Our family stayed for 4 days during Easter week (2 children 10 and 6). We had an upper apartment overlooking grass/field area and forest which we was pleased with. Apartment was spacious, clean, everything worked and had great views with a car park space right by it. Woke every morning to the sun shining and was pleased we didn't book a lodge as they were shaded by the trees. There were plenty of indoor and outdoor activities for the children to choose from during the day (activity programme set up by the park itself during school holidays), evening entertainment, good pool (splash time allocated at certain times of the day when the floats came out) although could do with being a little warmer, also sauna/steam room and jacuzzi (that was like sitting in a hot bath :) ). We could go off for walks in the forest from the park itself or plenty to do/visit locally. Shop onsite but there is a Tesco in Lydney (5 mins in car). Also on site in main building is a café/restaurant, bar and soft play area. Overall we had a great few days away, great park, great location and would visit again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whitemead Forest Park is a Leisure Retreat owned by CSMA Club. The Park lies in the heart of the Forest of Dean and offers a perfect base for exploring this stunning area. Our log cabin and apartment accommodation is modern and spacious and you can even bring you tent or caravan to make the most of the great outdoors. Our extensive facilities and program of entertainment offer something for everyone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Whitemead Forest Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Whitemead Forest Park Hotel Parkend
- Whitemead Forest Park Parkend, Forest Of Dean, Gloucestershire