“Brilliant evening!”

Ranked #4 of 4 Restaurants in Parkend
Cuisines: British, Pub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Good pub food, in middle of forest. Very friendly service and lovely setting. Open from midday and food is served throughout the day until 9.00Pm
Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

Having family over from the States, we booked last minute a table for 12. The pub was warm and welcoming. The staff were friendly with the chef coming out to have a chat with us. The food was great and we managed to enjoy the lovely garden while the kids played in the play area. Will definitely be going back! :-)

4  Thank EmsHolmes

Reviewed July 4, 2014

I am quite astounded at some of these negative comments. I visited yesterday for a light lunch. Had filled roll, chips and salad which was excellent. Good price, nicely presented and very friendly staff. Sat on the balcony in the sunshine. What more could you want. Also I couldn't decide which cider to have and the bar lady made a suggestion and poured me some to try. Perfect.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

We went on Sunday at 3pm after booking a table. Not a great selection left on specials board, would've been nice to be told when ringing to reserve a roast. Anyway food was nice, chef even came to speak to us regarding our son, who cannot have dairy! Everyone enjoyed their main meals, which despite only being sandwiches and light meals filled everyone. The 2 children loved their meal (which they shared, as they are only 1 &3!) the homemade chicken nuggets were HUGE and nice. The deserts were limited especially for my son, however the staff were very willing to help us and gave him some fresh fruit, which was lovely.
We would like to thank the staff who were lovely, thoughtful and respectful, at one point even apologising for the noise as there was a children's party on downstairs. We have two young boys we don't mind noise but the gesture was appreciated.
The play equipment kept the boys happy ( and some adults but sh!)
Nice place we will definitely be returning

Reviewed June 28, 2014

Today, myself and two relatives had a meal at lunch time. It was fairly quiet when we went in so the service was fine. I had fish and chips, the fish was quite large and nicely cooked, one had Black Bream and the other had Steak and Ale (?) pie. All very nice but spoilt by being served on cold plates. I live within a mile of the Rising Sun and have been in there many times with no problems, but I do think the meals are slightly high in price, but on the whole a decent meal.

Reviewed June 27, 2014

We have eaten here a couple of times and both times were very good. No complaint about the size of the portions, they were fine, and the food was tasty. Some times the pub 'is' busy but hey ho you are not forced to stay if you deem it overly so!