We stayed here during Feb half term and had a great time. We stayed in an apartment as we took our dog and it was huge!! 2 bedrooms could comfortably fit another double bed in each and the main bedroom having an ensuite was nice! Only downside was as it only had storage heaters it was a little nippy!! Bed was a little uncomfy too and our dvd player didn't work but got another one within an hour. Staff were brilliant and helpful!
The activities for the kids were good but a little pricey for a 45 minute activity. Our 2 did the arts and crafts(£4) and loved it but if you want to use the time to have a treatment or swim 45 minutes is not really long enough to do this!
The evening mini disco was not very well advertised and after speaking with another guest they said they never even knew about it until they heard the music from outside and had a quick nose! The disco is brilliant for the kids and starts early enough and lasts long enough to wear them out! By the end of the week though you will hate the gangham style song lol! Kids loved Sammi Squirrel and Harry hedgehog and they were great with the kids and stayed out a lot longer then some holiday parks do.
Swimming pool is great and clean and pretty warm. Got busy at splash time but then you'd expect it to!
Not sure if the park was fully booked or not but didn't see a great deal of other people (maybe they stayed indoors cos it was cold?) but was nice not to be overcrowded.
Lots of lovely walks around and great outdoor activity for the kids.
We ate at the restaurant once and the food was nice but a little pricey but worth the money and for a snack type place you dont expect a restaurant price. Got lots for your money though.
Shop was pretty well stocked with the essentials if not there is a Tesco 3 miles down the road and a fish and chip shop a mile and half away.
Gym looked well stocked and up to date even though we never used it.
All in all would definately go back as we all loved it. 2nd time here and there will no doubt be a 3rd and 4th! Great value for your money when you think Center Parcs at half term would have cost triple what we paid here!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whitemead Forest Park is a Leisure Retreat owned by CSMA Club. The Park lies in the heart of the Forest of Dean and offers a perfect base for exploring this stunning area. Our log cabin and apartment accommodation is modern and spacious and you can even bring you tent or caravan to make the most of the great outdoors. Our extensive facilities and program of entertainment offer something for everyone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Whitemead Forest Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Whitemead Forest Park Hotel Parkend
- Whitemead Forest Park Parkend, Forest Of Dean, Gloucestershire