“absolute shocker!”

ibis budget Manchester Salford Quays
Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Salford
Reviewed March 13, 2011

where do i start?!... 4 of us stayed in 2 rooms for 2 nights fri/sat got woke up both nights by groups of drunken boys and girls shouting and running into each others rooms at 4 o clock in morning.the rooms have no phones in room so i called reception off my mobile to complain about noise (which at this point had gone on for an hour) a miserable man on phone said he would send security up,we heard a man outside saying can you tone it down,,we were then woke up both mornings by people shouting and runnin into each others rooms again.on the sign on the bedroom doors it states they have a zero tolerance policy for noise! what!!...check out was 12 and at about 11.40 i went into my sisters room next door to return the hairdryer only to find my key card would not let me back in my room! again had to keep going down to reception to find out why.have they not heard of telephones in the room in this hotel!..the room seriously looked like a prison room,the deco is apauling.the matress was as thick as a sheet of tissue paper,had back ache next day.staff were miserble and unapologetic when we complained about noise.they said its normally quieter mon to thurs! i can safely say we wont be staying at the e crap again.stick to premier inn for us.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
EmilieGM, General Manager at ibis budget Manchester Salford Quays, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2011

Dear guest,

I am sorry to hear that you did not have a pleasant experience with us during your last stay. I have already address with my team your comments.
I hope we will have the chance to welcome you again to the hotel
best regards

Write a ReviewReviews (1,960)

Reviewed March 6, 2011

We stayed here in February 2011 - the hotel has a really good location with the city centre about 10 minutes drive away or better still, a couple of stops on the tram (station 5 mins walk away). The Trafford Centre is about 10 mins by car too and at a push you could walk to all destinations in Salford Quays.

The hotel itself is clean, service is fine and the rooms are functional. We payed £19 per night which is a bargain for a hotel almost in the heart of Manchester. Didn't bother with the breakfast but it looked like a good deal at £3.50. There are plenty of eating establishments close by if you need them.

The only slight downside with the etap is that you have to pay £3 for use of the hotel car park, and that only covers you until 12 noon the next day.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family

thank you very much for your comments, my team and myself appreciated them.
I look forward on welcoming you back to the hotel
regards

Reviewed February 23, 2011

Reviewed February 22, 2011

I stayed here for two nights for convenience as I was watching a show which finished quite late and didn't want to travel home afterwards.
The location from Salford Keys was perfect and as well as only being a 10 minute walk from the Lowry theatre and outlet village there are also some amenities close by such as restaurants and a 24 hour garage and tescos.

The hotel is hardly the Ritz but providing you stay with someone you are quite comfortable to share a shower and bedroom all in one room it is fine particularly for the value for money.

The staff are efficient and the rooms and hotel are on the whole clean although there was a half empty bottle of Magners and bag of crisps still at the reception area from 11pm in the evening to 6pm the following day. I am pretty sure no one was going to go back to it!!! Breakfast is good value for the price if you are just after a quick snack.

The only problem was sleeping at night as we were right next to the tram line. This is probably because I am not used to any noise where I live or because I was completely sober so I would best recommend this hotel to those going on a night out and just need somewhere cheap to crash or if you are used to living in a busy city!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple

thank you very much for your comment and the time you took to write the review about the hotel. my team and myself look forward to welcome you back to the hotel
regards

An Accor traveler
Belfast
Reviewed February 22, 2011

A TripAdvisor Member
mansfield
Reviewed February 21, 2011

I got this hotel at a reduced offer rate of £18.00 ppn so thought I I'd give it a go - what could I lose at that price?? I had heard a few stories about it - none were too complimentary however I was more than pleasantly surprised. When I need a one night stay I would always choose this hotel above the other 'like' brands in the area now.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
EmilieGM, Manager at ibis budget Manchester Salford Quays, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2011

Thanks for your review. I’m glad you have a good stay with us. See you on your next trip.
Kind regards

Reviewed February 18, 2011

At only £18 for the night, who can complain? The room was serviceable with good shower and wash basin, and toilet. Always good to have a TV in the room. Had a good night's sleep. Only downside was lack of decent parking, but managed to park in a nearby road.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business

Thank you for your very kind words. Very much appreciated and my team will be delighted
to hear that you enjoyed yourselves. Look forward to welcoming you back. Kind regards