We booked this hotel as we were going to a friends wedding in clearwell castle. It's a great location for the Castle as its only minutes walk round the corner to the castle. We arrived quite early on the Saturday morning and we were allowed to check in at 11.30 this was great as we had time to go and get some lunch and then get ready for the wedding at 2. We only booked a basic room the junior barn room, when I rang to book I was advises this was the cheapest room and the best value if just staying over for a wedding. The room was lovely, it has very high we needed including free wifi, no codes needed as the box was in the room. The room had lots of character, it was great. There was a hair dryer, tv on the wall, tea and coffee making with biscuits. The bathroom was big with a corner jacuzzi bathtub, the room and the bathroom were spotlessly clean and the entire hotel was all kept to the best standards possible. We stayed for breakfast in the morning, this was also great, it was a lovely touch that they named the location of each of the foods on the menu, the apple juice was amazing! The restaurant itself was spacious and well layed out. The next great thing is that we asked for a late checkout and as we had booked the Sunday lunch for 2 we were allowed to check out at 2, this was really good after a full day and night of drinking at the wedding the day before. The Sunday lunch was lovely too with the very best produce used. I would definitely go back again it was worth the few hours drive down just for that cosy little hotel. If you are thinking but it I would not hesitate. If you can I would try to book the loft it's a separate little building with a private gate and gain just for you, it's an amazing room!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A former working farm lovingly converted into a stylish boutique hotel. Our 20 characterful room and suites feature roll top baths, monsoon showers, Nespresso coffee machines. Our award winning restaurant offers mouth-watering seasonal dishes and was described as a "Culinary Oasis" by Tatler Magazine. We have free superfast fibre-optic wifi throughout the hotel. The Forest of Dean and Wye Valley is a region rich in natural beauty and outdoor activities, castle, culture and heritage and world class food and drink. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Tudor Farmhouse Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tudor Farmhouse Clearwell
- Hotel Tudor Farmhouse
- Tudor Farmhouse Hotel Clearwell, Gloucestershire