Village Manchester Hyde Hotel
$217
$160
$110
1,374 results
All reviewsleisure facilitiespublic housethe vervespa treatmentsswimming poolleisure clubsteam roomgreat facilitiescoffee machinegreat nightlovely hotelwould stay againgood nights sleepgymmanchester
Reviewed May 5, 2012

I have just stayed at the hotel and found it very busy. Even though it was busy the staff were very comitted to delivering great service. I was visiting family in manchester and found the location from my sat nav relatively easy. The restaurant was busy but the food was fresh and tasty. And outstanding value. Overall I would recommend and will definately visit the hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank pauld1404
Reviewed May 3, 2012

I use this hotel at least two nights a week, every week and have done so for two years now. I always find the rooms well looked after, the restaurant is second to none and other facilities are fantastic. A huge thans must go to all the staff who work there, especially Katie on reception - always with a smile and Anne and co in the restaurant for their excellent service!!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Stuart T
Reviewed April 30, 2012

Great Hotel, Beautiful and Clean, Fantastic Restaurant, great Breakfast, Friendly Staff, Fantastic Spa, Well done to Mike Dixon and Andrew Dyson

Room Tip: 106 !! All rooms are nice and clean,
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Livi196
Reviewed April 25, 2012

Staying every week for at least 2 nights per week for the past 3 years makes this my second home. The facilities are excellent, rooms comfortable, food in the restaurant is very good quality with plenty of variety and the staff can't do enough to make you feel welcome and your stay a pleasure, especially Katie on reception and Anne and her colleagues in the restaurant.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 15, 2012

I regularly use De Vere / Village for business and pleasure - but never again and neither will any of my colleagues

I visited the Victory Pub with 6 friends / family and found that hardly anybody was in there.

We ordered all our meals at the same time and approximately 15 minutes later three starters arrived. After a few minutes we agreed for our friends to eat their starters as we thought ours would be along soon. After a 15 minute wait and several complaints two more starters arrived. This was followed by three main courses - yet two starters were yet to arrive! As 3 of our guests finished their mains, two more mains arrived but still we were two starters missing!

After an hour I was absolutely furious and not willing to wait for my meal - especially given that we had complained on 5 occasions and the other people in my party had finished their meal!

I approached the bar to request a refund and was told that it would need to be processed by the Manager. I had already witnessed the Manager who had been surly, abrupt and obtuse on each occasion that I had asked for my starter - she was a typical rude 1980's style Manager that would definitely live to the slogan 'the customer is always wrong' - I think you get the idea. As she approached me she said 'can I help you' to which I replied 'yes I'm absolutely sick of waiting for my starter and want a refund now' to which she replied 'well you'll have to wait because i'm serving somebody'. Needless to say I was completely enraged, but waited while she 'found the time' to process my refund

To make matters worse I left a complaint letter with a nice lady at reception who assured me the Manager would contact me, plus I sent an e mail to DeVere. Neither the Manager nor DeVere had the decency to respond to me.

I think my terrible experience, the lack of response from the Manager / DeVere, plus the fact that they are the only hotel I've seen on here that can't be bothered to respond to any reviews suggests exactly what this organisation thinks of its customers.

I certainly won't be visiting any DeVere and I regularly used their venues for large conferences - but not anymore!

• Stayed: December 2011
3  Thank beach/ski
WilliamsVAM, Manager at Village Manchester Hyde Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2012

Dear Sir
I am extremely sorry to read of the events that took place during your recent meal in the Victory Pub at Village Hyde.
I have recently taken over the immediate day to day running of the hotel and am very disappointed to read your feedback.
I have not unfortunately received a message to call you or an e-mail from you.

I would be very happy to discuss this with you and if you would like to contact me direct over my e mail address mark.williams@village-hotels.com I will arrange this with you.

Kind Regards