms are very good. They still have that newish look about them and are really inviting and comfortable. The first two occasions we stayed in an executive room on the top floors – you will be able to see quite far if it ever stops raining! The last time we booked just the standard double. However we were given a corner double room which was fantastic size and very roomy.

The air conditioning can be a bit noisy but I’ve never stayed in a hotel yet where there isn’t some form of noise from the unit.

Bathrooms whilst small, are very well fitted with a great colour scheme. They are really soothing and relaxing whilst soaking in the bath.

After each show at the Lowry we have come back and sat in the bar for a while. There is always a really good reception from the lads behind the bar.

I must point out before going further that I am not a fan of buffet breakfasts and have yet to find a hotel where I find the breakfast okay – no matter what the star rating of the hotel. I never find the food hot enough but again must stress that it is my opinion and it may well suit other people.

On the previous two occasions I have had the same problem with breakfast here that I have everywhere else. However, on the last visit due to the number of guests staying that weekend, it was breakfast to order.

It was great – lovely lady at the front of the restaurant took my order and a short while later came great freshly cooked hot food. It would be lovely if it was like this all the time although I accept that if the hotel was at full occupancy then it would probably cause too many problems with the kitchens if that system were in place.

I must point out though that the restaurant where breakfast is served has to be one of the comfiest and peaceful rooms out of the many hotels I’ve stayed at. It’s lovely.

Overall a great place to stay in a great location for shopping/BBC Media City/theatres/restaurants

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

11th July 2012

Reference: Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your feedback, regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK.

It is our intention at all times to ensure that our guests are made to feel welcome whilst staying with us; therefore I am delighted that you did enjoy your stay.

I thank you for your communications and I do hope that your experience within the Holiday Inn brand does all you to stay with us in the near future.

Anna Whelan

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK

Reviewed June 10, 2012

We stayed at the Hotel and thought the rooms were great, the location is excellent. It was a bit of a pain with the parking and expensive for an empty car park.

We had an issue with the Duty Manager on customer services. We had inadvertently left an item behind. There was very little interest in helping out, just a demand of a very expensive fee to post. We queried this and we're referred to another Manager. Neither responded promptly and they simply ignored some e-mails and the abrupt and dismissive attitude was appalling. This was both by phone and e-mail. We communicated in a polite and very reasonable manner.

We are regular users of the Holiday Inn and have stayed in many across the UK. I would not now recommend this hotel to anyone due to the lack of care and attention for the customer.

It is such a shame as it a good facility, we have never experienced such a non interest in the customer and compared to other Holiday Inn experiences, the management here tarnish the good name of the brand.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank AmandaJaneGlos
JessGarrett, General Manager at Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2012

Dear Madam,

Many thanks for your review for which we acknowledge.

Teresa Hatton
Operations Director

Reviewed June 6, 2012

stayed here on 2nd june this year. the room was great the location fantastic, we love this area. we went out for the saturday evening. we came back about 11pm. we had a drink in the bar downstairs then went off to our ruoom.
I got up to go to the bathroom about 6 am to find the carpet outside the bathroom wet through and the bathroom floor was the same. i rang reception and was told they would send someone upo. 45 minutes later 2 maintainance guys came and said they couldnt see anything and it was probably leaking behind the panels. they left saying they would report to reception.
45 minutes later i decided i better ring and find out what was happening.
I was told nothing could be done now and we would have to shower 2 floors higher up!!.
When i came to check out i thought i would get an apology and maybe a discount.
I went all the way through the checking out procedure, paying bar bill and nothing was said!!!!
When i asked what was happening i was told they had emailed the duty manager and would have to wait.
This was 4 days ago and still no contact from them.
I do feel this is not the correct way to treat guest.
We never even got a sorry on the way out!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank darrencolne
JessGarrett, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2012

08 June 2012

Reference: Holiday Inn Manchester-MediaCityUK

I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for the inconvenience that was encountered at the Holiday Inn Manchester-MediaCityUK. It is our intention at all times to ensure that our guests are made to feel welcome whilst staying with us; therefore I am disappointed that this did not occur.

I thank you for bringing this matter to my attention for which I will take appropriate action.

Please can you contact me on gsm2@himediacityuk.co.uk so we can discuss the matter further.

Kind Regards

Reviewed June 5, 2012

When I booked I expected your run of the mill holiday inn.... Clean and comfortable. I was surprised a very modern hotel that has only been open 18 months. All staff were friendly front desk staff exceptional really enjoyed the stay!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends

Reference: Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK

I thank you for your communications and I do hope that your experience within the Holiday Inn brand allows you to stay with us in the near future.

Reviewed May 30, 2012

Really good hotel. Would definitely stay there again. Right next door to the new BBC Television Centre in Salford Quays.

Only minor issue is listening to the "luvvies" at breakfast on adjacent tables who just can't seem to stop themselves from name-dropping. The thing is, these people are nobodies - just minions of the BBC who can't help themselves. They need to get a life! But it was quite funny listening to them thinking they are so self-important. So I suppose it was a bit of extra breakfast entertainment courtesy of the BBC.

Hotel was great though. Nice, spacious room with good facilities. Breakfast.....well, although I'm not a fan of buffet breakfasts - it was pretty good. The food was checked often and removed and replaced when needed (I was watching the staff).

Parking was a bit of pain. There is a multi-storey car-park next door, but even with the hotel subsidy, it was still expensive at £6.50 per overnight. Especially when you consider it was virtually empty.

Other than that, I enjoyed staying there, and will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank JonComer

Reviewed May 28, 2012

Stayed here for one night as was attending magic weekend (rugby) reception staff very welcoming and helpfull, quick check in, room was lovely and clean, very comfy beds and choice of pillows, firm or soft, we arrived back late, exhausted from the day but hungry the staff went out of thier way to feed us even though the chef had finished, he did stay and cook us some hot food, which is a rarety in hotels these days.
A great choice at breakfast, hot and cold, fresh fruit, all presented beautifuly.
The boys on the bar were fantastic, in fact all the staff had a genuine aura about them to ensure all guest were made to feel special, well done to al the staff at this hotel for making our stay so pleasant. would definatly highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank rugby57
JessGarrett, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2012

Reviewed May 28, 2012

Stayed at the hotel last weekend whilst visiting The Lowery Theatre.

Over good hotel, clean and well sized rooms (stayed on the executive floor) multi story car park a 5 minute walk away which is very handy. Signage to the hotel could do with being improved though.

My only comment would be that there should be min dress code in the restaurant. I know it was very warm at the weekend BUT there were people eating breakfast in vests with hairy shoulders which was quite gross. Plus my worst nightmares all in one - middle aged+ people wearing footabll shitrs, leggin's or shorts and crocs!!!!

Will def stay again when visting the Lowery and/or Manchester itself.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Michael S

Guest Service Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Salford
Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays
ibis budget Manchester Salford Quays
Hotel Football Old Trafford
AC Hotel Manchester Salford Quays
Travelodge Manchester Salford Quays
The Lowry Hotel
The Lowry Hotel
#3 of 20 in Salford

Been to Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK? Share your experiences!