“Regular rooms are terrible, accessible rooms better, therefore all in all poor”

ibis budget Manchester Salford Quays
Ranked #11 of 20 Hotels in Salford
Reviewed December 9, 2012

This is a very cheap hotel, especially if you book well in advance. The location is quite fine, at least if you travel by car (don't know about the public transportation). We initially booked a regular room for two that can fit in three because of the bunk bed. That room was totally terrible, below all standards. The toilet was awfully small with just the toilet seat in it and not much room around it (if you are a large person, please don't book this room). The wash basin is outside the toilet, which I know is common in some uk hotels, but I find it very bad in terms of hygiene.

On our first day, we came back to the hotel only after midnight, and faced a leaking hotwater pipe on our way to our hotel room. The staff was already aware of the situation and they were trying to fix it. Turned out that this broken pipe was in our favour because they had to change our room one floor up. We ended up getting an accessible room. I don't know if it was a nice gesture from the staff due to our discomfort with the hot water pipe or just a strike of luck, but anyhow, we were more than pleased with it.

The accessible room had the similar bed, but with lot more space around it. Also, it had a lovely, large bathroom with the toilet in it. That really felt like luxury after the first one! As it was already turning towards morning hours when we changed the room, we didn't check much in the new room, just went straight to sleep. In the morning, we discovered that we had slept in awfully dirty sheets. They did change them during the day, as we requested, but still the new ones had few small stains in them. Also, the beds were very uncomfortable.

Even though it is cheap, I wouldn't return.

Room Tip: If you stay here, better to book the accessible room. Price is the same or slightly higher, but ten...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
EmilieGM, General Manager at ibis budget Manchester Salford Quays, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at the hotel. I am sorry to learn that you did not found that the hotel was suitable for your stay during your recent visit. I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back at the hotel, I have passed on your comments to the team.
Best Regards,

Write a ReviewReviews (1,980)

Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here as it was close to my former office and the Metrolink (and it was by far the cheapest thing in December). The first thing I noticed in reception were the pot noodles that were displayed as part of their meal deal and I knew I'd made a mistake.
The receptionist was very nice and friendly, however when we got to the room (which, admittedly, was very clean) we found terribly decorated walls and ceiling, a shower and sink in the bedroom itself, a tiny cubby which held the toilet (which didn't flush) - if you are taller than 5'3" you won't be able to sit on it with the door closed, a single measly bar of soap (no shower gel or shampoo) and no bath mat.
The clientele was a mixture of football fans and underage drinkers treating the place like a youth hostel/knocking shop. The wi-fi was disgustingly expensive and the cleaning staff mute/rude. Breakfast was surprisingly ok if you don't mind putting your bread through the toaster 5 times.
In short, I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012

Reviewed December 7, 2012

This is my first time staying at an Ibis budget so after reading the reviews on here I was prepared for the worst. No kettle! I was given a clean room, however the toilet was not. I returned to reception to inform them only for them to tell me the room was fine, as if I would lie about the toilet being blocked with tissues and not flushing!

I was given another room which was better and offered free breakfast for the rest of my stay.

The location is beautiful in Salford and the hotel is truly a no frills stay. So would only recommend to people who need a bed for the night. Which is ideal for anyone visiting Manchester United/sight seeing or clubbing.

I would stay here again if

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo

Dear Guest ,

I am happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us during your recent visit.
I have passed on your comment to the team.
We look forward to welcome you back to the hotel

Reviewed December 7, 2012

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed December 5, 2012

After trying to call the hotel 10+ times, each time someone picking up the phone then hanging up, to fine out where to park as the hotel car park was full with no sign or where to park, I finally found how to get into the car park across the road.
Room = Dirty
Towels thrown on the bed, no soap, the toilet was in a cupboard, literally.
I wasn't expecting much from a budget hotel, but for £69 I was expecting a bit more.

• Stayed: December 2012

Reviewed December 2, 2012

I was disappointed that there was no free Wifi and your staff pointed me towards a pub opposite the Hotel to get free wifi. the breakfast was very poor and also parking was a problem.Indeed I had a difficulties in getting out as the previous night I was not given a ticket.When it was ETAP the prices were good now it is too expensive.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
EmilieGM, General Manager at ibis budget Manchester Salford Quays, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at the hotel. I have passed on your comment to the team. I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back to the hotel.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Good hotel for a budget. No frills and compact room ideal for a cheap stay if you are going to the football and cant get home. Great views of the salford quays and media city.

Close to restaurants, petrol station, 2 tram stations, lowry outlet mall, media city, tesco, Old Trafford (football and cricket grounds) ideal for short stays. Well known hotel chain.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo