“Very pleasant stay”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Birdlip
Lincoln
“Very pleasant stay”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

We booked one night 1st Sept. wished we'd booked longer, set in a fairly sleepy village, Guy on check in was very pleasant & helpful, room was nice & clean with an extra large comfy bed. Reasonable priced beers in the bar, We ate in the restaurant, the food was above average, two girls running service & the bar, but still nobody was left waiting, well done. Breakfast next morning was more than adequate. would I stop again? without a doubt I would.

Room Tip: Room 31 is furthest away upstairs away from road or any activity.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Old_English_Inns99, Brand at Royal George Hotel, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you for your lovely comments, it is a pleasure for me to share such lovely feedback with all my team. Lovely to hear that you would stay with us again, so we all look forward to being able to welcome you back in the future, Michael and all the team.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
  • Polish first
beaconsfield
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights at the end of August. We had a good size room for which we paid extra, this was at the top of the Hotel, unfortunately overlooking a quite noisy road. The room was clean with a large bed which was fine. Bathroom proved to be a problem, toilet needed attention, flush difficult to get to work. Shower was very unpredictable,water pressure so low that we gave up with it and used the bath instead. This took a long time to fill, so forward planning was essential. Only were given one small bar of soap and one little bottle of shampoo, this was only provided on the first night and never replaced. Also no Tissues or shower cap in the Bathroom. When queried with reception, was told that those items we expect guests to bring themselves. Breakfast was very good. We only ate their once for dinner which convinced us to go elsewhere for our remaining meals.
The Hotel is old and has character but does need to be upgraded. And if you go make sure you have your own bathroom essentials.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Firstly I would like to thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback on your stay, we have had the works completed on our water system that has resolved the issue with our water pressure. The hotel is scheduled to have a full refurbishment over the next 12 months that will address several of the points that you have raised, thank you once again for your feedback Michael and all the team.
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Started with a friendly welcome from Carol on reception - served with a smile by Becki and Hayley (and all the rest of the staff) - they could't do enough for us-
Our Room (number 32) was spacious and spotlessly clean - at the top of the hotel.
The breakfast was great and we decided to eat at the Hotel for the first night - it was so good and well presented that we ate there every night!
The hotel is full of old world charm - with lovely gardens -
I have read some of the reviews and quite frankly can't believe they are about the same hotel!!!
It was super - we work in the leisure industry and wish we had the same sort of staff that this hotel has - will be back!

Room Tip: Although only two of us we opted for the family room which was huge - Room 32 - lovely! Top of the h...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your truly lovely comments I have shared them with all my team and especially Carol, Rebecca and Hayley. It is so refreshing and rewarding to hear such lovely comments about my team. They all work very hard to ensure our guests enjoy their time with us and we clearly succeeded with your stay. We all very much look forward to welcoming you back soon, Michael and all the team.
Here
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Stayed one night whilst meeting friends and couldn't fault it in any area. We travel a lot with 2 dogs and the dog friendly room here was probably the best we've found anywhere. The room opened onto a fenced and gated small patio area, which in turn opens onto the 26 acres of beautiful grounds. Dogs were very welcome in the bar and breakfast was served for us there too.
The room itself was a good size with large very comfy bed. All immaculately clean including bathroom.
We ate lunch with friends and all of us felt it was excellent in quality and quantity as well as being very good value for money. Breakfast also was good.
We wish we had booked for a longer stay but will look forward to another visit asap.
In all I really wonder how people can find anything here to complain about. With very friendly helpful staff willing to accommodate all our needs we found The Royal George to be as good a Hotel as we've stayed in anywhere.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your lovely comments, we would love to welcome you back for a longer stay next time. I have shared your lovely comments with all my team, look forward to welcoming you back in the futre, Michael and all the team.
scunthorpe england
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed for one night last week, we were given a lovely big room with comfortable bed and lots of good quality pillows, room also had a single bed so maybe other rooms not as big. My daughter and son-in law had the room opposite and it was just like ours. We had dinner and breakfast at the hotel, the breakfast was good but dinner a bit below par. Garlic mushrooms like bullets and the rice pudding was inedible! The showers are a little unpredictable in the bathroom, my daughters shower was the same, maybe low water pressure? The hotel is lovely though, full of character, loved the old beams in our room. Would stay here again in spite of the few minor problems.

1 Thank tiger077
Firstly thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback on your recent stay, I have shared your lovely comments with all my team and we all look forward to being able to welcome you back in the future. Michael and all the team.
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We stayed here as guests for a wedding. The food at the wedding breakfast was delicious and the room was comfortable enough. However we were told there was a problem with no cold water in our room but as we had checked in early we couldn't complain. They told us the problem would be fixed during the day. I was somewhat surprised to find the toilet flush was hot water the following morning. Obviously the problem hadn't been rectified at all! The shower was pretty lame too.
My biggest complaint would be the noise from the pub all evening and into the night . I was continually woken up and there was a lot of traffic noise all night which was surprising given it in out in the sticks. The road outside must be a practise route for boy racers.
For the price paid it was expensive and the receptionist was rude.

Room Tip: Find a quieter place to stay!
1 Thank Jane P
Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback, I have shared your lovely comments about the Wedding food with my Head Chef and his team. With reference to the water pressure I offer my sincere apologies, we had been informed by our contractors that the works would be completed and would resolve the issue. Clearly this was not the case, we have since had all the works completed. Thank you once again for offering your feedback, Michael and all the team.
Belgium
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Stayed for one night, last Saturday. I would rate it as OK, but not brilliant. For the money we paid (100 pounds) I was a little disappointed. I do understand that there are sometimes deals, at half this price, when it would certainly represent good value. My wife and I are senior citizens, and were given a room on the first floor. We found going up and down the stairs a bit much. Equally we found getting in and out of the shower extremely hazardous. The shower is inside the bath, but there is no grab handle, or anything to hold onto at all. A little niggle : but there was only shampoo and soap for one even though there were two of us staying. The room was ok, but rather small. Breakfast was ok, but slow service. I personally prefer buffets. My wife ordered porridge, but because this is seen as a main course, they delivered my breakfast and her porridge at the same time. My wife then had to explain that she wanted porridge as a starter, and main breakfast to follow. This meant that I ate my bacon and eggs on my own, and then she ate her bacon and eggs on her own. At 100 pounds, I would never stay there again, but if there was a deal at much less, I might consider it.

Room Tip: If you are senior citizen request ground floor room
1 Thank BelgianPeter
Thank for you for taking the time to offer your feedback on your recent stay, I have shared your comments with all my senior managers to ensure that actions can be taken to make improve on the areas you have raised. Thank you Michael and all the team.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Birdlip
Cotswold Grange Hotel
Sheep on Sheep Street
Sheep on Sheep Street
#3 of 8 in Stow-on-the-Wold
Mercure Gloucester, Bowden Hall Hotel
Mercure Gloucester, Bowden Hall ...
#1 of 2 in Upton St Leonards

Been to Royal George Hotel? Share your experiences!