“Lovely Evening”

Ranked #4 of 4 Restaurants in Parkend
Cuisines: British, Pub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Good pub food, in middle of forest. Very friendly service and lovely setting. Open from midday and food is served throughout the day until 9.00Pm
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Just had a wonderful meal at the Rising Sun Moseley Green, always a warm welcome, lovely staff and fabulous food, certainly a must if you haven't already...gone are the days of oven chips.."proper" chips are the way forward, thanks guys, we'll be back (as Arnie says) !!!

Martin R, Owner at The Rising Sun Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Thanks for your review.

We are really pleased you enjoyed your evening.

Thanks for taking the time to review us.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

We have eaten here three times since August. The first time it was outstanding. So we did not hesitate to return two months later but my food was of less quality and like most people thought it was an off night. We returned last night and we were shocked at how much this pub has gone down hill. The food was really poor this time. My husbands fish pie was very watery and made him ill all night. So disappointed. Needless to say we wont be returning. I will however say that the service was good and its a lovely looking pub. Great for a drink but I wouldnt recommend it for food at this time.

2  Thank catspaws32
Martin R, Owner at The Rising Sun Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

Thankyou for your review.

Since we have taken over the business we have changed our suppliers and now provide a menu that is made fresh to order from locally sourced produce.

It would seem that the decline in standards that you have described mirrors the changes we have made. The vast majority of customers have welcomed the changes and we have increased the number of meals that we provide.

I can only conclude that the changes we have made are not to your liking.

We are genuinely sorry you didn't enjoy your meal.

As regards the Fish Pie, this was prepared fresh to order. The fish had been delivered only a matter of hours earlier. We retain excellent food hygiene standards.

Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

This is a lovely place in the forest but afraid the slow service let it down. Food was ok but not as good as a previous visit. All left us thinking we might not return again

1  Thank lumleys_11
Martin R, Owner at The Rising Sun Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2013

I am very sorry that our Service fell below your requirements.

I have e mailed the reviewer in person requesting exact details so I can respond specifically.

Martn

Reviewed October 19, 2013

We've been to the RS a number of times and it's always been a good experience. Today we had the family together and thought it would be idea for lunch. Sadly, today was a bad experience. The menu is now restricted and some items weren't available. The food, when it arrived was reasonable, apart from a rotten baked potato. And that was the problem, the service was slow and the meals were delivered over a period of five minutes rather than together. The general atmosphere was subdued at the staff were not as helpful and cheerful as they had been on previous visits. I doubt we'll be back for a while, there are many other pubs serving food in the Forest.

2  Thank Glyn E

We are very sorry you had a poor experience.

We have now completed a full review and overhaul of our Menu.

This did involve changes in our supply chain and thus the lack of choice.

I have spoken to all our Staff who were on duty on the day of your visit and I am very surprised that you found the atmosphere subdued. The polar opposite is generally the norm.

We hope you do decide to visit us again. Please ask to speak to me personally upon your arrival and I will be able to personally supervise your service and food.

Martin

Reviewed September 21, 2013

Food is great, portions of a good size. Pretty location, centre of the forest of dean. Little difficult to find if you don't know the area. Reasonable prices