All reviews homemade biscuits ground coffee duck pond loose leaf tea tea leaves wine list bowl of fruit cheese trolley swimming pool home made proper coffee muesli a la carte menu kedgeree real milk bottled water room was large
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Took my mother here for Mother's Day, and was a very pleasant experience. I did think the staff were a little pretentious, it's not the Ritz! The restaurant looks a bit tired, it could do with freshening up a little. However, the chef was good, and had obviously been given the reins to be a little more creative, particularly with the desserts. Their wine list is very extensive, so you'll definitely find something to your taste! The ham hock to start was delicious. The roast beef was well cooked, but let down by their roast potatoes. I'm not sure why it's so difficult to find somewhere that does good roasties, but this must be the 5th place in the area I've tried that hasn't hit the mark! Pudding was good, though my mum had the lemon and hibiscus cheesecake that was not to my taste at all.
We were unfortunately then left unattended for quite some time after our pudding. We moved through to sit by the fire after a while, and I had to chase down a waiter to get some coffees. We ordered some liquor coffees, and when they did come they were very strong!! Worked for us!

• Trip type: Traveled with family
corselawn, Owner at Corse Lawn House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hmmm, not very good, I am sorry that the roast potatoes were not up to scratch, that's poor. I think the
restaurant is a restful room, not zingy like a fast food outlet, but I think tired is a bit harsh. I am so sorry
there was a gap before you got your coffee, but glad it was good when you got it!! Mothers day is always
rather testing, because its so busy, and I am sorry we didn't quite come up to par, but 'a very pleasant
experience' doesn't sound too bad.
I was however very disappointed that you thought the service was "pretentious". I am surprised you
were given that impression. I apologize.

Reviewed April 12, 2019 via mobile

My girlfriend and I stopped here for 2 nights with a Wowcher offer after weighing up reviews here on trip advisor. Well they live up to the ratings given, we were blessed with fine days so could get out and visit places. It is in a great area, surrounded with many things to do, the hotel is great. The staff are attentive and very polite, the room very clean with period decor, very big with bath and shower. The food from the a La carte menu is amazing with a wide veriety over its 8 mains choices, we love our food and love dining out so can be quite critical but I can safely say the food is exceptional.

Great stay, great staff, great food and would be money well spent even without the Wowcher discount....... Found a gem and will be heading back again soon.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

What a really lovely review, I am so glad you enjoyed the hotel, and thank you so much for your lovely
comments about the food. We are very proud of our new chef, Chris Monk!! Very much hope to see you
again.

Reviewed April 8, 2019

We stayed on a Groupon deal and had a standard room, well it certainly was not standard in our opinion. (Pendock) all rooms named after villages,we had everything you could wish for, fridge iron/ironing board fresh fruit bowl even an hot water bottle, bath ropes too many items to mention included The owner Ba Ba certainly knows what her customers require of a country house hotel Great views. Our evening meal was also delicious, breakfast also very good I am one of the top reviewers with Trip Advisor in the West Midlands and I know a superb break when I see one. We will be returning end of June for our wedding anniversary. Should be great to sit outside and enjoy.

Room tip: We had Pendock which is so popular we were unable to reserve it again on our next visit
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank ohdearmeWestmidlands
corselawn, Owner at Corse Lawn House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2019

What can I say, but thank you very much!! This review certainly cheers my soul. I am delighted that you
enjoyed yourselves, and so pleased you are returning in June for your wedding anniversary.. Yes it is
special sitting around the pond on a sunny day!

Reviewed March 31, 2019

We spent a lovely weekend at this hotel, set in a wonderful location and the hotel itself was very clean and tidy. The room was large and had some really cute touches, they even turned the beds down when we were having dinner. The food at both dinner and breakfast was excellent, they were a very relaxed approach which we particularly enjoyed, we were in no hurry and took the opportunity to just enjoy the moment. We did a great walk to Tewkesbury Abbey and back, along the river, it was about 11 miles... we would definitely recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: February 2019
corselawn, Owner at Corse Lawn House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2019

What a lovely, happy review, thank you very much. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit so much, and think you are very brave to walk all the way to Tewkesbury Abbey, although it is a beautiful walk.. I am very pleased to hear that you will recommend us, and hope to see you here again.

Reviewed March 27, 2019

The service from the moment we walked in, to the moment we left was absolutely top notch. New waitress, however didn't we all have a first week? she knew her limitations and efficiently gained assistance; shows potential.
Ambience was just right and managed to bring out the couteous side of other guests, without be intrusive.
The chef should be congratulated and the wine list managed to challenge my wife for choice.
home made biscuits , and fresh fruit was a lovely touch.

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
corselawn, Owner at Corse Lawn House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2019

Very many thanks for a lovely review, and also for your nice mention of new waitress. She is nervous,
but I am sure she will get there!! Yes, New Chef deserves congratulations, I am so glad to hear that
you obviously enjoyed his offerings!! We hope we will see you again.