We stayed in an apartment during the first week of April when the weather was very cold. The apartment was huge, the kitchen well stocked and an en-suite bathroom a bonus! The site is lovely, plenty of open spaces for children to play and the pool is great. The site is in a great location with plenty to do on the doorstep.The only downside to the accommodation was the temperature. The heat is supplied by small electric wall heaters and on the first night the whole apartment was freezing. The staff at reception were very understanding the next day and provided us with an oil heater which heated up the lounge nicely. The apartment was much warmer when the sun shone as the 2 windows in the living room and the one in the main bedroom got the sun most of the day.
Overall a very relaxing break, helped by no Vodafone reception, and would visit again, but we may take an extra heater next time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whitemead Forest Park is a Leisure Retreat owned by CSMA Club. The Park lies in the heart of the Forest of Dean and offers a perfect base for exploring this stunning area. Our log cabin and apartment accommodation is modern and spacious and you can even bring you tent or caravan to make the most of the great outdoors. Our extensive facilities and program of entertainment offer something for everyone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Whitemead Forest Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Whitemead Forest Park Hotel Parkend
- Whitemead Forest Park Parkend, Forest Of Dean, Gloucestershire