“A break from the norm”

Village Manchester Hyde Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Hyde
Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

Decided to book somewhere local with leisure facilities and we weren't disappointed . Rooms good , happy with rate , leisure facilities to a high standard , breakfast ok . Pub grub overpriced . Would stay again as very local to home

• Stayed: October 2013
Emily O, Guest Relations Manager at Village Manchester Hyde Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Fantastic - we look forward to seeing you again soon

Write a ReviewReviews (1,285)

Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

Had vouchers from a deal on Amazon Local for 10 one-day health club passes for a total of £10 so thought I had nothing to lose!

Nice welcoming staff showed me round and I used the gym for a good hour. Good range of cardio and weighted machines though the free weights area was a little small and had only 2 benches. Plenty to keep the average gym goer happy though, and some decent enough music which can make a change from some places!

The pool area was great - really good sized 25 metre pool with a large sauna, steam room and spa pool too. Again I spent a good hour here! The spa and sauna areas weren't spotless but certainly weren't dirty - just very slightly work looking in places.

In all I consider the deal u had excellent value for money and am looking forward to my other 9 visits! Not sure how much membership would be though I would have though in the region of £40 a month would be a fair price.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Lofty_76
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Really friendly hotel caters for everybody weddings hen parties etc had a great weekend. Has themed nights with meals included and also friendly pub inside the hotel which is open to none residents. Fabulous atmosphere.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

Booked this hotel as for our wedding evening and the night before for the groom and his two friends. What a horrible experience! Firstly my partner and his friends went into the hotel bar. To a lady who cashing up. When asked if thy were still ok to get drinks they were responded to with tut and inconveniently got another memeber of staff to serve us. Whilst all the while he had to listen to her derogatory comments about us. one of them being "I'm [--] sick of them coming in at this time". (Time was 11.30pm) Then they had the struggle of not being able to pay unless it was on a room key, cash or card was not allowed, they had to top up £25 just to spend £8.
Next hassle, check in. Check in times are after 3 and before 10pm. To which We replied we are getting married at 3.30 and the reception wiill not finish until way after 10pm. the gentleman on the desk was very helpful saying we could pay £10 extra for us and our other guests for this service. and he would put a note to our account. however on the friday 1st nov, we went to reception only to be met with a very unhelpful lady who spoke to us using oneword answers, this being "no". so our guests then had to leave our wedding to come back and check in. Finally upon our return after the reception we were greated with handshakes and cheers by other guests staying at the hotel. However the reception staff merely looked up and then back down at the paperwork. This would not have been an issue had We not experienced the worst customer service I can remember.
I have spoken to the village hotel who said they would contact me by phone to discuss my experience. However as yet I have not recieved one. I would however like to say that the leisure staff were wonderful, a complete opposite to the bar and hotel staff we had dealings with. And this side of the hotel was excellent.
I would not recommend this hotel to anyone, the management really do need to get involved. Perhaps maybe go under cover a it seems, from the reviews on here we are not the only ones to experience this.

• Stayed: November 2013
5  Thank Debbie S
Reviewed November 1, 2013

On arrival all looked very nice and welcoming.
Reception was clean and staff very helpful.
Downside.
The Twin room we were allocated the beds were touching and impossible to move them further apart as the bedside tables didn't move.
View out of the window was a domed roof so no view at all.
Window sills was very dusty as was the standard lamp,we had a drip from the roof just near the bathroom door.
Tv only had channels 1-5 so not much choice.
The bar also closed early on the sunday evening about 11pm
Drinks a bit expensive and one seat in the bar was very badly torn.

The breakfast was just ok but the bacon was hard and the black pudding over cooked also they served tinned mushrooms.

Upside
We ate an evening meal in the bar and the food was really lovely.
Breakfast
Fresh fruit was on offer and you could help your self to whatever you wanted and so you wouldn't be hungery.

The pool was big enough to do a few lengths, sun loungers to relax on after your swim, large changing room with a spin drier which was very handy for spinning your costume and the jacuzzi was fine as were the steam room and sauna.
Gym was well stocked and they also had a ladies only gym which was good.

