“A wonderful stay - expectations exceeded!”
Review of Cowley Manor

Cowley Manor
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cowley
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We stayed at Cowley for five nights last week from Sunday to Friday and we enjoyed every minute! We booked as a special treat to celebrate my 30th birthday so we had high hopes for a great week as I had spent a long time choosing where to stay for the occasion. I chose Cowley as I liked the look of the soft, contemporary decor, lovely looking grounds and also the variety of food on offer which, compared to other venues, seemed to be at a reasonable price.

I am often disappointed, but not with Cowley! We thought the decor was great, quirky but not too in your face and complemented the building. We loved the grounds which had so many little areas to explore or the beautiful terrace and lawn right outside. The spa area was great with the outside heated pool being a highlight. The food also offered exactly what we wanted which was something at any time of day for any level of appetite from very relaxed to formal. Breakfast every day was delicious with more choices than we could even manage in five days! Our room was spacious and well appointed with a great bathroom and lots of lovely toiletries. We were most impressed however by the staff. Everyone was friendly and attentive but equally let you just get on and relax. We really felt at home and were very sorry to leave! There were a few kiddies around and always people having lunch or dinner but it never felt busy. We obviously were there mid week which meant it was quieter which is what we wanted.

If you want somewhere relaxed, comfortable and with a soft quirky twist in an amazing setting then I would highly recommend Cowley Manor. It is expensive but we felt it was worth it given all of the facilities to use and the excellent service. We will return!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 28, 2013

I booked a one night stay by myself as a break from family life and so I was really disappointed to find the spa overrun by excitable young children. Not very relaxing. It was impossible to swim in the pool as they and their parents were using it like a children's play pool. When I complained to staff about the repeated dive bombing nothing was done. Other child free adults were hiding out in the sauna hoping for some peace but the children even came in there! There should be limited access to the spa for children.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Stayed for one night only in an Exceptional room, the room was part of the stable block on the first floor with a private terrace and bath set by the huge glass windows in the bedroom.

The room was generously proportioned with some nice touches, selection of magazines, good mini bar, Nespresso machine and towelling robes etc. Large selection of DVDs on loan, and
I-dock, and CD player. A complimentary half bottle of champagne was in the room.

The dressing table was so crowded with machinery that it couldn't be used as a dressing table and we had to crawl on the ground to find a power point.

The grounds are wonderful, so do find time to walk around the lakes and water features.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

The sun is out and I am sat on the terrace having a lovely crayfish salad a good glass of wine enjoying the beautiful view with the sound of the cascade water fall in the back ground ! Cowley manor never fails to impress me!!! come for lunch dinner or a stay I always feel miles away from anything !!! :-)

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 19, 2013

A wonderful place in amazing grounds. The room was simply stunning. Great food.
The downside was that, being half term the place was overrun with young children. Thundering feet the whole time. I felt like We were the only people there not a part of this massive house party. I will try to go back in term time next time. The staff we very welcoming and helpful, although it did get a little over the top at times. We tried to get out of the door without one of them leaping up to open it. Seemed so unnecessary. A nice touch was having all the Hunter wellies available.

Room Tip: We had I think one of the best rooms right in the centre overlooking the garden, and can recommend i...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Morwenna B
Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

Got married here a couple of years ago and went back to stay in feb. I am prompted to write this as I have recently stayed in a more famous but less superior spa hotel. Cowley manor has it all. Great genuine staff. Great room and facilities. Fab room. Just fab fab. There were some problems with our last stay such as cd player not working despite reporting it nobody came to fix it. No water or glasses in room on arrival. Mini bar not restocked. Bath oil not replaced after I accidently dropped it in the bath and it was so good I really was disappionted I didnt have any left. These might come to a lot of bothering s but really would not stop me from going again which will will be doing shortly. Fantastic stay thank you

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed April 16, 2013

It's a beautiful house, in a beautiful location. The pool is fantastic, and the rooms are fabulous. I was here five years ago and there was definitely a more upbeat feel to the place back then, but I think that may be the fact that I was here midweek.

However. I came here for a midweek break to get away and do some work away from the office. Unfortunately the lack of a decent connection anywhere in the hotel caused me a real problem.

It's 2013 - and I don't need a minibar, or an in-room cd player (CDs - remember them?) I don't need a library of DVDs, I just need an internet connection. And Cowley Manor doesn't have one. Very disappointing.

Room Tip: If you are in the main house (not the stable block, which I've heard is lovely), ask for a room...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cowley
Ellenborough Park
#2 of 3 in Chipping Campden
Barnsley House
Barnsley House
#1 of 1 in Barnsley

Been to Cowley Manor? Share your experiences!