What an excellent outcome.... through increased work commitments (event organisers), this was the first year we decided to stay in the home country for a holiday and we were mightily glad we did. Not only was the forest location just the tonic we needed for an exhausted mind and body, we were delighted that the luxury log cabin was indeed as described. Whilst this fell short of the children's expectations of log cabin folklore, (ie bare timbers, draughts, cobwebs!)we the shattered parents were glad of the amenities: dishwasher, combi boiler fed hot water, full working kitchen etc. We found the pool decent and clean, the campground was well managed, the staff friendly and there was plenty of organised activities. And best of all; miles and miles of woodland walks and cycle rides in the Forest of Dean.
We're now booking for half term, (unprecendented!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whitemead Forest Park is a Leisure Retreat owned by CSMA Club. The Park lies in the heart of the Forest of Dean and offers a perfect base for exploring this stunning area. Our log cabin and apartment accommodation is modern and spacious and you can even bring you tent or caravan to make the most of the great outdoors. Our extensive facilities and program of entertainment offer something for everyone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Whitemead Forest Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Whitemead Forest Park Hotel Parkend
- Whitemead Forest Park Parkend, Forest Of Dean, Gloucestershire