“GREAT FOOD”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 9, 2014

If its ambiance and hustle & bustle your after, maybe try 1 of the bigger places around. If its a great curry then its your place. Food is brilliant, cant fault it, its a great local curry restaurant. The staff are friendly but not over-baring and the prices are good. We went on a rainy monday in Jan so we were the only ones in. We had the ghost jipuree and Chicken Razala both were excellent. Value for money I say.

1  Thank adele b

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Just finished another great meal at the Garlic. Never fails to deliver on taste and quality . I can understand previous comments regarding staff , but they do not hustle , assuming that diners have come for a relaxing meal , not to dine and dash . They always offer to seat us immediately , and offer menus.I dislike staff hovering around , so I am quite happy to have to attract their attention if I require anything from that point onwards .
We are visited frequently enough during the meal , and often asked if we prefer to wait between courses , and this is from all the staff , young and not so young.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

Had and enjoyable meal here just before Christmas but like some other reviews the service really lets the restaurant down. Too many young in-experienced staff who are not trained in restaurant service.

2  Thank kershma
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Garlic has always been top of my list when eating out in Hyde, until today, arrived, waiter saw us and wandered off, 5 minutes later my boyfriend had to go looking for someone to seat us, total disinterest, wave of a hand, in the general direction of a table, so we sat, menus plonked on the table, my boyfriend asks if they are doing happy hour, shrug, 'dunno, don't think so' wandered off, comes back orders drinks, point out that happy hour is on the Christmas menu, curt reply was not doing it, finished in November, that's an old menu. Strange considering it had a Christmas Day menu on it! Up and left, rude staff, disinterested staff. Shame because the foods always been ok, went around the corner to the maha, highly recommend it, see my review of maha for more info. It would seem that garlic think that by having some good reviews they can can ignore customer service. Won't be returning....

4  Thank Jo M
Reviewed December 15, 2013

The quality of food is good,and the Sunday special is very good value.I have been here numerous times and always enjoyed it.

1  Thank Bob G