“Very poor”

Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

My partner and I took our granddaughters here for a treat. The Wacky Warehouse was not open at 7pm which was our main reason for choice of restaurant. There was no trace of the booking I'd made online. The table and menus were filthy. There were no seats on the toilets. The kids portions were tidgy and the adults were unimpressive. Overall, very, very poor.

1  Thank Fiona_1965_13

Reviewed July 26, 2014

Do not let the poor reviews on here put you off because I seriously cannot find the issue??? Came here on a Monday evening. What I like is unlike similar chains there are plenty of veggie options at Fayre and Square and also veggie substitutes like replacing meat sausage with veggie instead with bangers and mash. The food is nice, it tastes fine, nothing came out cold, it was actually piping hot. The prices are really reasonable and there are so many good deals, 2 for £10 and 30p extra for a large pop so you can get a really cheap meal here. The staff were really pleasant and efficient, there was a large party in ordering about 20 drinks and meals and here was no panic or delay because of this and the staff were courteous enough to let us know there may be a 20 minute wait rather than just take our order and leave us waiting. The waitress who brought our meal was lovely and very appreciative of us waiting "longer than usual" even though it really was only 20 minutes. Will most definitely recommend and return, thank you.

1  Thank katenorthwest
Reviewed July 20, 2014

went here last resort because sunday afternoon sunny day went trip in car uppermill delph dobcross was going to eat in hyde but not booked no chance. last time i went in here was 12 months ago and it was rubbish cold meal staff no comment but today got lovely sunday dinner which hot and very tasty and good value for money £10 for 2 not including drinks staff were friendly and informed us there were a wait of about 35/40 minutes

1  Thank tonjen
Reviewed July 19, 2014

I have been to this restaurant 3 times, each time thinking that I must have arrived on a bad day and thinking that it must get better. Although the food is cheap, the quality is dreadful. We actually met with friends there this week for lunch. The steaks were over cooked and tasteless and the battered cod was watery (obviously frozen before cooking) and he batter was like cardboard and inedible. Although they offered to change our meals, it was sufficiently off putting not to want to eat anything else and would have been really embarrassing when we were eating with friends. We will not return.

Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Mottram Wood, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2014

Dear Andy C

Thank for taking the time to provide us with your review.

I would like to apologise that we failed to meet your expectations at the Mottram Wood with regards to the service you received. I can confirm that I have passed on your concerns to the management team who would like to investigate your feedback. We have sent you a direct message to discuss this further.

Kind regards

Fayre & Square

Reviewed June 30, 2014

MyFriend + Ihave been going to the mottram wood every week for the past 4 years + my family ever since it opened as the outside inn. We went there on 18th june for my little boys birthday(which was completely ruined) - the meal was disgusting + the attitude of the staff was just as bad- no quibbles does not mean that in there

1  Thank lynnmags
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Mottram Wood, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2014

Dear lynnmags

Thank for taking the time to provide us with your review regarding your recent experience at Mottram Wood.

I would like to apologise that we failed to meet your expectations at the pub in regards to the service you received. I can assure you that I have passed on your comments to the Management Team who would like to investigate your feedback. We have sent you a direct message to discuss this further.

Kind Regards