“Great Location and good food”
Review of Lime Salford Quays

Lime Salford Quays
Ranked #14 of 355 Restaurants in Salford
Cuisines: British, Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: With a new and exciting menu cooked daily with fresh, locally sourced ingredients, an extensive, international wine list and a team of friendly and welcoming staff, Lime is a favourite with theatre visitors, local workers,families and weekend revelers alike.Lime was established in 2001 by David Vanderhook, whose career has included periods as personal chef to, amongst others, the Rothchild family, Valentino and the Aga Khan.
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Visited twice during a few days stay in Salford Quays. The food was good and reasonably priced, the staff were all friendly and helpful and the décor is fresh and relaxing.
The "fat chips" that come with the burgers are a must try!

LimeSalfordQuays, General Manager at Lime Salford Quays, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Thank you for your review. It's great to hear that you returned again after your initial experience.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

We visited here a couple of weekends back. Initially, just for a drink before visiting the Vue cinema. Whilst enjoying our drinks - we both had a beer then I had a gin martini (with olive) and my partner had a coffee - we were both impressed by the look of several dishes on the food menu. So much so in fact, that we decided to come back here after the film. It wasn't extremely busy by this time as most of the people who had been drinking there earlier had gone. However we were made to feel extremely welcome by our host.

I had the Spiced Monkfish Bhaji and my partner had the steak sandwich. Both of which we really enjoyed.

One minor point - the draught beers were not listed on the drinks menu for the restaurant, which I would havce ordered if it was there but the bottled beer I ordered was adequate.

Overall, a surprising find which we hadn't expected when visiting Salford Quays that day. We did like the sound of several other meals on the menu so if we are ever in the area again we might pop in.

I'd just like to add as well, wer were a bit anxious about the time on our parking ticket when we arrived so we didn't order starters, but we still made it back with plenty of time because the food didn't take too long and staff were attentive when we were ready to pay - something you don't always find!

Thank you for your review.

I apologies that the draught beers we sell were not highlighted to you.

If you endeavour to return to Lime in the future please ask our waiting staff about our draught selection. We have some great beers available including the Italian Birra Moretti and some Scottish ales from the Caledonian brewery.

I am happy you enjoyed your overall experience.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Ate here pre theatre. Convenient location for the Lowry. Decor is modern and striking. The staff were pleasant. Food was really excellent, well cooked, hot and delicious.dishes have a modern twist. We got a discount voucher when leaving. All in all no complaints and would recommend.

Thank you very much for your review.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Bit pricey for fried food but what's new? The staff were very friendly and couldn't do enough. It was a Sunday night and we were the only people in the restaurant. I thought that the happy hour ( cocktails) could have been extended to keep us there instead we left as £7 a drink is just too pricey. Happy hour is not 1/2 price by the way just couple of pound off.

The food was nice enough but I wouldn't make a special effort - sorry guys just didn't do it for us!
We left a good tip - we couldn't fault the attention to service.

LimeSalfordQuays, General Manager at Lime Salford Quays, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Thank you for your review.

Happy hour only runs on weekdays 5 - 7pm. If we extended this offer to be available on weekends at all times of the day then it wouldn't be a happy hour discount. The selected cocktails on happy hour are £4.50 which is a £2.50 saving (on £7 cocktails). Our cocktails contain no less than 50ml alcohol and the fruit we use is bought in fresh everyday. The prices of our cocktails are in line with our competitors and they are great value for money. I apologise if you do not share my views upon this.

I feel your initial comment 'bit pricey for fried food' is also rather unjustified. We have a great variety of dishes on our menu including the roasted belly of pork and the Malayan chicken curry. Neither of which are fried like the majority of dishes on our menu.

I am very pleased you thought the service was good. The team we have at Lime are fantastic.

Kind regards
Stephanie Emms

Reviewed August 13, 2013

I took my mum for her 60 birthday for a pre theatre lunch. Lime was recommended by a friend and I can certainly see why.

I booked a table and popped a little note in the reservation that it was for my mum's 60th. On arrival to the restaurant, when I announced which booking we were, the waitress wished my mum a happy birthday and took us to a lovely table. The waitress also asked with genuine interest about our imminent theatre trip and she was a breath of fresh air!

The waiter then took our order and was very polite and thorough with our order.

A complimentary glass of sparking rosé topped with a fresh strawberry was brought to our table for my mum.

The food arrived swiftly, and was faultless! The order was correct and the food was delicious.

Overall, our visit to Lime was perfect.

Thank you for making my mum's bridal a day to remember.

I am so pleased you enjoyed your visit to lime and your mum had such a good birthday!

It would be a pleasure to have you back in the future.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review.