“Simply wonderful!”

Tudor Farmhouse Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Clearwell
Reviewed June 15, 2014

This fabulous hotel lives up to all the great reviews. The attention to detail is fantastic - lots of lovely little touches. We booked the entire hotel for a company conference and weren't disappointed! The food was sublime and the staff excellent. I will definitely be visiting again!

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Helen D
Colin F, Owner at Tudor Farmhouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2014

Dear Stavert
It was a pleasure hosting your group so I'm delighted to hear you had such a good time!
Thank you for sharing your comments on Trip Advisor and we very much look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

Tudor Farmhouse is a brilliant hotel, what a "find"! Unique rooms, each one located in what was one of the farm buildings, converted to a modern, tasteful bedroom. We had room 23, in the Cider House, complete with free standing bath and large walk-in shower, plus a Nespresso machine for fresh coffee. 5-star without a doubt. So why only 4-stars awarded. The restaurant let them down unfortunately. Our first evening's meal was excellent. My wife chose the pigeon breast which was cooked to perfection. But on our third evening, (we chose to try the pub next door on our second evening, which is well worth the visit), she chose the same. BIG mistake! The pigeon was like a piece of shoe leather. The dish had obviously been kept hot, and had overcooked. Fortunately the manager removed it from our bill, so all's well etc. Thank you for that. DO go, but be wary of dinner!

Room Tip: ANY room! would be good, but the cider house is very convenient
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gladiatorlondon

Dear gladiatorlondon
Thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay.
I'm delighted you had such a good time and rate the hotel so highly. We are technically graded as a 3 Star hotel, although star ratings are increasingly less important as travellers look to places such as Trip Advisor for guidance, so thanks again for your lovely review! To achieve 5 Stars, hotels are required to provide certain facilities and services which are beyond the means of smaller family runs hotels like ourselves - we'd prefer to focus our efforts on ensuring our guests have the most comfortable and relaxing stay and the best possible food.
On that subject I'm sorry the pigeon wasn't up to usual standards on your second night. We take extreme care when sourcing our kitchen ingredients but by its nature, game is often the hardest to guarantee quality every time. I'm glad to hear you were not charged on this occasion and I hope this will not deter you from returning in future.
Very best wishes

Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

My partner and I booked a weekend here via Secret escapes staying in room 22,And to our suprise we got a free upgrade to The Loft,it was absolutely gorgeous thankyou.
The food and all the staff were fantastic, the second night we ate Nxt door at the butchers arms and would highly recommend you pay the extra and stay & eat at The Tudor Farmhouse.
Thankyou for a lovely stay .

Graham & Sonia x

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear gramson
Thanks for the wonderful feedback on your visit. So glad you enjoyed you stay at Tudor Farmhouse and we hope to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

Lovely hotel in a peaceful village. Dinner and wine excellent. Good selection of cereals, fruit and juices for breakfast and cooked options. Food could not be faulted. The Loft room is perfect for a special occasion and the bathroom was the nicest of any hotel we have stayed in. There is a really nice outdoor seating area and the grounds are lovely.

All in all it was a perfect stay and we will definitely return.

(There is also a really good pub next door)

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Dear Essex999_13
Thanks for taking the time to write this review of your recent visit to the hotel.
I'm delighted you had such a good stay and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Very best wishes

Reviewed June 2, 2014

We stayed in this hotel 1 night to celebrate our anniversary and loved it! I don't think there is anything I could fault. From the moment we arrived I had a positive feeling, it looked nice, the staff were really helpful and friendly, the room was lovely and the bed was really comfortable. We also had a beautiful bath which I just had to use.

We had also booked for the evening meal which was superb, both my husband and I enjoyed our choices. We were fortunate enough to have nice weather so had breakfast outside and the quality of the food was excellent.

It was a lovely place to stay, we enjoyed exploring the Forest of Dean and the Wye Valley. Both regions offering great walks with spectacular scenery...

Room Tip: We stayed in room 22 which was lovely, others reviews have mentioned the noise from upstairs in this...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Colin F, Owner at Tudor Farmhouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2014

Dear Madeleine54
So pleased to hear you loved you stay at Tudor Farmhouse.
There's nothing more rewarding that positive feedback like this so thanks for taking the time to review your visit.
We very much hope to welcome you again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

We stayed here for two nights to celebrate my wife’s birthday - what a good move!

The superb customer service started when I booked online. The hotel phoned me back to check whether we had any allergies to feather pillows and also what time we would like to eat on both evenings.

The room we booked was Room 22, on the ground floor of the Cider House, overlooking the pretty garden. What a cosy room it was with a really comfortable bed and good sized bathroom with a walk-in monsoon shower. The only minor gripe was some noise from the room above, but this is an old building with wooden floors upstairs and therefore to be expected; as long as you haven’t got an elephant staying upstairs you’ll be fine.

We ate in the restaurant both nights and the food can only be described as superb. Although the portions were relatively small, they were so so tasty and made use of locally sourced produce.

All in all, a really restful stay in this peaceful and characterful hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Jay2404
Thanks for taking the time to review your recent visit to the Tudor Farmhouse.
Delighted to hear you had a great stay and we hope you will consider returning again in the future.
Best wishes

Reviewed June 1, 2014

This is a very nice little hotel. All the staff were friendly and very helpful. I had a comfortable room which was well equipped and looked out onto a small garden. The between floors could be better soundproofed though! Breakfast very good, perfect scrambled eggs. Dinner tried too hard for my taste, I would have preferred simpler dishes, a touch of Masterchef I could do without. Sad lack of a salad option although they do have a vegetarian menu. Might have been me but I did not really enjoy the dishes on offer. Menu changes so might just have got the wrong week. Pretty garden outside main door and also another at the back up a slope but when I was there the weather was wet so no opportunity to enjoy this aspect. On the whole a good place to stay.

Room Tip: I moved rooms as the first allocation backed onto the car park.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo

Dear Kate47a
Thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay.
I'm very pleased you had a good visit on balance. Sorry the food wasn't to your taste on this occasion, we do daily specials and the menus do change regularly to offer variety and seasonality. We are lucky in that there are a number of other dining options in the village and surrounding area so we can offer different options for guests who prefer plainer dishes.
Thank you again and we hope to welcome you again in the future.
Best wishes
Colin

Also consider these accommodations in or near Clearwell
The Speech House Hotel
#1 of 1 in Shurdington
De Vere Tortworth Court
De Vere Tortworth Court
#1 of 1 in Tortworth

Been to Tudor Farmhouse Hotel? Share your experiences!