“Yummy baked potato”

Add it.
Fiona's Kitchen Delicatessen
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed December 1, 2013

They do the nicest baked potato ever here. Lovely bit of salad garnish came with it, couldn't fault the staff and the layout of the upstairs eating area gave us space.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

A lovely cafe/deli which makes a nice change from the standard coffee shop.

It's well located for Thornbury and a good addition to the centre.

The staff (and Fiona) were friendly and welcoming. The cakes were nice (even though it was the end day they weren't dried out at all). I always think a cake should be a treat and I hate wasting money (and calories) on something dry and stale.

The deli looks very tasty, and there were cheeses to try so I think I'll return. Although things are a little more expensive they are not your standard common items, and look like they will be nice treats.

My only gripe (and this isn't about the cafe),there is no where in Thornbury for us motor homers to park which would reduce the number of visits we'd make as walking isn't so appealing on an inclement day, and we would like to support the local town centre so that places like this can survive.

4  Thank MrsT45
Reviewed November 12, 2013

This is a new cafe, set in the little pedestrian precinct in Thornbury known as St Mary's shopping centre. An open, light and welcoming place, which cleverly doubles as both a bistro cafe and a deli. The charming staff serving an extensive menu, from soups and sandwiches to the best Homity Pie I have ever tasted, and you have to try the Breakfast Burrito - it is a different take on the hot breakfast bap, with peppers, onions, scrambled egg and beans, all wrapped in a tortilla and served warm. Lovely! The culinary delights continue, with the amazing pastries, cakes and bars, all made in-house, with the cinnamon buns taking the Top Spot! Quite simply the best recipe ever, baked fresh I am told, not once but TWICE a day, every day. The Canadian influence is obvious with these buns, and a wonderful dessert in the form of cinnamon bun bread and butter pudding elevates them into a superb dish.
The shelves surrounding the extensive cheese counter are brimming with a lot of interesting bottles and jars, tins and parcels, which inspire, as well as make great gifts while you sit and make your shopping list over a light lunch.
But my favourite thing about Fiona's? The fact that my well behaved puppies and I can sit and watch the world go by, over a cinnamon bun and an excellent latte or hot chocolate, whatever the weather.

4  Thank Alison C