“Tried looking room but great value for under £45”

Days Inn Michaelwood M5
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lower Wick
Reviewed September 5, 2011

I was going to a wedding and because I had left it a bit late to book (Bank Holiday Weekend) the other hotels I had looked at all wanted well over £100 a night. Money is a bit tight at the minute so I opted for the Days Inn at the side of the M5. I wasn't looking forward to it because of the location and the low price. I arrived at 4pm and the girl behind the deck was lovely, very pleasant and I was in my room even after waiting for the family in front of me within 5 minutes.
My room was large but was tried looking,a new duvet cover and a new lick of paint would have not gone a miss but it was clean and the bathroom had a great shower. The bed was comfy and the telly had all the free-view channels. Plus Great Wifi

Don't forgert your next door to Michaelwood Service Station so you can have Burger King 24/7.

This hotel is not for a romantic get away but if you your looking for a cheap and cheerful stop over don't dismiss it.

On another note my GPS took me all around the local lanes. Just stay on the M5.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 26, 2011

Stayed here prior to attending a family wedding nearby. I was travelling alone and at night but had no trouble in locating the Days Inn, which is about a mile past junction 14 northbound on the M5. The receptionist was so welcoming (pat on the back for her!) and the check-in was easy. She gave me very good directions for the next day which enabled me to avoid going back onto the motorway. The room was spotlessly clean and the distant noise of the motorway did not disturb me. I had the continental breakfast, which was delivered to my door at the time I requested. The breakfast was good value and much better than what I have previously experienced in a Travelodge. All in all, good value.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank andreas1925
Reviewed June 10, 2011

I read the reviews before booking. This is what it says it is. It is a clean, no frills hotel with nice and accommodating staff. The room was more than big enough for the two of us and all of our luggage. We booked the executive room. Fridge, kettle, coffee maker, are some of the things you get. The receptionist even helped me with the door when I was trying to get the luggage cart through them. When she saw I was still having a little hardship (heavy load), she came to give a push to help. I was impressed. We gave the little breakfast tray a miss but only because we had our own food with us. It would be suitable and inexpensive ( around £4.95) if you like a cup of yoghurt, juice, milk, and and little things like that. They also offered a voucher you could buy for around £6 for a hot breakfast next door at the services.

My only little complaint is that they could have done with a brush around the inside of the toilet rim. It may have been hard water stain but it could have used attention. That is the only thing I could say that was negative.

I slept well, and got my wake up call in time. All in all a good trip and I will stop in again!

*Note, they welcome dogs*

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Blondie5309
Reviewed May 31, 2011

We had made 2 separate bookings for a 5 night stay the receptionist couldn't merge the 2 stays into 1, having already submitted our car reg, we were asked to do it again 2 days later and were told that we would incur a £90 parking fine for the previous days - we were not informed that we had to put the reg in for the second booking.
Alarm went off in bedroom early one morning which came as a shock to us both
Housekeeping was poor and we were only serviced 2 days out of 5, no fresh towels, tea/coffee making facilities were not replenished
The system had crashed at the hotel and someone had tried to come into our room late at night
Local information was poor we were not told that a back road could be used by patrons to save a 16 mile journey on the Motorway
Both my partner and I had bites all over our bodies from the bed
The room key did not work properly on the last day!
all in all i would say DO NOT STAY - it's worse than fawlty towers

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank twickersboy
Reviewed March 1, 2011

The hotel is situated right on the site of the Michaelwood northbound services. The hotel and rooms are adequate, very clean and in good order. The hotel was a little noisy from the nearby M5 but not too bad, perhaps it could do with some secondary glazing to eliminate that.

We visited the Stagecoach Inn at Newport, it was much better than a meal in the services, and not too bad a pub - to find it, as you exit the hotel carpark, turn right and follow this service road for around 1/2 mile, when you reach the main road, turn right and follow this to Newport, the pub is on the left just off the main road.

All in all, not a bad place to stay if you get a reasonable deal on price.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank trispen123
Reviewed September 17, 2010

I have here plenty of times of the last few years, staff very friendly and helpful.
Rooms clean and comfortable breakfast available if wanted.
You could do a lot worse than stay here

• Stayed: September 2010
1  Thank hardtopleaseCentral
Reviewed December 5, 2009

I stayed at the Days Inn for one night prior to a stay at the Travelodge in Cheltenham, and the two are like chalk and cheese. This Days Inn is excellent value, with a huge room, digital TV with 60 or so channels, comfortable bed, soap for the shower, and it's easy to find if you are heading north on the M5 - just keep left as you take the exit.

If only Travelodges could aspire to such quality.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled solo
Travelodge Bristol Severn View M48
The Swan Hotel
The Swan Hotel
#1 of 1 in Wotton-under-Edge

Been to Days Inn Michaelwood M5? Share your experiences!