Over all i think we got very good value for money.
We also got free WIFI in the room and had a good nights sleep in a comfy bed.
Shower was over bath and was good.

Just a shame the room was dusty, we had a leak from the roof and only 5 channels on the TV other wise it would have been perfect.

Room Tip: Try to get a room front or back as a left side view is just a roof
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank DogFriendlylady
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Seen some other reviews stating how awful this hotel is, and have to disagree. Staff were friendly and accommodating, and inside the place was clean and tidy. The bar generally gets very busy at nighttime but it's placed away from the rooms so you won't be disturbed if you go to bed early.
That said, the rooms could do with a bit of modernising, and there wasn't a designated place outside for smokers, meaning they would congregate outside the main door, resulting in cigarette butts all over the place.
The free wifi is a bit slow, too, just in case you need to know about this.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Stayed here a week ago and from first arriving we wished we hadn't booked here.

We checked in and were told that the restaurant was going to be shut (not that this was made clear on the website) that evening due to a function that was on in there and children were not allowed in. Not very good when half the reason we booked this hotel for was the restaurant.

We ate that night in the Victory bar off the restaurant menu and the waiter James couldn't have been nicer :-)

We then went to bed and the bed that the children were on was ridiculous, it was a sofa bed that went up at the end and with it having a mattress on it no thicker than 2cm the children could feel all the metal bars underneath.

Our room was 206 and it is so out of the way, its off a corridor and down some stairs totally away from everyone else, it's just you and the room next to you.

At around 1am we were woken up by the room next-door to us, they were loud and obnoxious, after half an hour or so had past I rang down to reception and asked them to take care of the matter, I was told "there is nothing we can do as they are the bride and groom" I could not believe that that's what the man on reception had said. Actually staying in what was supposed to be a family room was 3 adults, very strange on a wedding night.

After another half hour or so all the commotion of our neighbours woke my children. I then decided enough was enough so I rang reception again, this time I was told that the matter would be resolved. Needless to say it wasn't. I had made so many calls about the people and was told lies each time by reception.

One thing led to another and the other guests actually threatened me, my family and the hotel staff with violence, the man on reception said he was going to ring the police and that we should stay in our room, at this point it was about 4am.

At about 04:30 I rang and asked what was going on and was told that they hadn't rang the police and if we wanted they would move OUR room, which was me, my Mother and my two children aged 12 and 9 into another room. Obviously nobody in their right mind is going to wander around a hotel at 04:30 with two children!!

We stayed in our room and managed to get the girls to sleep for an hour or so. We were all scared to death and the hotel did nothing at all to help us or make us feel safe during the night.

In the morning when I managed to make it out of the room without the groom seeing me I went to reception and luckily it was not the two men on duty that had been during the night. The lady that was on went above and beyond to apologise and try to make a mends, she was really really nice.

Needless to say we will NEVER be staying here again, especially as the groom said himself that he lives just down the road, who knows when he would be in there!!

Also, don't be fooled by the offers and entertainment programmes that are advertised in house, half of them don't run any more but they still use all the literature with them on.

Room Tip: If you are going to stay, don't stay in 205 or 206 with children, it's not safe how far away...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Emily O, Guest Relations Manager at Village Manchester Hyde Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience with us at the Village Hotel Hyde. Your willingness to share your thoughts is appreciated.

I am sorry you felt your stay with us wasn’t up to 100% satisfaction I have passed your comments on to the relevant departments and they are being followed up by each department manager.

The De Vere Group is committed to providing our guests with the highest quality services and facilities. We sincerely regret we fell short of our goal in this instance. Your comments are important to the success of our organisation, as we rely on you, our guest, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs.

Please can i ask that you contact me on the details below and we can try to come to a resolution to restore your faith in our brand.

Kind Regards

Emily O'Hara

Marketing Media Executive

Ashton and Hyde Village Hotels

Mobile: 07827902356

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hyde
Village Hotel Manchester Ashton
#2 of 3 in Ashton-under-Lyne
Village Hotel Manchester Cheadle
2 mi away
Premier Inn Manchester (Denton) Hotel

Been to Village Manchester Hyde Hotel? Share your experiences!