Quay Apartments
  • Breakfast included
$128
$120
  • Restaurant
Novotel Manchester West(Worsley)(Great Value!)
$65
$61
$81
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Manchester Salford Quays(Salford)(Great Value!)
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewswashing machinegreat apartmentsecure parkingmedia cityserviced apartmentcar parkchecking instay there againlowry outletcity centreold traffordquayamenitiesmanchestertramsupermarketheating
Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Adequate accommodation about sums this up! Basic and clean in an appt block. Appt well worn and beds rather small. Oven needed a good clean. Very very over priced but we were going to see Robbie so needed somewhere! I would nt recommend these I'm afraid.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I can see why someone would want to stay here for a week and to its merit it's modern, great view, spacious, with kitchen, 2 bathrooms - I wouldn't mind living there!

There are also a number of negatives to bear in mind.

a/ Damage - you are asked to sign a damage waiver but I can't see how this can be fairly enforced. There is no audit or review of the state of the place when you arrive so when I saw marks on the carpet and walls (that I hadn't done) what if they charge for that.

b/ £12 parking. I refused to pay this surcharge but apparently reading other reviews now I'm not the first time they've tried this on. lt really annoys me to be stung for random charges - hence my nervousness about the damage waiver above.

c/ Keys. It's a hassle to get the keys and a hassle to return the keys. They instruct you to drive out, park up and go back in, and leave the keys on the table but of course you can't relock the flat! Hence the nervousness about the damage waiver above!!!

d/ Staff. Not having a reception is a hassle. The person meeting me didn't smile once and would perhaps be better suited doing something that didn't involve helping people.

e/ 0843. I hate premium numbers and ringing that number cost a fortune from a mobile. You don't have a choice but to call as there's no staff, no keys, and the place isn't well signposted.

f/ No receipt to reclaim expenses despite being promised one. I emailed and was told I had to go back to the booking agent.

g/ Cheap loo roll and cheap bed/mattress. Some corners shouldn't be cut.

To be honest all I can think is hassle, hassle, hassle = give me a hotel any day!!!!

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank J C
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Lastholidayvideo always try to book apartments in Manchester, as they offer good value, more space and convenient for town. Two weeks ago, I booked quay apartments. It was cheap, I was upgraded and offered the two bed apartment, for 70.00. I was met by a lady who showed me to the apartment and explained what I had to do to check in and out, etc. apartments t was very large, good views. Yes, a little tired in places. But clean. On a negative point, a few areas of could do better. Two bedroom apartment and only four towels and they were quite small. Whilst there was sugar coffee and tea. No milk, not even UHT and no shops locally, to buy groceries. My biggest issue was, it was freezing and I had to move bedrooms to cope with why the underfloor heating wasn't effective. Beds were uncomfortable and so didn't get a good night sleep. Sorry, quay, but take note. Lastly it was ten minute walk to the Lowry outlet, which was good when I got there and I enjoyed a meal at cafe rouge, breakfast too. To date, however never received a final bill.

Room Tip: Work out the heating and get groceries before you arrive
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

After staying here I find it hard to understand why anyone would choose a hotel over this? It was absolutely superb, very modern and clean and for the price it was simply fantastic! Considering that most hotels in Manchester were double the price and that travel lodge was actually the same price, the choice was simple! Excellent secure parking, friendly staff and a great location, what more could you want?

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 9, 2012

The Quay Apartments comprise 2 towers about 2 minutes walk from Anchorage metrolink station with very frequent trams into Manchester City Centre - a 15-20 minute ride away.

I have stayed in a variety of apartments from the Studio (the best in my opinion) to the 2 bed apartment. All are comfortably furnished and provide a real home from home and a great alternative to a hotel. There is a fully fitted kitchen, good bathroom lounge/dining area and beds according to the size of apartment. The apartments in my experience are always clean. Furnishings vary by apartment. The studio is very good, a one bed apartment is rather spartan in the lounge. All apartments have a good plasma TV and wireless router. FREE wifi - excellent for business and other guests. Booking is easy. As the apartments are privately owned without a 24 hour reception, the procedure for checking in is to be met at the entrance and then shown to the apartment. Always best to call or text an hour or so prior to arrival and then when 5-10 minutes away. In this way, when you arrive there is absolutely minimal wait to be met. Check out is 11am - leave the keys on the table and depart. Simple.

There is always room for improvement. At these apartments little touches could make the experience even better; small UHT milk sticks; more coat hangers ; better quality pillows; dishwasher tablets; Other reviews have said the same and I agree.

All in all a very good package.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business