“Girly spa Break”
Review of Rivenhall Hotel

Rivenhall Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Witham
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Arrived at this hotel,and the hotel is quite big the rooms are set out motel style with the conference and health club seperate from the hotel,we checked in 2 hours early due to rooms becoming free,the main hotel block is clean and well decorated but the bar is small and the resturant is decorated veery cosy and old fashioned but it was nice.The rooms were tired and in need of a refurb but we was informed thats what the hotel was going to be doing soon.They was clean and basis and we got a good location.We had lunch in the bar were you can order snacks from the menu they was a bit over priced but the snacks were good and in huge portions.The dinner in the resturant was great and of a high standard with great presentation.The health club had really unhygenic changing rooms that smelt like old dried wee,we had to get changed in our rooms.There was also signs dotted around that were very strange and said that people had been misusing the facilities etc..it was the cleanest and put us off.The beauticians were good and overall this hotel is great value or money if you get the deal we did of £74.50pp including breakfast and dinner.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a deluxe room for better rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 16, 2012

I found the hotel to be very good nice clean rooms and very spacious the furnishing are modern with a nice flat screen TV on the wall the bed was very comfy and the staff very helpful.

The hotel is more on a motel style with the room in a nice big square block which allows your car to be parked near your room and it is very secure.

the restaurant is a bit on the dear side for meals so I had a bar snack again a bit dear fro what you got but I guess i was on the outskirts of london.

Breakfast nice hand hot with good quality food However a bit more attention to detail when ordering from the staff whould be good like i had to ask for my tea and was not offered any toast but a little over sight perhaps as they were busy.

So all in all a nice stay I would be staying again at this hotel should i be in the area with work again.
M King

Reviewed July 11, 2012

I found the staff in the hotel excellent and seem to want to help you have a good stay. A nice atmosphere in the bar and restaurant. The room looked like it had been recently decorated and was comfortable although the shower wasn't very powerful. Good value for money with excellent staff.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

I have been staying in this hotel for over 11 months now; it was supposed to be a temporary stay as I was looking for a flat to rent in the area whilst I work on a contract here.
I have read previous reviews and whilst some are relatively consistent; the comments do not represent the whole hotel.
The Staff: first and foremost, the staff are excellent. I have been ill whilst staying and they offered to collect medicine call doctors... I hadn't told anyone I was ill, they called me to see if I was ok when I didn't go to work as usual.
The Rooms: some are not too great; however the majority are comfortable, always clean and well looked after.
Facilities: the food is excellent with two menus, a lounge menu and an ala carte menu; which represent great value: especially for someone who stays 5 nights a week.
The Spa: free to use for hotel guests it represents a great value add to the hotel.

Overall its a great place to stay. Try it!

Room Tip: Request the 400 rooms well in advance.
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Booked two birthday functions to be held in their restaurant. As I had a previous event there 2 years ago, wanted to use the same menu as before, to my surprise the price had gone up by 100% but it came back surprisingly to the same price.
Arranged a meeting to dicsuss the events, but day before it was cancelled due to no baby sitter, but when asked to make another date and time which they agreed, later on moaned as they had to stay behind after they were due to finish.
First function was excellent but they took the attitude well we have his money as I paid a deposit up front, my decorations were thrown in the trash, yet I feel they were taken home by the Night Porter, Menus you couldn’t read as the printer ink cartridge was running out and they couldn’t be bothered to re print them, cake didn’t make an entrance until nearly the end, Vegeetarian meal was changed as their agreement but that was dismissed on the day.
We had 16 guests so maxium was £400 for evening meal and drinks, first bill was £34,000.00, second included lunch as well as dinner £800.00.
I sent a very polite email pointing out these matters, all I got back was a sorry, when asked for an explanation I got told it was my fault as I should have checked all these details. Even the General Manager Lucy Harding doesn’t seem to care about customer relations and upholds in blaming the customer for all that happened even when he wasn’t on the premises.
Do not book this as a venue because you will either doing their job or disappointed

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank njwb
Reviewed July 6, 2012

I was not impressed by this hotel - the reception areas, gardens and restaurants are very nice, but the rooms leave a lot to be desired. The room I was in was in a block which was more of a motel style, and the corridors leading to it smelled of urine. The bathroom was very dated, and unusually, the taps on the sink came out of the side of the sink - after a couple of Stellas this was most confusing !!

Also, the hotel is on the side of a dual carriageway, and is a bit noisy. It is also a bit remote, and you have to get a taxi to the nearest town

Additionally, both mine, and my collegues bookings had been lost, even though we had confirmation

All in all, this is OK for a night, but wouldn't want to stay much longer

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Mazza160668
Reviewed July 4, 2012

My Husband, sister-in-law and 2 friends thought it an ideal place to stay after attending my sisters 40th wedding anniversary party in Tiptree. Wrong - the hotel reception area very nice and the staff excellent. Our rooms two doubles and one single were awful. On entering the rooms you were hit with a horrible smell - damp - the carpets were stained and did not look very clean and not very pleasant to walk on bare foot. On the whole we all thought the rooms could do with an up date and good clean. Afternoon tea and breakfast were excellent as were the very friendly staff.

Room Tip: Take a pair of slippers so you don't catch anything!!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank bill c
Also consider these accommodations in or near Witham
Best Western Marks Tey Hotel
Pontlands Park
#1 of 1 in Great Baddow
Premier Inn Chelmsford (Springfield) Hotel
Greenwoods Hotel & Spa

Been to Rivenhall Hotel? Share your experiences!