“highly recommended”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Old Passage Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Arlingham
Old Passage Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Arlingham B&B and Inns
cotswolds
“highly recommended”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2011

my husband and I stayed here for the night and ate in the restaurant in spring 2011. Reallly , really lovely room, quiet, warm, comfortable, very clean. food at night and breakfast was superb ( we are both chefs!). hope to return would highly recommend

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Stroud, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2011

We've been eating at the Passage for years, under the previous and current ownership and it's still great. This place suits us perfectly, a great setting and not over-fussy food.. and its only 6 miles from us, so what a bonus !
Don't go there if you're expecting a mixed grill.. its nearly all seafood, but their steaks are great

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Cheltenham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2011

We went for a 'Birthday Breakfast', though hadn't stayed overnight. We had booked a table as requested on the website. We were slightly late, though the manager (?) was still very welcoming. We has a well positioned table, next to open french doors, with excellent views of the River Severn and beyond. Although a none fish eating veggie (this is a fish restaurant) there were a few veggie options. I had wild mushrooms on toast with parmesan. It was thoroughly delicious; a good variety of wild mushrooms, pea tops and a few slithers of parmesan. I good ratio of mushroom to toast. My husband had haddock omelette, which he raved about all day. We had our 3 year old son. I doubt they have small children here that often, be they were accommodating of him, engaging and patient. the latte was good, juice nicely served in individual jugs. We had a breakfast 'pudding' a Pain Perdu, which was a light sweet eggy bread with poached strawberries. Thoughtfully the chef had written Happy Birthday on the palte in chocolate. It was gorgeous. The service was spot on. Friendly and attentive, though not over bearing. I was dubious, this being a fish place, though would highly recommend. The manager noted that if veggies inform them of their dietary preference prior to arrival the chef with cater for them with a specific dish.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank ruby2sh0es
Bristol, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2011

After a lovely walk along the Severn Way on a hot sunny day I stopped here with my wife for a drink. I spoke to either the owner or manager who didn’t seem to want us there (she looked at us rather like something she'd wiped off her shoe). I was told clearly that we could only sit at the far end of the garden away from the main restaurant (which was fine); the beer on tap was off so I ordered a small peroni & a small soda/lime. This came to over £6 which caught me out somewhat as I only had £5.80 in change on me. I offered to pay by card but was told 'it's not worth my while using the card machine for such a SMALL transaction'. I said I hadn't expected a small beer & soda/lime to cost over £6 and she stated 'this is a restaurant, not a pub!' so I gave her what I had in change, then quickly drank our drinks and left. It's a shame, the service was so poor as it's a beautiful location and we may well have made the effort to return for a meal/stay.

Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
6 Thank LDM81
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2011

It is difficult to identify this lovely friendly place with some of the adverse comments on this site.
We were treated wondefully from the moment we arrived and the evening food and breakfast was first class. The view of the Severn from the windows of our room was magical and we will certainly return.
Go there, dine and book a room as well.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Marieclare_11
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2010

Have been looking forward to visiting this restaurant for some time....we are real foodies and as it is on our doorstep we felt we should go. Food was average, very very overpriced.Service disapointing, exceptionally slow and actually rude at times. To have obviously microwaved food in a dish that costs nearly £20 is criminal. Wont be visiting again.

Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank babe3
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2010

I booked this hotel as we have friends nearby and it was a treat for my husbands birthday, from the writeups I expected something special, it is not a hotel, but a restaurant with rooms, we couldn't get into the "Hotel" between 4 and 6 each day, We had booked the restaurant for Saturday evening. When we arrived on Thursday evening, all Sally was interested in was when we were going to eat in the restaurant. The room was pleasant but there was only one sachet of coffee, no bottled water and a smell of sewage. Breakfast was either 2 boiled eggs or muesli, not even croissants for £130 per night! I am sure the food is excellent but we cancelled our dinner booking, possibly nice to stay after your dinner but not a place to stay for a break.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arlingham
Stonehouse Court
#1 of 3 in Coleford
The Ship Inn
The Ship Inn
#1 of 4 in Newnham-on-Severn

Been to Old Passage Inn? Share your experiences!